这是用户在 2024-11-22 10:12 为 https://app.immersivetranslate.com/pdf-pro/0b0cf45f-b123-4878-a01c-4fe9b757e1a5 保存的双语快照页面,由 沉浸式翻译 提供双语支持。了解如何保存?
Imagine this. 想象一下
You’ve been applying to a ton of jobs for months, and now finally, you’re getting not just one, but two job offers.
几个月来,你申请了大量工作,现在终于收到了不止一份,而是两份工作邀请。
Congratulations! 祝贺你
It’s time to celebrate. 是时候庆祝了
It’s great news, right? 这是个好消息,对吗?
But after the celebration comes the time where you can ask yourself, how is it that you’re going to choose between those two job offers?
但是,庆祝过后,你就会问自己,如何在这两份工作中做出选择?
Some people are going to tell you, “Just go for the salary,
有些人会对你说:"去拿工资吧、

The higher the better,” right?
越高越好",对吗?

00:37
Others are going to tell you, “No, go for the title, the position.
其他人会告诉你:"不,去争取头衔和职位。

The higher the better.” 越高越好"。
00:43
And others are going to tell you, "Look for the mission, the kind of projects that you’re going to be working on.
而其他人则会告诉你:"看看你将从事的任务和项目种类。
The more experience, the better."
经验越多越好"。

And others are going to tell you, "Look for the mission, the kind of projects that you’re going to be working on.
而其他人则会告诉你:"看看你将从事的任务和项目种类。
The more experience, the better."
经验越多越好"。

00:53
Well, I suggest that you look at a completely different criteria.
好吧,我建议你看看一个完全不同的标准。

I suggest that you choose your next job based on the company culture.
我建议你根据公司文化选择下一份工作。

01:04
My name is Marion. 我叫玛丽恩
Or better said, my name is Marion,
或者更确切地说,我叫玛丽恩、

and I am passionate about corporate cultures.
我对企业文化充满热情。

When I say my name, people can guess that I am French,
当我说出自己的名字时,人们会猜到我是法国人、

and they usually want to guess further.
他们通常还想进一步猜测。

Where in France is she from?
她来自法国哪里?

And there is a city that comes to their mind,
他们想到了一座城市、

the capital of love, Paris.
爱情之都巴黎

But I have to disappoint you.
但我不得不让你失望。

As beautiful as Paris is,
就像巴黎一样美丽

I come from an even better place, even more beautiful.
我来自一个更美好、更美丽的地方。

So I don’t come from Paris, I come from Tahiti.
所以,我不是来自巴黎,而是来自大溪地。

And Tahiti is this island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean.
而塔希提岛是太平洋上一个偏僻的小岛。

And a lot of people dream of retiring there
很多人梦想在那里退休

with a coconut in their hand by the beach.
在海滩边手捧椰子。

Well, I didn’t wait for retirement.
我没有等到退休。

I actually spent my childhood there.
实际上,我的童年就是在那里度过的。

And this is how I was, five, six years old,
这就是我五、六岁时的样子、

living the best time of my life.
过着我一生中最美好的时光

And Tahiti is great, yes, for the beaches and the coconuts.
塔希提岛很棒,是的,因为有海滩和椰子。

But the best thing in Tahiti, it’s the diversity.
但大溪地最棒的地方,还是它的多样性。

Because, you see, Tahiti is an island with a bit of a melting-pot culture.
因为,塔希提岛是一个文化大熔炉。

So if you’re thinking about these two job positions that you have,
所以,如果你在考虑你的这两个工作职位、

and you’re thinking about which one should you choose,
您正在考虑应该选择哪一个、

and if you’re looking at corporate culture,
以及企业文化、

you might find it hard to know from the outside
你可能很难从外面了解到

what it’s going to be like to work in that company.
在那家公司工作会是什么样子。

Most people think that it is impossible to know beforehand
大多数人认为不可能事先知道

what a company culture is going to be like before you work there, right?
在你工作之前,公司文化会是什么样的,对吗?
How are you going to know before you go to Japan what the culture in Japan is really like? 02:41
在去日本之前,你怎么知道日本的文化到底是什么样的?02:41
Well, I disagree with this, and in my sharing today,
我不同意这种说法,在我今天的分享中也是如此、

I would like to share with you two different ways
我想与大家分享两种不同的方法

for you to figure out
供您参考

what a company culture is going to be like beforehand,
公司文化会是什么样的、

because that’s going to avoid you signing a contract
因为这将避免你签署合同

that you’re going to regret down the line.
你会后悔的。

I think most people don’t follow those two tips that I’m going to share,
我认为大多数人都没有遵循我要分享的这两个技巧、

and the numbers show. 数据显示
Gallup has run a study on the state of workplace worldwide,
盖洛普(Gallup)对全球工作场所的状况进行了一项研究、

and I’ve pulled the numbers for East Asia,
我还调出了东亚的数据、

and the numbers are dreadful.
这些数字令人生畏。
Overall, there is only 17 percent of people
总体而言,只有 17% 的人

who are engaged in their work.
从事工作的人。

That means about 80 are not.
这意味着约有 80 人不是。
When people are not engaged,
当人们不参与时、

then they tend to want to leave and go somewhere else.
那么他们往往会想离开,去别的地方。
More than half of them want to quit.
一半以上的人想辞职。
And if they can’t quit,
如果他们不能放弃

because maybe the marketplace is not that great,
因为也许市场并没有那么大、

what happens is people are starting to be quiet quitting.
人们开始悄悄地退出。

That means they’re coming to work,
这意味着他们来上班了、

but really they do the bare minimum not to get fired.
但实际上,为了不被解雇,他们只能做最起码的事。
For employees and employers, this is dreadful numbers,
对于雇员和雇主来说,这是一个可怕的数字、

and I’d like to take those numbers and bring them to reality.
我想把这些数字变成现实。
What does that look like, really?
这到底是什么样子?

And l’ll give you an example of a coaching client
我给你举一个教练客户的例子

a couple of years ago who is a lawyer,
他是一名律师、

let’s call her Junita. 就叫她朱尼塔吧
And Junita is an awesome lawyer.
朱尼塔是个很棒的律师。

She’s really great at what she does,
她真的很出色、

but she didn’t want to end up in a law firm,
但她不想在律师事务所终老、

she found it a bit boring.
她觉得有点无聊。

She wanted something more exciting and fancy.
她想要更刺激、更花哨的东西。

So she ended up in a startup.
所以,她最后进了一家初创公司。

But after a few months, she just realized this is not the right fit here.
但几个月后,她意识到这里并不适合她。

You see, Junita really, really likes things done well.
你看,朱尼塔非常非常喜欢把事情做好。

She likes to take her time and double check.
她喜欢慢慢来,仔细检查。

But she’s surrounded with entrepreneurs and startuppers,
但她周围都是企业家和创业者、

people who want to go fast and break things.
想跑得快、想摔东西的人。

So there were a lot of tensions between her and the rest of the team.
因此,她和团队其他成员之间的关系非常紧张。

So very quickly, after a few months, she just burnt out.
所以很快,几个月后,她就倦怠了。

Professionally, she was questioning herself.
在职业上,她在质疑自己。

As a lawyer, she was questioning herself.
作为一名律师,她在质疑自己。

As an individual, she was questioning herself.
作为一个个体,她在质疑自己。

“Why is it that I can’t fit in here?”
"为什么我不能住在这里?"

So we worked together, and she moved to a more traditional workplace culture,
于是,我们一起工作,她搬到了一个更传统的工作场所、

where she saw that people were behaving a little bit more like her
在那里,她看到人们的行为更像她了

and shared her work ethics.
并分享了她的职业道德。

That’s where she really thrived in her job.
这也是她在工作中真正茁壮成长的地方。

And this is what I wish to every single one of you,
这也是我对你们每一个人的祝福、

is to experience a place,
就是体验一个地方、

an environment that brings not the worst, but the best out of you.
在这样的环境中,你能发挥出最好的一面,而不是最差的一面。

So basically that you don’t look like her.
所以,基本上你长得不像她。

So how are you going to do that?
那你打算怎么做呢?

Know that a place is going to be good for you.
知道一个地方对你有好处。

Basically, you’re asking me,
基本上,你是在问我

how can I do to know that a thing is going to be good
怎样才能知道一件事会变得好呢?

before I experience it myself?
在我亲身经历之前?

Well, I think you’re doing this on a daily basis.
我觉得你每天都在这样做。

For instance, have you ever checked for a restaurant’s rankings
例如,您是否查看过餐厅的排名

and comments before you go?
和评论?

You’re checking, 您正在检查、
you’re trying to see what it’s going to be like.
你想知道它是什么样子的。

Or maybe if you’re doing groceries and you’re looking for, I don’t know, avocados because you want to do a guacamole,
或者,如果你正在买菜,你正在寻找,我不知道,鳄梨,因为你想做鳄梨酱、

how are you going to select the right avocado for yourself?
如何挑选适合自己的鳄梨?

It’s the same. 都一样。
05:55
So I would like to compare company cultures to avocados.
因此,我想把公司文化比作鳄梨。

If you have ten avocados, how do you know which one is the right one?
如果你有十个鳄梨,你怎么知道哪个是正确的?
You’re probably going to take one and put some pressure on the skin,
你可能要拿一个,然后在皮肤上施加一些压力、

and you might feel that there is resistance,
你可能会感到有阻力、

maybe too much or too little,
也许太多,也许太少、

and that’s how you’re going to judge.
这就是你的评判标准。

So today, what I would like to share with you are two tools.
所以,今天我想和大家分享的是两个工具。

The first one for you to assess if a culture,
首先要评估的是一种文化、

a company is going to be the right fit for you,
一家公司是否适合您、

the first tool for you is to observe.
你的第一个工具就是观察。

Observe, observe, observe.
观察、观察、观察

What do you observe? 你观察到了什么?
Well, you observe the entire recruitment process.
好吧,你观察整个招聘过程。

Because what happens in the recruitment process
因为招聘过程中发生的事情

is companies are trying to show you their best side.
是公司在努力向你展示他们最好的一面。

They really want to attract you.
他们真的想吸引你。

They want to get you, they’re seducing you.
他们想要得到你,他们在引诱你。

So if there is some things that you don’t like there, you’re probably not going to like afterwards either.
因此,如果你不喜欢那里的某些东西,你可能也不会喜欢那里的东西。
06:47
Let me give you an example.
我来举个例子。

If a company takes weeks to answer your emails or even book an interview with you,
如果一家公司需要数周时间才能回复您的电子邮件,甚至需要预约您的面试、

well, that kind of culture is probably a bit slower than what you would expect.
嗯,这种文化可能比你想象的要慢一些。
If that dynamism is what you’re looking for
如果您正在寻找这种活力

and you like structures and companies
你喜欢结构和公司

that are more process-oriented, that’s the right culture.
这才是正确的文化。

But if you’re looking for a very
但如果您正在寻找一种非常

entertaining, dynamic, 有娱乐性,充满活力、
energetic workplace, that’s probably too slow.
精力充沛的工作场所,这可能太慢了。

You might want to look for a company
您可能想找一家公司

that responds in a matter of days or even hours.
在几天甚至几小时内做出反应。

07:22
Another example would be if you have three people interviewing you and only one speaks and the other two are silent,
另一个例子是,如果有三个人采访你,只有一个人说话,另外两个人保持沉默、

and you figure the one that is speaking is the boss, that culture is very hierarchical.
你会觉得说话的人就是老板,这种文化等级森严。
And that’s fine, because it’s not good or bad, it’s not right or wrong, it just is.
这很好,因为它没有好坏之分,也没有对错之分,它就是这样。
And you need to know whether you like that kind of culture and that fits you, or if you want a company culture that really is more flat and allows you to speak up and challenge the status quo. That’s probably not the right kind of culture for you.
你需要知道,你是喜欢那种适合你的企业文化,还是想要一种更加扁平、允许你畅所欲言并挑战现状的企业文化。这样的企业文化可能并不适合你。
So the first thing you can do is observe, observe, observe. The second thing you can do is to ask questions.
因此,你能做的第一件事就是观察、观察、观察。第二件事就是提问。
And so asking questions is really cool because that’s when you have the avocado in your hand and you’re putting pressure there.
所以提问真的很酷,因为这时你手里拿着牛油果,你会给它施加压力。
You know when they’re asking you in an interview,
你知道他们在面试时会问你什么、

“Hey we finished all the questions.
"嘿,我们完成了所有的问题。

Do you have any questions?”
你有什么问题吗?"

Hell yeah, you have questions.
是的,你有问题。

You should have questions.
你应该有问题。

And I’m going to give you three questions that are going to up your game when it comes to interviewing.
我会给你三个问题,让你在面试时更胜一筹。
08:30
This question starts with the first question,
这个问题要从第一个问题说起、

which focuses on the future potential that you have in that company.
其重点是你在该公司的未来潜力。

And it’s a bit in-your-face,
而且有点当面锣对面鼓、

but the question is “What kind of people get promoted here?”
但问题是 "什么样的人才能在这里晋升?"

08:45
If they tell you, “Well, nobody got promoted in the last year.”
如果他们告诉你,"去年没人升职"。

You know you probably don’t have a big future in that company.
你知道,你在那家公司可能没有大的前途。

If they tell you, “Well, nobody got promoted in the last year.” You know you probably don’t have a big future in that company. 08:54
如果他们告诉你,"去年没人升职"。你就知道自己在那家公司可能没什么前途。08:54

But if they say, “Oh, Alexei got promoted last month.” 08:59
但如果他们说:"哦,阿列克谢上个月升职了。"08:59

“Interesting. "有意思。
Alexei sounds like a really cool person.
阿列克谢听起来是个很酷的人。

Tell me more about him.”
告诉我更多关于他的事。"

There, you’re asking follow-up questions to discover more.
在这里,你要提出后续问题,以了解更多情况。

“Well, why is it that he was selected as the one being promoted?”
"那么,为什么他被选为晋升者呢?"
And then you listen to what they’re telling you.
然后你再听听他们告诉你什么。

If they say, “Well, you know, he was the boss’s best friend,
如果他们说:"嗯,你知道,他是老板最好的朋友、

so he got promoted.” 所以他升职了"。
Well, unless you’re very close to the boss,
除非你和老板关系很好、

you probably don’t want to join that company.
你可能不想加入那家公司。

09:23
But maybe they’re going to say other things like,
但也许他们会说其他的事情,比如:

“You know, Alexei is technically the best out of us.
"要知道,阿列克谢是我们中技术最好的。

For instance, the best engineer in the team.
例如,团队中最优秀的工程师。

So we promoted him.” 所以我们提拔了他。"
Great. 好极了
This company culture is about meritocracy.
这种企业文化就是任人唯贤。

So if you’re really good at your job, you’re going to get promoted.
所以,如果你真的很出色,你就会得到晋升。

If they say, “Well, Alex got promoted because he’s been the longest here,
如果他们说:"亚历克斯升职是因为他在这里待的时间最长、

he’s the longest in the company.”
他是公司里时间最长的"。

Alright, this company values loyalty, longevity, tenure in the company.
好吧,这家公司看重的是忠诚度、寿命和在公司的任职时间。

What is it that you like?
你喜欢什么?
So for me, the best answer to this question,
因此,对我来说,这个问题的最佳答案是:

if I would apply for a job, would be,
如果我会申请一份工作,我会是

“Alexei got promoted because he’s the best at his job,” so he has the skill.
"阿列克谢升职是因为他是工作中的佼佼者,"所以他有能力。

“He also is the best of us, we all look up to him.”
"他也是我们中最棒的,我们都很尊敬他"

What that means is that he is a team player probably, and he represents the culture best and we promote that.
这意味着他可能是一个团队合作者,他最能代表我们的文化,我们也提倡这种文化。
And finally we’re promoting him because he has the potential to be a great manager.
最后,我们提拔他是因为他有潜力成为一名出色的主教练。
For me, these are green flags.
对我来说,这些都是绿色的旗帜。

So that’s the first question to see if you have the potential to grow in this company and stay long-term.
因此,这是第一个问题,要看你是否有潜力在这家公司发展并长期留下来。
10:32
The second question is very simple but also tells a lot.
第二个问题非常简单,但也说明了很多问题。

And that question is “What are your core values?”
这个问题就是 "你的核心价值观是什么?

I’m going to give you the red flags straight away.
我直接给你们亮红灯。

The red flag would be
红旗是

“Core values? "核心价值观?
What are you talking about? What is that?”
你在说什么?那是什么?"

That’s a company that has no idea about corporate culture.
这是一家不懂企业文化的公司。

10:52
If they say, “Yeah, we have core values,
如果他们说:"是的,我们有核心价值观、

but I don’t remember what they are, sorry.”
但我不记得是什么了,抱歉。"

Red flag. 红旗。
10:59
Or if they say, “Yeah, yeah, we have a core value.
或者,如果他们说:"是的,是的,我们有一个核心价值观。

Our core value is excellence.”
我们的核心价值观是追求卓越"。
Then you need to follow up with a question again.
然后,你需要再次追问。

11:06
“Great, excellence is a core value.
"太好了,卓越是我们的核心价值观。

Tell me about it. 说来听听。
When was the last time that you have seen excellence around here?”
你上次在这里看到卓越是什么时候?"

A green flag would be someone telling you, “Yeah,
绿旗就是有人告诉你:"是的、

Just last week we provided the best project so far with the team.
就在上周,我们与团队一起完成了迄今为止最好的项目。

And we’re all really proud of what we have produced.”
我们都为自己的成果感到骄傲"。

OK, keep asking because then you know what the company culture is like.
好吧,继续问,因为这样你就知道公司文化是什么样的了。

So that’s the second question.
这就是第二个问题。

11:37

And the third question is also tricky,
第三个问题也很棘手、

but it’s reminding you that there is no company culture that is perfect.
但它提醒你,没有完美的公司文化。

And from time to time, you will have conflicts,
而且,你们时不时会发生冲突、

discussions that are a bit tough to have.
讨论有点困难。

And what you want to know with this last question
最后一个问题你想知道什么?

is how are the people in this company going to deal with these challenges?
公司的员工如何应对这些挑战?

How do people deal with one another?
人与人之间如何相处?

That last question is, 最后一个问题是
“Tell me, "告诉我
when was the last time that you received feedback here?”
你上次在这里收到反馈是什么时候?

Again, a red flag would be “Never.”
同样,"从不 "也会引起注意。

Well, that’s not good. 这可不妙。
If the company says, or the interviewer says,
如果公司或面试官说

“Well, I receive feedback once a year in a performance review.”
"嗯,我每年都会在绩效考核中收到一次反馈"。

That’s probably not enough.
这可能还不够。

But if they say “We’re providing and receiving feedback very regularly,
但是,如果他们说 "我们会定期提供和接收反馈、

almost daily, 几乎每天都有、
because we care about the growth of the people here,
因为我们关心这里人们的成长、

and we trust that our colleagues can take feedback
我们相信,我们的同事能够采纳反馈意见

and that we’re good enough to deliver it to them.”
而且我们有足够的能力向他们提供"。

Whoa, that’s a green flag right there.
哇,那是一面绿旗。

12:51
OK, so we’ve seen the three different questions.
好了,我们已经看到了三个不同的问题。

The first question is: “What kind of people get promoted here?”
第一个问题是:"什么样的人才能在这里晋升?"

The second question is: 第二个问题是
“What are your core values?”
"你的核心价值观是什么?"

And the third question is:
第三个问题是

“When was the last time that you got feedback here?”
"你上次在这里得到反馈是什么时候?"

Now these questions are really important because you’re kind of grilling your interviewer.
这些问题非常重要,因为你是在拷问面试官。

And your interviewer could be a very junior interviewer, up to the CEO of the company.
而你的面试官可能是一个非常初级的面试官,直至公司的首席执行官。

That will tell you a lot as well of what the company culture is like.
这也会告诉你很多公司文化的情况。

But so at some point, you will have to realize that, yes, the interview is important because it helps them select you as a future employee.
但是,在某些时候,你必须认识到,是的,面试很重要,因为这有助于他们选择你作为未来的员工。

But it’s also helping you select them as a future employer.
但这也有助于您选择他们作为未来的雇主。

So the balance is reversed here.
因此,这里的平衡被颠倒了。

And what you need to bear in mind is the idea that it’s not only about them here and you discovering more about what the core value and what the company is like, but also about you as a professional.
你需要牢记的是,这不仅是他们在这里,你在这里发现更多关于公司的核心价值和公司的情况,也是关于你作为一名专业人士的情况。

And you need to be very clear about what you want and what you expect from a company.
你需要非常清楚自己想要什么,对公司有什么期望。

14:10
So be very clear and define: What should work look like?
因此,要非常明确地定义:工作应该是什么样的?

What should work feel like?
工作应该是什么感觉?

and what should work be like?
工作应该是什么样的?
If you define this for yourself;
如果你为自己下定义

if you observe, observe, observe;
如果你观察、观察、观察;

and if you ask the three questions that I have shared with you, I trust that you will be able to choose between those two job offers and decide which company you would like to join. And I also believe that you will be able to choose for yourself the most outstanding workplace culture.
如果您提出我与您分享的三个问题,我相信您将能够在这两份工作邀请中做出选择,并决定加入哪家公司。我也相信,你一定能为自己选择最优秀的职场文化。