这是用户在 2024-9-5 24:44 为 https://app.immersivetranslate.com/word/ 保存的双语快照页面,由 沉浸式翻译 提供双语支持。了解如何保存?

Reading and Seminar Discussion
阅读和研讨会讨论

In groups of four-five. Take turns answering the following questions using your notes. Try to talk for at least two minutes when answering each question.  
四到五人一组。轮流使用您的笔记回答以下问题。回答每个问题时,尝试至少交谈两分钟。

  

Can we begin by summarising the study?   
我们能先总结一下这项研究吗?

This study shows/illustrates that….
这项研究显示/说明......

We can see that….
我们可以看到......

Overall, this study focuses on/shows that/provides evidence for…
总体而言,本研究侧重于/表明/提供证据......

How does the researcher establish the need for the study?  
研究人员如何确定研究的必要性?

I think
我想......

The need for the study is established by the researcher in various ways. First/Secondly/Next/Finally…
研究人员以各种方式确定了研究的必要性。第一个/第二个/下一个/最后...

The need for the study is shown by
研究的必要性由以下几点表明

The researcher indicates/demonstrates/shows that….
研究人员表示/演示/表明......

Describe the participants. In your opinion, were they the right participants for the study? Were there enough of them to complete the study and generalise about the results?  
描述参与者。在您看来,他们是这项研究的合适参与者吗?他们是否有足够的人来完成研究并概括结果?

The participants were….
参与者是......

In my opinion, they were appropriate/suitable participants for the study because….
在我看来,他们是适合/适合这项研究的参与者,因为......

I think there were/weren’t enough of them to complete the study and to generalise about the results because….
我认为他们没有足够的人来完成研究并概括结果,因为......

Describe the data collection procedures. In your opinion, would a different method be more appropriate to research this topic?   
描述数据收集过程。在您看来,不同的方法是否更适合研究这个主题?

The data collection procedures could be described as…..
数据收集程序可以描述为.....

In my opinion, a different method would/wouldn’t be more appropriate to research this topic because….
在我看来,不同的方法会/不会更适合研究这个主题,因为......

What were the main results of the study?  
这项研究的主要结果是什么?

The main results show/demonstrate/illustrate….
主要结果显示/演示/说明....

The main findings are…
主要发现是......

How does the researcher explain the results? Do the researchers’ findings confirm or contradict trends in the literature?  
研究人员如何解释结果?研究人员的发现是证实还是反驳文献中的趋势?

The researcher explains the results by/through showing that….
研究人员通过/通过表明......

The researchers’ findings confirm/contradict trends in the literature because…
研究人员的发现证实/反驳了文献中的趋势,因为......

We can see that…
我们可以看到......

We can find evidence that….
我们可以找到证据......

It’s clear that/It’s obvious/apparent that…
很明显/很明显/很明显......

What were the researcher’s conclusions?   
研究人员的结论是什么?

The researchers concluded that…
研究人员得出结论......

The conclusions were….
结论是......

What were the areas for future research?  
未来的研究领域是什么?

The areas for future research are….
未来研究的领域是......

In the future, it is recommended that….
将来,建议....

What were the limitations?
有哪些限制?

There are various/a few/some limitations. For instance….
存在各种/一些/一些限制。例如。。。。

The limitations can be described as….
限制可以描述为....

 

How could this study be completed differently? How could it be improved? 
如何以不同的方式完成这项研究?如何改进?

This study could be completed differently by…..
这项研究可以通过以下方式以不同的方式完成.....

It could be improved by,…
可以通过以下方式进行改进,...

Another way of doing this study would/could/might be….
进行这项研究的另一种方式是/可能/可能是......

An alternative way of completing this study is…
完成这项研究的另一种方法是......

 

Phrases and expressions to use in Seminar Discussions
研讨会讨论中使用的短语和表达式

1. A valid opinion (a believable point of view)
1. 有效的观点(可信的观点)

I believe that ...
我相信......

I think that ...
我认为......

From what I understand ...
据我所知......

As I understand it ...
据我所知......

2. A reason why
2. 原因

This is due to ...
这是由于 ...

Because ...
因为。。。

What I mean by this is ...
我的意思是......

3. Evidence
3. 证据

(relevant and up-to-date examples, statistics, explanations and/ or expert opinions). If you have actual data, examples or expert opinions on hand, refer to the source.
(相关和最新的示例、统计数据、解释和/或专家意见)。如果您手头有实际数据、示例或专家意见,请参考来源。

This can be seen by ...
这可以通过 ...

For instance ...
例如。。。

For example ...
例如。。。

An example can be seen ...
可以看到一个例子......

(Author's name) states that ...
(作者姓名)指出......

(Author's name) suggests...
(作者的名字)暗示......

Statistics from (give a source) indicate ...
来自(给出来源)的统计数据表明......

Arguing at University: how to disagree effectively
大学争论:如何有效地提出不同意见

1. Acknowledge their thoughts/ ideas
1. 承认他们的想法/想法

I can see your point - however ...
我明白你的意思 - 但是......

That's a good point, but ...
这是一个很好的观点,但是......

I see what you're getting at/ where you're coming from, but ...
我明白你在想什么/你从哪里来,但是......

I see what you mean - however...
我明白你的意思 - 但是......

2. Then explain why you disagree
2. 然后解释你为什么不同意

That's not always the case because ...
情况并非总是如此,因为......

That's not necessarily true because ...
这不一定是真的,因为......

This idea isn't supported by statistics/ evidence ...
这个想法没有统计数据/证据支持......

I thought the author meant that ...
我以为作者的意思是......

3. Offer your opinion complete with reason and support
3. 提供您的意见,包括理由和支持

From what I've read ...
从我所读到的来看......

The statistics seem to indicate that ...
统计数据似乎表明......

I think what (author's name) may actually be suggesting is ...
我认为(作者的名字)实际上可能暗示的是......

Seminar Phrases
研讨会短语

Giving Opinions
提供意见

In my opinion...
在我看来......

From my perspective/ point of view...
从我的角度来看/观点......

It's my sense that...
我的感觉是......

In my mind...
在我心中......

It seems to me / It appears to me...
It seem to me / It seem to me...

I am convinced that...
我确信......

I strongly/firmly believe
我坚信

There is no question/doubt that...
毫无疑问/毫无疑问......

Example: It's my sense that adopting the Euro will benefit Europe's economies in numerous ways.
示例:我感觉采用欧元将在许多方面使欧洲经济受益。

Stating facts
陈述事实

It's well known that….
众所周知......

It's a fact that….
事实是......

I'm positive that….
我很确定......

I'm absolutely sure that……
我绝对确定......

Example: It's a fact that the Euro will make prices across Europe more transparent.
示例:欧元将使整个欧洲的价格更加透明,这是事实。

Interrupting
打断

Yes, but...
是的,但是......

Excuse me but...
对不起,但是......

Example: Yes, but it has already lost value against the U.S. dollar.
示例:是的,但它兑美元已经贬值。

Pinpointing a problem
查明问题

It seems to me that...
在我看来......

The real problem is...
真正的问题是......

It's quite clear that...
很明显......

Example: The real problem is that not all countries in Europe are necessarily in favour of the EURO which means that only some economies will benefit.
示例:真正的问题是,并非所有欧洲国家都一定支持欧元,这意味着只有一些经济体会受益。

Adding Information
添加信息

Yes, but...
是的,但是......

Let me add another point...
让我再补充一点......

Let me just add on what was just said...
让我补充一下刚才所说的......

I agree with what X said, but I'd like to add something...
我同意 X 所说的,但我想补充一些东西......

Furthermore...
此外...

Example: Furthermore, the EURO may not level the economic playing field between countries and different standards of living will continue to exist.
示例:此外,欧元可能无法在国家之间创造公平的经济竞争环境,不同的生活水平将继续存在。

Checking that you have understood
检查您是否已理解

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but...
如果我错了,请纠正我,但是......

Could I ask a few questions to check my understanding of your position?
我能否问几个问题来检查我对您立场的理解?

Could we go through that again?
我们能否再经历一次?

Example: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the EURO supposed to raise the standards in the less affluent European countries to meet those in the richer countries?
示例:如果我错了,请纠正我,但欧元不是应该提高不太富裕的欧洲国家的标准以达到较富裕国家的标准吗?

Proposing a solution
提出解决方案

What if _X_ were to...
如果 _X_ 要......

Supposing _X_ tried...
假设 _X_ 尝试了...

Wouldn't a fair solution...
这不是一个公平的解决方案吗......

Example: Supposing all EU members adopted the Euro for a trial period with the option of abandoning the currency if economic matters failed to improve.
示例:假设所有欧盟成员国都采用欧元试行一段时间,如果经济状况没有改善,可以选择放弃欧元。

Demonstrating Understanding
展示理解

If I understood you correctly, you...
如果我没理解错,你......

I appreciate your/that point of view...
我很欣赏您/那个观点......

I can understand your/that perspective...
我能理解你/那个观点......

Example: I appreciate your point of view and I agree completely.
示例:我很欣赏你的观点,我完全同意。

Focusing on difficulties
专注于困难

The argument falls apart/is weakened...
论点分崩离析/被削弱......

The main issue/problem as I see it...
我看到的主要问题/问题......

Where I have difficulty with your notion(s) is/are...
我对你的概念有困难的地方是......

Example: The main problem as I see it, is that not all European countries are starting from the same economic departure point.
示例:在我看来,主要问题是并非所有欧洲国家都从相同的经济出发点出发。

Disagreeing
不同意

I disagree/ completely disagree
我不同意/完全不同意

I'm afraid that I can't quite agree
恐怕我不能完全同意

I can see your point, but...
我明白你的意思,但是......

I have some reservations about that point of view...
我对这个观点有一些保留......

Example: I disagree with your last point because the EURO will equalize commerce, trade and labour costs.
示例:我不同意你的最后一点,因为欧元将使商业、贸易和劳动力成本相等。

Seeing both sides
看到两面

On the one hand...
 一方面......

One way of looking at it is...
一种看待方式是......

Yes, but the flip side of the issue is...
是的,但问题的另一面是......

You can't ignore...
你不能忽视...

Example: On the one hand adopting the EURO will bolster competition among European nations while on the other hand it will combat U.S., global market domination.
示例:采用欧元一方面将促进欧洲国家之间的竞争,另一方面它将对抗美国对全球市场的主导地位。