这是用户在 2025-5-8 17:24 为 https://app.immersivetranslate.com/pdf-pro/24f0ee84-c913-4424-8677-fe6f21fa6986/ 保存的双语快照页面,由 沉浸式翻译 提供双语支持。了解如何保存?

DRIVE LIKE A GIRL by
《像女孩一样驾驶》作者
Malcolm Clarke  马尔科姆·克拉克

ARTeFACT Entertainment Inc.
ARTeFACT 娱乐有限公司
A shadowy FIGURE hurries down a deserted, rain-soaked street.
一个身影匆匆穿过一条空无一人的雨夜街道。

At the corner the FIGURE glances back along the street, REVEALING the anxious face of a pretty young woman, afraid and exhausted.
街角处,那个人影回头望向街道,显露出一张既害怕又疲惫的漂亮年轻女子的焦虑面容。
Satisfied she’s not being followed she looks towards a DISTANT HIGHWAY marked by BRIGHT LIGHTS on the edge of town.
确认没有人跟踪后,她望向城镇边缘那条灯火辉煌的远处高速公路。
CUT TO: an impossibly high CHAIN-LINK FENCE, beyond which lies the HIGHWAY SERVICE STATION. She gazes up… daunted.
镜头切换到一堵极高的铁丝网围栏,围栏外是高速公路服务区。她抬头望去,感到有些害怕。
But then, she’s scrambling up and over the fence, TUMBLING HEAVILY into the muddy field beyond.
然后,她匆忙爬上篱笆,重重地摔进了外面泥泞的田地。
She lies on her back, winded and motionless, as rain batters her face.
她仰面躺着,气喘吁吁,动也不动,雨水不停地打在她的脸上。
Then she struggles to her feet, wading through sucking mud towards the BRIGHT LIGHTS up ahead.
然后她挣扎着站起身,踩着粘稠的泥泞,朝前方明亮的灯光走去。
EXT. 24-HOUR TRUCK STOP & GAS STATION - NIGHT
外景。24 小时卡车停靠站和加油站 - 夜间

The Young Woman moves stealthily between ROWS OF PARKED TRUCKS their drivers sleeping in their cabs, windows tightly shut.
年轻女子悄无声息地穿行在一排排停放的卡车之间,司机们都在驾驶室里熟睡,车窗紧紧关闭。
SEEING A TRUCK WITH AN EMPTY CAB she climbs up and tries to open the door. It’s locked tight.
看到一辆驾驶室空着的卡车,她爬上去想开门,但门锁得很紧。
She tries a SECOND TRUCK that appears to be empty, yet still she can’t open the passenger door…
她试了第二辆看似空无一人的卡车,但依然打不开副驾驶的车门……
But the noise wakens the DRIVER who was sleeping out of sight.
但噪音惊醒了那个藏在视线外睡觉的司机。

He curses, throws open his door and jumps down from his truck, hurriedly circling the vehicle to check it.
他咒骂一声,猛地打开车门,从卡车上跳下来,急忙绕着车检查。
Afraid, the Woman scrambles under the truck, quickly crawling into the darkness.
女人害怕地爬到卡车底下,迅速钻进黑暗中。
DRIVER ZHANG  张师傅
(yells)  (大声喊)
Where the hell are you! You won’t steal from me you sonofabitch!
你到底在哪儿!你这混蛋,别想从我这里偷东西!
His yelling wakens other DRIVERS nearby. Some poke their heads out of their rigs - and one DRIVER climbs down to join him…
他的喊声惊醒了附近的其他司机。有些人探出头来观看——还有一名司机下车加入了他……
Scruffy and dishevelled, REN XIANGDONG (20s) yawns and scratches where it itches as he drowsily looks around…
蓬头垢面,任向东(20 多岁)打着哈欠,挠着痒处,昏昏沉沉地环顾四周……
REN  人名
What’s going on, bro?
怎么了,哥们?

DRIVER ZHANG  张司机

Some bastard was trying to boost my rig. You should watch out. Spring Festival’s coming up. People get desperate for money.
有人想偷我的设备,你得注意。春节快到了,大家为了钱都挺着急的。

REN  人名(音译)

Tell me about it! Okay! May as well get going. No sense waiting around to get robbed.
说得对!好,那我们赶紧走吧,别白白等着被抢。
As Ren strolls back to double-check his loading doors - in the B / G B / G B//GB / G we GLIMPSE the Young Woman’s shadowy figure quietly climb aboard his rig through the door he left open.
当 Ren 走回去再次检查装载门时——在 B / G B / G B//GB / G 中,我们隐约看到年轻女子的身影悄悄通过他留下的敞开门爬上了他的卡车。
Moments later Ren climbs back into his cabin and pulls away.
片刻之后,Ren 重新进入驾驶舱,启动离开。
INT. REN’S TRUCK CABIN - NIGHT
室内。任的卡车驾驶室 - 夜晚

As Ren coasts down a rain-slicked highway he wears a GoPro around his neck - recording the view up ahead.
仁沿着湿滑的高速公路滑行,脖子上挂着一台 GoPro,正在录制前方的景色。
His CELL PHONE is mounted on the dashboard showing his LIVE FEED.
他的手机固定在仪表盘上,正在显示他的实时画面。

REN  人名(音译)

Hi there, folks. It’s Ren Xiangdong; your ‘Lonesome Trucker’ here. If any of you Night Owls want to join me for a ride in the rain the weather-man claims we’ll catch a beautiful sunrise together a couple of hours from now…
大家好,我是任向东,你们的“孤独卡车司机”。如果有夜猫子愿意和我一起冒雨出发,天气预报说几个小时后我们能一起欣赏到美丽的日出……
Suddenly, in the BUNK behind his driver’s seat there’s MOVEMENT UNDER A BLANKET. Then he hears a SNEEZE.
突然,他驾驶座后面的卧铺里,毯子下传来动静。接着,他听到有人打了个喷嚏。

REN  人名(音译)

What the hell?  这到底是怎么回事?
Startled, Ren yanks his steering wheel, pulling his truck across two traffic lanes as other trucks ANGRILY PROTEST.
任吓了一跳,猛地拉动方向盘,把卡车横跨两条车道,其他卡车司机愤怒地鸣笛抗议。

INT. REN'S TRUCK - PRE-DAWN
室内。任的卡车 - 黎明前时分

Ren pulls his truck to stop beside the highway and turns to glare at the SHAPE under grungy blanket behind his seat.
任把卡车停在高速公路边,转头怒视着座位后面那条脏兮兮的毯子下的 SHAPE。
Quick as a flash, he snatches the blanket away to REVEAL…
他迅速一拉毯子,露出了……

The FRIGHTENED EYES OF A YOUNG WOMAN soaked and trembling in her wet raincoat.
一个年轻女人害怕的眼睛,浸湿颤抖,身穿湿透的雨衣。
Ren & the young woman stand in the rain beside his truck. She gazes at him miserably as he inspects her ID CARD showing her PHOTO & NAME; LUO YINGZI.
任和一位年轻女子站在雨中,靠在他的卡车旁。她满怀忧伤地看着他,而他则在查看她的身份证,身份证上有她的照片和名字:罗英子。

REN  人名(音译)

You realise you almost got us both killed… Luo Yingzi?
你知道吗,你差点害我们俩丧命……罗英子?
He angrily thrusts the ID CARD back into her hand.
他愤怒地将身份证重新塞回她手中。

YINGZI  英子

I’m sorry. I should’ve asked. I just really needed a ride. Please don’t hand me over to the police!
对不起,我应该先问你的。我真的很需要搭个顺风车。请不要把我交给警察!

REN  人名(音译)

Why would I do that? Are you some sort of criminal?
我为什么要那样做?你是个罪犯吗?

YINGZI  英子

Of course not! Why would you even think that?
当然不是!你怎么会有这种想法?

REN  人名(音译)

Most people take busses or trains? You sneaked into my rig.
大多数人都坐公交车或火车,你却偷偷溜进了我的卡车。

YINGZI  英子

But I’m not a bad person! It was because…
可我并不是坏人!事情是因为……

REN  人名(音译)

…I’m not interested in make believe stories. Go where you want, it’s none of my business.
……我对虚构的故事没兴趣。你想去哪儿就去哪儿,跟我没关系。
Ren turns to climb back into his truck, but in desperation Yingzi grabs his arm.
任正要爬回卡车,颖子却在绝望中抓住了他的手臂。

YINGZI  英子

No! Please don’t leave me in the middle of nowhere. What am I supposed to do on my own?
不要!别把我丢在荒无人烟的地方,我一个人该怎么办啊?
Ren gazes into her eyes, sensing her panic.
任凝视着她的眼睛,察觉到她的慌乱。

REN  人名(音译)

Fine! Let go of my arm and I’ll take you to the next exit. Deal?
好!放开我的胳膊,我带你去下一个出口,怎么样?

YINGZI  英子

You promise?  你答应了吗?

REN  人名(音译)

I can’t drive with you hanging on to me like this.
你这样抓着我,我没法开车。
But when Yingzi releases her grip, Ren quickly clambers into his truck and locks his doors.
但当英子松开手后,仁迅速爬上卡车并锁上了车门。
He smugly looks down at Yingzi, pounding angrily on his door.
他得意地看着愤怒地敲门的英子。

YINGZI  英子

Lying bastard! Why are you being so mean?
你这个说谎的混蛋!为什么对我这么刻薄?

REN  人名(音译)

There’s no way I’ll let you mess with me? Have a nice life!
我绝不会让你欺负我!祝你生活幸福!
He starts the truck, shifts gears and begins to drive off then BRAKES HARD.
他发动卡车,换挡起步,随后猛地踩下刹车。
Yingzi stands in front of his truck, arms outstretched, then she scrambles up onto the truck’s hood, glaring defiantly up at Ren through the windshield.
英子站在卡车前,双臂张开,随后她爬上卡车的引擎盖,透过挡风玻璃坚定地怒视着任。

REN  人名(音译)

(mutters)  (小声嘀咕)
…there’s gotta be easier ways to make a living.
……肯定有更轻松的赚钱方式。

INT. REN'S TRUCK CABIN - MORNING
内景。任的卡车驾驶室 - 清晨

Ren drives with Yingzi curled up in the passenger seat wrapped in the dirty KID’S BLANKET. The atmosphere between them is frosty.
任开车,英子蜷缩在副驾驶座上,裹着一条脏旧的儿童毯子。两人之间的气氛十分冷淡。
Ren, stern and silent, glares directly ahead. Yingzi meanwhile studies the inside of the truck. Behind the seats there’s a narrow bed & basic cooking supplies and toiletries.
任表情严肃沉默,目光直视前方。英子则仔细观察着卡车内部,座位后面放着一张狭窄的床铺,还有一些基本的炊具和洗漱用品。

YINGZI  英子

You live in your truck?
你住在卡车里吗?
Ren stays stonily silent.
任面无表情地保持沉默。

YINGZI  英子

This blanket’s cute. Did you choose it yourself?
这条毯子挺可爱的,是你自己选的吗?
Ren rolls his eyes.
任无奈地翻了个白眼。

YINGZI  英子

And you cook for yourself?
你自己做饭吗?
Still no answer from Ren…
还是没收到 Ren 的答复……

YINGZI  英子

So, you go where you want, stay where you want and see the world along the way! You’re so lucky.
所以,你可以随心所欲地去任何地方,住任何地方,一路上欣赏世界的美景!你真是太幸运了。
Ren turns and glares at her. She gets the hint, falling into silence as she turns her gaze out of the window.
任转身怒视着她。她领会了暗示,沉默下来,目光投向窗外。
Ren sneaks a glance at her, the early morning light casts a golden glow around her face. Until her expression changes…
任悄悄地瞥了她一眼,清晨的阳光为她的脸庞镀上了一层金色的光辉。直到她的表情突然变了……
Her face suddenly contorts in pain, it’s clear she’s feeling sick and desperately trying to hold it in.
她的脸突然因痛苦而扭曲,显然她感到恶心,正拼命忍耐着。
Ren notices, smirking as beads of sweat form on her forehead. Until she finally stares back at him… pleading.
任注意到他,带着一丝微笑,额头上渗出汗珠。直到她终于回望着他,满是恳求。

EXT. SERVICE STATION - MORNING
外景。加油站 - 早晨

Yingzi jumps out of the truck and hurries towards the bathrooms. But then she stops, turns around and calls back.
英子跳下卡车,急忙朝洗手间跑去。可是她突然停下,转身喊了声回来。

YINGZI  英子

I know. You’re gonna dump me the moment I go inside, right? But…
我知道,你一进门就会甩掉我,对吧?不过……

(shrugs)  (耸了耸肩)
Thanks anyway!  还是谢谢你!
Her eyes are sincere, and Ren finds it hard to meet her gaze. Then Yingzi bows to him before hurrying off to find a bathroom.
她的眼神真诚,任很难直视她的目光。随后英子向他鞠了一躬,匆忙去找洗手间。
And as Ren reaches over to close his passenger door, his gaze lingers on the BLANKET, where Yingzi was sitting.
当仁伸手关上副驾驶的车门时,目光不由自主地落在了英子坐着的那条毯子上。

INT. TOILET STALL, SERVICE STATION BATHROOM - MORNING
室内。服务站洗手间的厕所隔间 - 早晨

Inside the toilet stall Yingzi hears a knock on the door. Outside, an OLDER WOMAN’S VOICE…
英子在厕所隔间里,听到有人敲门。门外传来一位年长女性的声音……

WOMAN  女士

'Scuse me, sweetie?  打扰一下,亲爱的?

YINGZI  英子

What? Who are you?
什么?你到底是谁?

WOMAN  女士

Your boyfriend asked me to give this to you.
你男朋友让我把这个交给你。
A plastic bag is pushed under the door. Inside is a pack of SANITARY PADS and a pair of SPORTS PANTS. Yingzi is stunned.
一个塑料袋被塞进门缝里,里面装着一包卫生巾和一条运动裤。英子愣住了。

INT. BATHROOM, SERVICE STATION - CONTINUOUS
内景。服务站浴室 - 持续进行中

Wearing Ren’s sports pants, rolled up so they don’t drag on the floor, Yingzi stands at a sink, washing her face, using water to smooth down her hair.
英子穿着任的运动裤,裤脚卷起避免拖地,站在水槽前洗脸,用水把头发理顺。
She gazes at her reflection in the mirror. For the first time she seems happy with what she sees.
她凝视着镜中的自己,第一次对自己的模样感到满意。

INT. CAFETERIA, SERVICE STATION - MORNING
室内。自助餐厅,服务站 - 早晨

Ren places a cup of steaming tea in front of Yingzi. As she takes a sip, tears well up as she gazes into the cup.
仁将一杯热气腾腾的茶放到英子面前。她轻轻啜饮一口,眼眶湿润,目光凝视着茶杯。

REN  人名(音译)

I swear I don’t get women. You were so tough when you stopped my truck. And now look at you…
我真是不明白女人。你当初拦住我的卡车时那么强硬,可现在看看你……

YINGZI  英子

(wipes her tears)  (擦去眼泪)
I thought you’d leave me.
我还以为你会离开我呢。
She gazes directly into Ren’s eyes then turns to pull a small wad of money from her pocket. But when she turns back to him, Ren has disappeared.
她直直地看着 Ren 的眼睛,随后转身从口袋里掏出一小叠钱。但当她转回头时,Ren 已经不见了。
Confused, Yingzi picks up her hot tea, sipping it anxiously until a second tray is placed in front of her. Breakfast!
英子感到困惑,拿起热茶焦急地啜饮着,直到第二个托盘被端到她面前——早餐来了!
And as she eats hungrily tears stream down her face.
她一边饥饿地吃着,一边泪流满面。

REN  人名(音译)

Is it really so good it makes you cry?
它真的好到让你感动得流泪吗?

YINGZI  英子

Stop making fun of me.
别再嘲笑我了。

REN  人名(音译)

Where are you heading?
你要去哪儿?

YINGZI  英子

Nowhere special. Just away.
没有特别的目的地。只是离开一下。

REN  人名(音译)

So how about I drop you at a bus stop? If I was you I’d go back and have a good talk with your family, or your boyfriend. There’s no problem in the world that can’t be solved.
要不我送你到公交车站?如果我是你,我会回去好好和家人或者男朋友聊聊。世上没有解决不了的问题。

YINGZI  英子

Yeah? Well, you’re not me. And I don’t have a boyfriend.
是吗?那你不是我,而且我也没有男朋友。

REN  人名(音译)

So what then? Did you kill somebody?
那么,到底怎么样?你杀人了吗?

YINGZI  英子

Do I look like a murderer?
我看起来像杀人犯吗?

REN  人名(音译)

How should I know? Never met one.
我怎么会知道?我从来没见过。

(considers)  (思考)
…actually, maybe I did. I mean, who tells you they’re a murderer?
……其实,也许我真的说过。我的意思是,谁会告诉你他们是杀人犯呢?

YINGZI  英子

What’s your name?  你叫什么?

REN  人名(音译)

What’s it to you?
这关你什么事?

YINGZI  英子

To repay someone, you have to know their name first.
想要报答别人,首先得知道对方的名字。

REN  人名(音译)

I’m Ren, as in ‘willful’ (renxing). And Xiangdong, like ‘heading east all the way’. (yi lu xiang dong).
我叫任,名字里的“任”有“任性”的意思;“向东”则寓意“一路向东”。

YINGZI  英子

Do you have a family?
你有家人吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Doesn’t everyone?  难道不是每个人都会吗?

YINGZI  英子

(unhappily)  (不开心地)
No. Not everyone.  不,不是所有人。

REN  人名(音译)

Don’t get cute with me, I don’t buy sob-stories.
别跟我耍心眼,我可不吃那套哭诉的把戏。

YINGZI  英子

I don’t have a sob-story. I just have just my story. Every step I ever took; I chose it myself.
我没有什么可怜的故事,只有属于我自己的经历。每一步路,都是我亲自选择的。

FLASHBACK - 13 YEARS EARLIER
回忆片段 - 13 年前

11 11. EXT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - DUSK
11 11. 外景,罗家,黄昏时分

Surrounded by cloud-shrouded mountains, the nearest neighbour of the Luo family is more than a kilometre away.
群山被云雾环绕,罗家最近的邻居也有一公里多远。
TWO BRICK HOUSES, with a small open yard where several beautiful BASKETS made from reeds are stacked beside a wall.
两座砖房之间有一个小小的开放式院子,院子里靠墙堆放着几只用芦苇编织的漂亮篮子。
LUO QING GUO (37) looks older than his years. He sits crosslegged slicing reeds into thin strips & soaking them in water.
罗庆国(37 岁)看起来比实际年龄要老。他盘腿坐着,将芦苇切成细条,然后浸泡在水里。
LUO YINGZI (8) carries a heavy bundle of reeds as she returns from the mountain. Her small frame is almost entirely hidden by her load. Luo hurries to help her unload the bundle.
罗英子(8 岁)背着一大捆芦苇从山上回来。她瘦小的身影几乎被沉重的芦苇捆完全遮住。罗赶紧上前帮她卸下捆绑物。

LUO  

Didn’t I tell you I’d cut them myself tomorrow?
我不是跟你说过我明天会自己剪吗?

YINGZI  英子

But Dad, I cut them faster than you. I’m small but I’m quick.
但是爸爸,我剪得比你快。我个子小,可动作灵活。

LUO  

And stubborn like your Mom. But you’re right. My daughter’s the best!
你也像你妈妈一样固执。不过你说得没错,我的女儿真是最棒的!
As Yingzi sits down to help her Dad, her busy hands only deepen Luo’s heartache, seeing how early she’s had to grow up.
当英子坐下来帮爸爸时,她忙碌的双手让罗的心更加痛苦,因为他看到她不得不这么早成熟。

LUO  

Tomorrow’s your first day of school. Excited?
明天就是你开学的第一天了,兴奋吗?

YINGZI  英子

(shakes her head)  (摇了摇头)
If I go to school who will help you cut the reeds?
如果我去上学了,谁来帮你割芦苇呢?

LUO  

Silly kid! No one asked you to help!
傻孩子!没人叫你帮忙!

YINGZI  英子

(mimics her mother)  (学着她妈妈的样子说话)
“Girls need to know their name and how to count money. What’s the need of studying when you’re going to be someone’s wife!”
“女孩们应该知道自己的名字和如何理财。既然将来要做别人的妻子,学习还有什么意义呢!”

LUO  

(whispers)  (轻声细语)
Your Mom never went to school, so she’s jealous.
你妈妈没上过学,所以她心里有些嫉妒。

(they share a secret smile)
(他们相视一笑,心照不宣)

Study hard and one day you’ll leave this mountain and see the world.
好好学习,总有一天你会离开这座山,去看看外面的世界。

YINGZI  英子

What will I see out there?
我在那里会看到些什么?

LUO  

Other countries. And a beautiful ocean! They say it goes on forever and it’s salty like the pickles your Mom makes.
其他国家,还有一片美丽的海洋!人们说那海洋绵延无尽,咸得就像你妈妈做的泡菜一样。
From the kitchen they hear FUDI, Yingzi’s Mom, calling to them.
他们从厨房里听到英子的妈妈 FUDI 在叫他们。

FUDI (O.S.)  FUDI(旁白)

Yingzi, get in here and help me start a fire!
英子,快进来帮我点火!
As Yingzi gets up Luo reaches for something he’s been hiding; a pretty PENCIL CASE woven from reeds. He hands it to Yingzi who opens it to reveal TWO PENCILS AND AN ERASER inside.
英子起身时,罗从藏着的东西里拿出一个用芦苇编织的漂亮铅笔盒,递给她。英子打开铅笔盒,里面装着两支铅笔和一个橡皮擦。
Her eyes widen like saucers, but before she can thank him, Luo places a cautious finger on her lips.
她的眼睛睁得大大的,像两个碟子,但还没来得及感谢他,罗便小心地用手指按在了她的唇上。

LUO  

Shhh! It’s for school. Don’t let your brother take it.
嘘!这是学校用的,别让你弟弟拿走。

12 EXT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - MORNING
12 外景,罗家住宅 - 早晨

Fudi wraps a fried pancake in wax paper and stuffs it into LUO JIE’s schoolbag. LUO JIE (12) is Yinzi’s big brother.
福迪用蜡纸包好一个煎饼,塞进了罗杰的书包。罗杰(12 岁)是银子的哥哥。
Yingzi watches quietly, knowing the pancake isn’t for her. Instead she makes herself a bun, and stuffs a slice of pickled vegetable inside.
颖子默默地看着,知道煎饼不是给她的。于是她自己做了一个馒头,夹了一片腌菜。
Luo tears off half his pancake, handing it to Yingzi, but Jie snatches it away, biting into it, flashing a defiant smile at his sister before darting off.
罗撕下一半煎饼递给英子,杰却抢过来咬了一口,朝姐姐露出一抹挑衅的笑容,随后迅速跑开了。
Yingzi’s used to her brother by now, she just waves goodbye to her parents and heads off.
英子现在已经习惯了她的哥哥,她只是向父母挥手道别,然后就出发了。

13 EXT. RURAL ROADS - MORNING
13 外景。乡村公路 - 早晨

In the misty mountains, on the narrow, slippery path, Jie walks ahead holding a branch and playfully teasing birds and catching bugs.
在雾气弥漫的山间小径上,杰走在前头,手持一根树枝,调皮地逗弄着鸟儿,抓着虫子。
Yingzi struggles, slipping every few steps as she carries both her own and Jie’s schoolbags.
英子一边提着自己和杰的书包,一边艰难地走着,几步就滑倒一次。
Jie catches a big bug and whisks around Yingzi’s head, trying to frighten her. But to his disappointment she simply takes the bug from him and blows it gently away.
姐抓住一只大虫子,在英子头上晃来晃去,想吓唬她。但让他失望的是,英子只是从他手里接过虫子,轻轻一吹就把它吹走了。
In reprisal, Jie sneaks up behind Yingzi and grabs her new pencil case from her bag.
杰作为报复,悄悄地从英子的包里抢走了她的新铅笔盒。

JIE  

What is this? Wow! It’s way too good for you. So it’s mine now!
这是什么?哇!这东西对你来说太棒了,所以现在归我了!
He dashes away with Yingzi chasing after him.
他飞快地跑开,英子紧跟在他身后。

YINGZI  英子

Give that back! It’s from Dad, for my birthday!
把那个还给我!这是爸爸送给我的生日礼物!

EXT. ROPE BRIDGE - MORNING
外景,绳索桥 - 清晨

Jie stands on the opposite side of the bridge, taunting his sister. Threatening to throw her pencil case in the water.
杰站在桥的另一边,戏弄他的妹妹,威胁要把她的铅笔盒扔进水里。
Yingzi adjusts both schoolbags, gazing at the swaying rope bridge and rushing river below. Gritting her teeth she nervously steps onto the slippery wooden slats.
颖子调整着两个书包,望着下面摇晃的绳索桥和湍急的河流。她咬紧牙关,紧张地踏上了湿滑的木板桥。
On the other bank Jie starts swinging the rope bridge, making it even harder for Yingzi to cross. Every step she takes is a struggle to keep from falling off.
在对岸,杰开始摇晃绳索桥,让英子过桥变得更加艰难。她每迈出一步,都在拼命防止自己掉下去。
Suddenly Jie lets go, and the bridge swings violently. Yingzi screams, loses her balance, and despite clinging desperately to the guide-ropes her grip fails and she falls into the shallow freezing stream to the great amusement of her brother.
突然杰松开了手,桥剧烈地摇晃起来。英子尖叫着,失去平衡,虽然拼命抓住导绳,但还是没能抓牢,跌入了浅浅的冰冷溪流中,这让她的哥哥乐不可支。
In the senior class Jie stands with his hands behind his back, smirking at his TEACHER’S irritation.
在高年级班里,杰双手背在身后,带着一丝得意的笑容看着老师的恼火。

TEACHER  老师

…what sort of student comes to class without his schoolbag? It’s a miracle you remembered to show up at all!
…有什么学生上课竟然不带书包?你居然还记得来上课,真是个奇迹!
The teacher chalks an X on the blackboard. Unfazed, Jie knows the drill so, just as he’s done many times before, he presses his nose on the ‘X’ and rolls his eyes.
老师在黑板上用粉笔画了一个 X。杰毫不在意,熟悉这个流程,就像以前做过很多次一样,他把鼻子贴在“X”上,翻了个白眼。
And as the entire class roars with laughter, the classroom door creaks open. It’s Yingzi; shivering and soaked as she trudges inside.
正当全班哄堂大笑时,教室门吱呀一声开了。是英子,她浑身发抖,湿透了,蹒跚着走进教室。

TEACHER  老师

Hello? Excuse me! May I ask what you’re doing in my classroom?
喂?打扰一下!请问你在我的教室里干什么?
Ignoring her, Yingzi walks over to Jie’s desk, retrieves her pencil-case from his coat, then dumps all the contents of his pockets on to the floor.
英子不理会她,走到杰的桌前,从他的外套里取出她的铅笔盒,接着把他口袋里的所有东西倒在地上。
Except Jie’s PANCAKE - from which she takes one big bite directly in front of him.
除了杰的煎饼——她就在他面前大口咬了一口。
In a fury, Jie turns to retaliate…
杰怒不可遏,转身准备反击……

TEACHER  老师

That’s enough! Get back and stand still!
够了!退后,别动!
Glaring resentfully at Yingzi as she silently leaves the room, Jie turns to his place his nose back on the ‘X’.
杰怨恨地盯着默默离开房间的英子,转身回到自己的位置,把鼻子靠回“X”标记处。

TITLE: 10 YEARS LATER
标题:十年之后

16 EXT. RIVERBANK - MORNING
16 号场景,河岸外景 - 早晨

Yingzi is 18 now, and though she’s small for her age she can swing a scythe, cut reeds and expertly bind & bundle them.
英子现在 18 岁了,虽然个子不高,但她能熟练地挥镰割芦苇,并把它们绑成捆。

YINGZI (V.O.)  英子(旁白)

After we finished middle school lots of my friends went out to work, but I couldn’t. My mom kept looking for a matchmaker to marry me off. She wanted my bride price to help my brother find a wife. But everyone turned us down on account of us being so poor. All my Mom’s plans turned into empty dreams.
初中毕业后,很多朋友都去打工了,可我没法去。妈妈一直找媒人想把我嫁出去,她希望用我的嫁妆帮哥哥娶妻。但因为家里太穷,没人愿意接受我们。妈妈的所有打算最终都成了泡影。

17 EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD - MIDDAY
17 外景 山路 - 正午

Bent under her heavy load Yingzi trudges uphill on the narrow mountain track.
背着沉重的负担,英子沿着狭窄的山路一步步艰难地往山上走。
On the hilltop she sheds her bundle and slumps in the shade. She’s taking a drink when she SEES…
在山顶上,她放下行李,靠在阴凉处休息。正喝着水时,她看到了……
A PICK-UP TRUCK bounce into view. It slows and pulls up across from her.
一辆皮卡车跳进视线,减速后停在她的对面。
The driver; CHANG FENG (early 20s) is a sweet-looking boy with kind eyes. He rolls down his window and calls out…
司机 CHANG FENG(20 岁出头)是个长相甜美、眼神温和的男孩。他摇下车窗,喊了出来……

FENG  

Hey, little sister! You live around here?
嘿,小妹妹!你住这附近吗?
Yingzi throws him a glance but doesn’t respond. She finishes what’s left of her water.
英子看了他一眼,却没有作声,喝完了杯中剩余的水。

FENG  

We need to get down to the highway. GPS is crap up here.
我们得下到高速公路去,这里的 GPS 信号很差。

YINGZI  英子

You got any water with you?
你带水了吗?

FENG  

You’re thirsty?  你口渴吗?

YINGZI  英子

(rolls her eyes)  (翻了个白眼)
No, I thought I’d take a shower.
不,我打算去洗个澡。

FENG  

(grins)  (微笑)
Tell me the way first.
先告诉我怎么走。
Yingzi squints at him, then picks up her load to move on.
颖子眯了眯眼看了他一眼,随后提起行李继续前行。

FENG  

Okay, okay! Wait…  好啦,好啦!等等…
From inside the truck he tosses a WATER BOTTLE to Yingzi, she twists off the cap and downs half the bottle in one go.
他从卡车里把一个水瓶扔给英子,英子拧开瓶盖,一口喝下了半瓶水。

FENG  

I got more in the cooler?
我的冷藏箱里还有东西吗?
Yingzi shakes her head, then hands back the bottle nodding her thanks.
英子摇了摇头,把瓶子递了回去,微微点头以示感谢。

YINGZI  英子

Keep going straight down the hill, you’ll reach a fork at the bottom, take a left then go straight; you’ll see the highway.
一直顺着山坡往下走,到了底部会遇到一个岔路口,左转后直行,就能看到高速公路。
Yingzi slings the heavy bundle over her shoulder but then struggles with the ‘bindings’ around her shoulders.
英子把沉重的包裹扛在肩上,却又费力地挣扎着解开绑在肩上的绳索。

FENG  

Need help?  需要帮忙吗?

YINGZI  英子

Don’t we all?  我们不都是这样吗?
He gets out of his pick-up and stands close behind her, taking the weight of her load while she adjusts the ropes.
他从皮卡车下来,站在她身后,帮她分担负重,她则调整着绳索。

FENG  

We can give you a ride if you want?
如果你需要的话,我们可以顺路载你一程
Suddenly the PICK UP’s HORN BLARES as the OLDER MAN in the truck impatiently calls out…
突然,皮卡车的喇叭猛地响起,车里的老人不耐烦地喊了出来……

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Chang Feng! We don’t have all day.
常风!我们没那么多时间了。

YINGZI  英子

(smiles)  (笑了)
You should go.  你该走了。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Can I ask your name?
请问你叫什么名字?

YINGZI  英子

(shyly)  (腼腆地)
Luo Yingzi. Thanks for the drink.
罗英子,谢谢你请我喝饮料。
Yingzi moves off down the mountain. And as Feng watches her go, he softly murmurs to himself…
英子沿着山路走下山。冯看着她离开,轻声地自言自语……

CHANG FENG  长风

If she turns around, she likes me.
如果她回头看我,说明她喜欢我。
And right then; Yingzi turns and flashes Feng a smile. Just as he hears his Dad, Chang Fushun, yell…
就在那一刻,英子转身对冯露出一个微笑。正好这时,他听到爸爸常福顺大声喊叫……

CHANG FUSHUN (O.S.)  常福顺(旁白)

Are we going or not? I’m getting roasted alive in here!
我们到底要不要走?我快被这儿热晕了!

18 EXT. STREET MARKET, SMALL RURAL TOWN - DAY
18 号外景。小乡镇的街市 - 白天

Market Day. Streets bustle with people, traffic barely moves. LUO QING GUO sits on a bucket selling his WOVEN BASKETS.
集市日,街道熙熙攘攘,人群川流不息,交通几乎停滞。罗庆国坐在桶上,卖着他的手工编织篮子。
Puffing a cigarette, he watches the crowds go by until the sun is blocked by AUNTIE ZHANG (50s).
他一边抽着烟,一边看着人群走过,直到太阳被 50 多岁的张阿姨挡住。

AUNTIE ZHANG  张姨姨

You must be Luo Qingguo?
你就是罗青果吗?
Luo squints up at the dark silhouette.
罗眯着眼抬头看着那个黑暗的身影。

LUO QINGGUO  罗庆国

Might be. Unless I owe you money. Then it’s probably some other guy.
也许吧,除非我欠你钱,那可能就是别的男人了。

AUNTIE ZHANG  张姨姨

You got a daughter; Luo Yingzi? Almost eighteen?
你有个女儿,叫罗英子吗?快十八岁了吧?
Luo blinks twice; who the hell is this?
罗眨了两下眼,心想这到底是谁?

19 INT. SIDEWALK RESTAURANT - DAY
19 室外人行道餐厅 - 白天

FOUR PEOPLE sit around the table; Yinga’s Dad - Luo Qingguo, Chang Fushun, Chang Feng, and Auntie Zhang - the matchmaker.
四个人围坐在桌子旁:英娅的爸爸罗庆国,常福顺,常丰,以及媒人张阿姨。
Wide-eyed, Luo stares in silence at Chang Fushun and his son Feng. Chang Fushun hands him a good cigarette; gratefully he accepts.
罗睁大眼睛,默默地注视着常福顺和他的儿子峰。常福顺递给他一支上好的香烟,他感激地接了过来。
But when Feng tries to help light it, Luo waves him off, tucking it behind his ear instead.
但当冯想帮他点燃时,罗却摆手拒绝,干脆把它别到了耳朵后面。

AUNTIE ZHANG  张姨姨

Cat got your tongue or what? If you let this chance slip away it’s gone forever; a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Have you any idea how lucky you are? Your ancestors must be blessing you from above!
是不是哑口无言了?如果你让这个机会错过了,就再也没有了;这是千载难逢的良机。你知道自己有多幸运吗?你的祖先一定在天上默默祝福你!

20 INT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - NIGHT
20 室内,罗家,夜晚

A LONG BED made of wooden planks. On the left side; Luo and Fudi, in the middle is Jie, and beside the wall is Yingzi.
一张用木板拼成的长床。左边躺着罗和福迪,中间是杰,靠墙的是英子。
Each of three sections is separated by a cheap CLOTH CURTAIN.
三个区域之间用一块廉价的布帘隔开。

Luo & Fudi are whispering softly. Jie & Yingzi are asleep.
罗和福迪轻声细语,杰和英子已经入睡。

FUDI  福迪

(excited)  (激动)
So? They’re in business?
那么?他们已经开始做生意了吗?

LUO  

Shhh!  嘘!

FUDI  福迪

What kind of business? Did you ask?
是什么生意?你问过了吗?

LUO  

It didn’t feel right. Besides, I never planned to agree, so why ask?
这感觉不对。而且我本来就没打算同意,干嘛还要问呢?

FUDI  福迪

She never told me about any boy.
她从来没跟我提过任何男孩的事情。

LUO QINGGUO  罗庆国

That mouthy Matchmaker swears she’s been on his mind for months.
那个爱多嘴的媒人发誓说,他已经在她的心里好几个月了。

FUDI  福迪

(lost in thought)  (若有所思)
He has a car, smokes good cigarettes, and seems generous. Did you hear right? Did he really say Y20,000?
他有车,抽着好烟,看起来很大方。你没听错吧?他真的说了两万日元?

LUO QINGGUO  罗庆国

Why? What are you thinking?
为什么?你在想些什么?

FUDI  福迪

I’m thinking the price is right.
我觉得这个价格挺合适的。

LUO  

Go to sleep.  去睡觉吧。

FUDI  福迪

No! If the bride price is Y20,000 this girl’s done well for herself! How did she manage to land such a rich guy?
不!如果彩礼是两万元,这女孩真是赚到了!她到底是怎么嫁给这么有钱的男人的?

LUO  

That matchmaker says they met on the mountain. He’d been nagging his family to find a matchmaker and propose.
那个媒人说他们是在山上认识的。他一直催促家人找媒人提亲。

FUDI  福迪

Y20,000. She won’t get a better offer than this.
2 万日元,她拿不到比这更好的报价了。

LUO  

Stop dreaming. I’m not selling my daughter.
别做梦了,我才不会卖我的女儿呢。
Jie suddenly pulls the middle curtain open…
姐姐突然拉开了中间的窗帘……

JIE  

It’s not selling, Dad. Everyone asks for a bride price when they marry off their daughter?
这不是买卖,爸爸。难道大家在嫁女儿时都要要彩礼吗?

LUO  

Shhh! You’ll wake her.
嘘!别吵醒她。

JIE  

With that Y20,000, I could get married. And Yingzi would be on ‘easy street’. Everybody wins.
有了那两万日元,我就能结婚了,英子的生活也会变得轻松起来。这样大家都能受益。

FUDI  福迪

(to Luo)  (对罗说)
You’re useless! Jie’s over 20 and nobody will marry into this family.
你真没用!洁都二十多岁了,谁还会愿意嫁到我们家来。

LUO  

I may be useless but I won’t sell Yingzi to buy a wife for him.
我或许没用,但我绝不会卖英子去给他买老婆。
Suddenly the second curtain whisks open. Yingzi sits up.
突然,第二层幕布迅速拉开,英子坐了起来。

YINGZI  英子

Stop arguing. All of you. I’ll marry him, okay!
别吵了,你们都别吵!我就是要嫁给他,好吗!
The whole family stares at her in surprise.
全家人都惊讶地看着她。

YINGZI  英子

He only saw me once. And he asked to marry me. That has to count for something? Besides, I remember him.
他只见过我一次,却向我求婚了。这难道不算什么吗?况且,我还记得他。

(a shy smile)  (羞涩地微笑)
He wasn’t bad.  他还不错。

21 EXT. MONTAGE - DAY
21 外景蒙太奇 - 白天

Through the gate of the LUO FAMILY’S HOUSE, Feng and his FRIENDS arrive riding motorbikes - to pick up his bride.
冯和他的朋友们骑着摩托车来到罗家大门,准备接新娘。
Sounds of firecrackers fill the air. Fudi and Jie serve tea and offer Feng’s buddies cigarettes, while in the corner, Luo stoically wipes his tears.
鞭炮声响彻空气中。福迪和杰端茶招待,给冯的朋友们递烟,而角落里的罗默默地擦拭着眼泪。
In a white wedding gown, Yingzi climbs on to Feng’s motorbike, waving goodbye to her family.
英子穿着洁白的婚纱,骑上凤的摩托车,向家人挥手道别。
And as the procession races down winding mountain roads, Yingzi screams excitedly with joy.
当车队沿着曲折的山路飞驰时,英子兴奋地欢呼起来。
At the CHANG FAMILY’S HOUSE - a banquet! The HEAD CHEF stirfries at a MAKE-SHIFT STOVE outside, while HELPERS rush around serving food and drinks to the MANY GUESTS.
在常家举办的一场宴会上,主厨在外面的临时灶台上炒菜,帮手们忙着为众多宾客端送食物和饮料。
Feng’s mother LI GUIRU (40s), brings dishes to the tables while casting a cold gaze on her husband, Chang - sitting at the head table, chatting with his guests.
冯的母亲李桂如(四十多岁)端着菜走向餐桌,冷冷地注视着坐在主桌上与客人交谈的丈夫常。
Feng leads Yingzi from table to table, offering toasts, while the bride is teased and playfully molested by the guests.
冯带着英子挨桌敬酒,客人们则开玩笑地逗弄新娘。

YINGZI (V.O.)  英子(旁白)

…my Dad cried that day, but I didn’t. All I could do was smile. My husband was handsome and everyone could tell how proud I was. I felt so glamorous; dignified. I thought, this must be what a fairy-tale is like.
…那天我爸爸哭了,但我没有,我只能微笑。我的丈夫很帅,大家都能看出我有多骄傲。我感到自己既迷人又端庄。我想,这大概就是童话故事里的感觉吧。
Then suddenly, Feng SLAPS YINGZI hard across the face.
突然,冯猛地扇了英子一巴掌。

All the guests look away, seeing nothing, drinking and chatting as though everything is normal.
所有客人都避开视线,假装什么也没看到,继续喝酒聊天,仿佛一切如常。

FENG  

When my Best Man asks you to pour him a drink; you pour him a drink!
当我的伴郎让你给他倒酒时,你就得给他倒!
Yingzi is in shock, she struggles for words…
英子震惊得说不出话来……

YINGZI  英子

He stinks of booze. He was pawing me!
他浑身酒气,还在摸我!

FENG  

So suck it up! It’s not going to kill you!
所以忍一忍!这不会害你的!
Seeing Yingzi’s tears welling up, Feng glances over at Chang’s look of approval as he flicks ash from his cigarette.
看到英子眼眶含泪,凤看了看张那赞许的目光,张正轻弹着香烟灰。

FENG  

(to Yingzi)  (对英子)
Get inside! Clean yourself up!
快进来!把自己收拾干净!
He turns away, offering another toast to his buddies.
他转过身,向朋友们又举杯敬酒。

22 INT. KITCHEN, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - DAY
22 室内场景。张家厨房 - 白天

With the big stove outside, the kitchen is quiet and deserted.
外面有个大炉子,厨房显得安静而空无一人。

Yingzi squats on the floor, crying softly. Then she looks up to notice someone sitting in the shadows; her mother-in-law, Guiru, smoking a cigarette, watching her coldly.
英子蹲在地上轻声哭泣,抬头时发现婆婆桂如坐在阴影里,抽着烟,冷冷地注视着她。

YINGZI  英子

Mom, Feng slapped me. In front of everybody.
妈妈,冯当着大家的面打了我一巴掌。
Guiru sighs, stubs out her cigarette and stands.
贵如叹了口气,掐灭香烟后站了起来。

GUIRU  贵儒

Keep on crying, or you’ll just get more of a beating.
别再哭了,否则你只会挨更多的打。
Guiru walks out, leaving Yingzi completely bewildered by her mother-in-law’s coldness & lack of empathy.
贵如走了出去,英子则对婆婆的冷漠和无情感到十分迷茫。

23 EXT. YARD, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - NIGHT
23 外景。张家院子 - 夜晚

The guests have gone home leaving only Chang and Feng still drinking with their close friends; BAOLIANG and his Dad, .
客人们都已经离开了,只剩常和凤与他们的好友宝良及其父亲继续喝酒。
Despite all four men being drunk - Guiru delivers another LIQUOR BOTTLE to the table.
尽管四个男人都喝醉了,贵儒还是又给桌子上送来了一瓶酒。

GUIRU  贵儒

You want me to make more food?
你想让我多做点吃的吗?
Without a word, Chang dismissively waves her away.
张一言不发,轻蔑地挥手让她离开。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

My Dad used to say; “Correct your kids in public. Correct your wife in bed.”
我爸爸常说:“孩子要当众纠正,妻子要在床上沟通。”
Giuru’s face remains impassive as she walks away.
吉鲁面无表情地转身离开。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

To Feng! Who’s got his work cut out taming his pretty new bride.
给冯!他得费一番功夫来驯服他那美丽的新娘。
Baoliang and his Dad raise their glasses to Feng.
宝良和他爸爸一起向凤敬酒。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

(to Feng)  (致冯)
Women don’t settle down until they have a kid. Otherwise you never know what’s in their heads!
女人们通常要有了孩子才会安定下来,否则你很难猜透她们的心思!

OLD WANG  老王

Uncle Chang’s right. Yingzi needs a job, Feng! Start a family. Give your Dad a grandson.
张叔叔说得没错,英子需要找份工作,凤!赶紧成家,给爸爸添个孙子。
Feng drains his glass and rises unsteadily.
冯一饮而尽,踉跄着站了起来。

FENG  

I should go. No sense in keeping her waiting.
我该走了,没必要让她久等。
As he stumbles into the house they offer him a final toast.
他跌跌撞撞地走进屋里,大家为他举杯作最后的祝酒。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

If you need any help, bro?
兄弟,你需要帮忙吗?

(a wicked grin)  (一个狡黠的笑容)
That’s what friends are for, right?
朋友不就是为了这个吗?

24 INT. BEDROOM, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE
24 室内。张家卧室

Behind a large sheet draped from the ceiling, Yingzi lies awake in her NARROW DOUBLE BED. Feng sweeps the sheet aside and slumps down drunkenly beside her.
在从天花板垂下的一大块布帘后,英子躺在狭窄的双人床上辗转难眠。风把布帘掀开,醉醺醺地跌坐在她身边。
She rouses herself, and as she helps him take off his shoes and clothes, Feng pulls her into an embrace…
她醒来后,帮他脱下鞋子和衣服,冯便将她紧紧拥入怀中……
As they tumble onto the bed, he gently touches her bruised face.
他们跌坐到床上时,他轻轻地抚摸着她青肿的脸。

FENG  

Does it hurt?  你疼吗?
(off Yingzi’s shrug)  (英子耸了耸肩)
I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.
对不起,我也不知道自己怎么了。

YINGZI  英子

You were drunk, Feng. Still are.
你喝醉了,冯,现在还是。

FENG  

(nods his agreement)  (点头表示赞同)
We were celebrating! Baoliang’s Dad agreed to loan us money for Dad’s crazy Gas Station scheme. He’s over the moon!
我们正在庆祝!宝良的爸爸同意借钱给我们,支持爸爸那个疯狂的加油站计划。他高兴得不得了!

FENG (Cont'd)  冯(接着说)

(a beat)  (一个节奏)
Let’s hope it’ll make him less of a bastard
希望这能让他不那么讨厌了

YINGZI  英子

Your Dad’s your Dad. He’s not going to change. If there’s any changing going to happen around here - it’s got to be me.
你爸爸就是你爸爸,他不会变。如果这里要有任何改变,那只能是我来做。
Feng gazes at her gratefully.
冯满怀感激地看着她。

FENG  

You’re so beautiful. I promise I’ll always love you.
你真美,我保证永远爱你。
He rolls on top of her, strong and persistent. Their brief encounter is over in seconds, then Feng rolls aside, entirely spent.
他强有力地翻身压在她身上,动作坚定而执着。他们短暂的交会仅持续了几秒钟,随后冯翻身躺开,彻底筋疲力尽。
EXT. NARROW RURAL ROAD - DAY
室外。狭窄的乡村公路 - 白天

MONTAGE as Yingzi steps off the BUS and gazes uphill, anticipating the steep climb ahead of her.
蒙太奇镜头中,英子下了公交车,望着前方陡峭的山坡,准备开始艰难的攀登。

26 EXT. HIGH MOUNTAIN PATHWAY - DAY
26 外景,高山小路 - 白天

An hour later, her parents cloud-shrouded house appears in the distance, around a bend in the road.
一小时后,她父母那座被云雾笼罩的房子出现在远处的路弯处。
The majesty of the landscape seems to emphasise Yingzi’s vulnerability as she trudges along the muddy pathway.
壮丽的景色衬托出英子在泥泞小路上艰难跋涉时的脆弱感。

YINGZI (V.O.)  英子(旁白)

Maybe it was my own fault? I’d dreamed of leaving these mountains, so I married two men; my sweet, gentle Feng…
也许这都是我的错?我曾梦想离开这片山脉,于是嫁给了两个男人;我那温柔可亲的凤……

27 EXT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - NIGHT
27 号 外景:罗家 - 夜晚

YINGZI  英子

…and a stranger who turned so mean when he drank with his Dad.
……还有一个陌生人,每当他和爸爸一起喝酒时就变得很凶。
Pushing through the broken gate, we don’t see Yingzi’s face as she heads into her parents’ yard.
我们推开破旧的门,英子走进她父母的院子,脸庞却未曾映入我们的视线。

YINGZI  英子

Being beaten became routine, until I couldn’t bear it anymore.
挨打成了家常便饭,直到我再也忍受不了了。
We REVEAL YINGZI’S FACE bruised and tear-stained, as she walks towards the house.
镜头展示出英子的脸,布满淤青和泪痕,她正走向房子。

28

INT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
室内。罗家 - 紧接着的场景

Luo smokes in silence. Fudi busies herself with her needlework and Jie leans against the doorframe.
罗静静地抽着烟,福迪专心做着针线活,杰则靠在门框上。

JIE  

It’s your own fault. Has to be. You must have done something to make brother Feng hit you.
这都是你的错,肯定是你做了什么事,才会让冯哥哥打你。

YINGZI  英子

Shut up!  别吵!

JIE  

Mom, look at her! I almost want to slap her myself.
妈妈,你看她!我差点儿都想亲手扇她一巴掌了。
Yingzi turns to her parents, desperate for understanding.
英子转向父母,急切地寻求他们的理解。

FUDI  福迪

You made the decision to get married, and now you regret it? Too bad. The money’s gone already.
你决定结婚了,现在却后悔?那可真遗憾,钱已经花出去了。

YINGZI  英子

So this loser can buy a wife?
这个失败者居然能买个老婆?

FUDI  福迪

Yingzi, we have to endure. Over time it will get better. Your Dad hit me when he was young.
英子,我们得坚持下去,时间久了会好起来的。你爸爸年轻的时候也打过我。
Yingzi turns in disbelief to her Dad.
英子难以置信地看向她的爸爸。

LUO  

Feng called. He apologised. Said he’d change. Yingzi, I know all about your temper. You can’t stand being wronged. And sometimes, men care about their pride. They need to be comforted, not judged. A marriage takes time to settle in.
冯打电话来了,他道了歉,说会改。英子,我了解你的脾气,你无法忍受委屈。有时候,男人在意自尊,需要的是安慰而非指责。婚姻是需要时间来磨合的。

29 EXT. LUO FAMILY HOUSE - DUSK
29 外景,罗家,黄昏时分

Fudi firmly holds Yingzi’s arm as she leads her towards an old shed, in which a shiny, RED MOTORBIKE is parked.
福迪紧紧抓着英子的手臂,领着她走向一间旧棚子,里面停着一辆闪闪发光的红色摩托车。
Jie sits smoking, waiting for her with his engine running
姐坐在车里抽烟,发动着引擎,等着她

FUDI  福迪

Off you go. The longer you drag this out the worse it will be…
走吧。你拖得越久,事情会变得越糟……
Yingzi climbs aboard and grabs at her bother’s jacket as Jie guns the engine and lurches forward.
英子爬上车,抓住哥哥的夹克,杰踩下油门,车子猛地向前冲去。
Luo watches their departure from the doorway. His face a mask of sorrow.
罗站在门口,看着他们离去,脸上满是悲伤。

YINGZI (V.O.)  英子(旁白)

…so Brother Jie drove me back on his new motorbike; courtesy of the Chang Family.
……于是杰哥骑着他的新摩托车送我回家,那是常家送的。

INT. CHANG FAMILY WAREHOUSE - DAY
室内。常家仓库 - 白天

YINGZI  英子

Please, Feng. Don’t leave me here!
请,冯,别把我一个人留在这里!
Yingzi kneels on the ground, tightly clutching Feng’s leg.
英子跪在地上,紧紧抱着凤的腿不放。

FENG  

You think you can humiliate me in front of my family?
你以为你能当着我家人的面羞辱我吗?

YINGZI  英子

No, it wasn’t that. I was… I didn’t know what to do. I’ll never run away again, I promise I won’t!
不,不是那样的。我……我当时不知道该怎么办。我保证以后再也不会逃跑了!

FENG  

Oh, I know you won’t! There’s nothing like a few days in the dark to bring you to heel.
哦,我知道你不会的!几天的黑暗生活足以让你低头服从。

YINGZI  英子

That’s your Dad speaking! When are you going to stop listening to him? Are you even a man?
那是你爸在说话呢!你什么时候才能不再听他的?你到底算不算个男人?
As Feng raises his hand, about to slap her, Yingzi defiantly raises her head, ready to face the blow.
当冯举手欲打她时,英子倔强地抬起头,准备迎接这一巴掌。
It’s this gesture that makes Feng stop. He crouches down, pulls her collar towards him, whispering in her ear.
就是这个动作让冯停住了。他蹲下身,拉近她的衣领,轻声在她耳边低语。

FENG  

Have you still no idea what kind of a man he is? How terrifying he can be?
你还不清楚他到底是怎样的人吗?他有多可怕?

YINGZI  英子

I’m your wife Feng.
我是你的妻子,冯。

FENG  

I know. And I’ll try to get you out. But please, don’t go against him again. Otherwise, this won’t end well…
我知道,我会尽力帮你脱身。但请你别再跟他作对了,否则事情不会有好结果……
Feng releases her and turns to leave. In the DARKNESS Yingzi hears the sound of the door locking behind him.
冯松开她,转身离开。黑暗中,英子听到身后门被锁上的声音。

INT. KITCHEN, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
室内。厨房,常家 - 紧接着发生

Feng enters the kitchen, to meet his Father’s gaze. He’s sitting at the table - pouring Feng a DRINK.
冯走进厨房,与父亲对视。父亲坐在桌边,正给冯倒饮料。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

For my boy! Who’s finally acting like a man.
给我的儿子!他终于开始像个真正的男人了。

INT. CHANG FAMILY STOREHOUSE - NIGHT
室内。常家仓库 - 夜间

Yingzi dozing against a pile of old tires, when the sound of a key is heard, turning in the lock.
英子靠在一堆旧轮胎上打盹,忽然听到钥匙转动锁芯的声音。
A figure silently steps inside, a silhouette bathed in moonlight. It’s Guiru carrying a bowl of food.
一个身影悄无声息地走进来,月光下显出轮廓。是桂茹,手里端着一碗饭菜。
Yingzi desperately grabs Guiru’s arm.
英子拼命地抓住了桂如的胳膊。

YINGZI  英子

Mom please, I’m begging you, let me out. It’s been over a week. Can’t you talk to him?
妈妈,求你了,让我出去吧,已经一周多了。你能不能和他谈谈?
Guiru pulls her arm away and thrusts the bowl in front of Yingzi.
贵如拉开手臂,把碗递到英子面前。

GUIRU  贵儒

I can’t believe you think talking to him will help…
我真不敢相信你觉得跟他说话会有用……
Taking the bowl, Yingzi hungrily gulps down the food…
英子拿着碗,饥饿地大口吃着食物……

GUIRU  贵儒

Accept this for what it is, or there might come a time when you’ll wish you were in here!
接受现实吧,否则总有一天你会希望自己就在这里!
Yingzi starts to cough and wretch, and almost immediately she throws up.
英子开始咳嗽并干呕,几乎马上就吐了出来。
And when she finally lifts her head she sees Guiru silently watching her. Knowing.
当她终于抬起头时,看到桂茹静静地注视着她,似乎心知肚明。

INT. CHANG FAMILY KITCHEN - DAY
室内,张家厨房 - 白天

Yingzi’s belly has begun to grow. Giuru places a bowl of greasy chicken soup in front her, but the soup’s smell provokes a rising wave of nausea.
英子的肚子开始隆起。Giuru 端来一碗油腻的鸡汤放在她面前,但汤的味道让她感到一阵恶心。

YINGZI  英子

Sorry, Mom. I can’t manage this right now.
对不起,妈妈,我现在处理不了这个。
Sitting opposite her, Chang looks up from his meal and speaks to her with icy calmness.
坐在她对面,张抬头放下筷子,冷静而冰冷地对她说。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

You’re carrying the child of the Chang family. Manage it.
你正怀着张家的孩子,好好照顾。
Feng and Guiru exchange glances, anxious that Yingzi might clash with Chang again.
凤和桂茹对视一眼,担心英子可能会再次和昌发生争执。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

(softly)  (轻声地)
It’s not for you. It’s for my grandson.
这不是给你的,是给我孙子的。
Yingzi gazes into the chicken soup, then at Chang’s steady gaze. Then with a reluctant shrug she lifts the bowl and…
颖子盯着碗里的鸡汤,又看了看常那坚定的目光。最终,她不情愿地耸了耸肩,端起了碗……
Defiantly turns it upside down on the table, before pushing back her chair and rushing to the bathroom, to vomit again.
她倔强地把杯子倒扣在桌子上,推开椅子,急忙跑向浴室,又一次呕吐。
Feng and Chang work together repairing a delivery truck.
冯和常一起修理一辆送货用的卡车。

While Yingzi, despite being heavily pregnant, rolls a heavy tyre towards Guiru - who waits beside a machine that fits new tires on to their wheels.
尽管英子怀孕已久,她仍推着一个沉重的轮胎走向桂如,桂如正站在一台给轮子装新轮胎的机器旁等待。
Together they strain to lift the tire on to the MACHINE just as a shiny new JEEP pulls up across the road.
他们齐心协力把轮胎抬到机器上,正好一辆崭新的吉普车开到了马路对面。
BAOLIANG’S FATHER calls out through his open window…
宝亮的父亲从敞开的窗户里大声喊道……

OLD WANG  老王

No more work! It’s quitting time. (waving a Moutai bottle)
不干了!下班时间到啦。(挥着一瓶茅台)

We brought a friend to meet you!
我们带了一个朋友来见你哦!

INT. CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - EVENING
常家住宅内 - 傍晚

Feng and his Dad drink with Baoliang and Old Wang. Chang Fushun is all smiles as he refills glasses while calling into the kitchen…
冯和他爸爸正和宝良、老王一起喝酒。常福顺笑容满面,一边给大家续杯,一边朝厨房喊话……

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Can we get a fresh bottle in here? Our VIP Guests are thirsty!
能给我们换一瓶新的吗?我们的贵宾们都渴了!
Moments later, Yingzi appears, hurrying to the table with the new BOTTLE - but in her haste she accidentally knocks over a liquor glass.
片刻后,英子匆匆拿着新瓶子走向桌子,但她一时慌乱,不小心碰倒了一个酒杯。
Embarrassed, Chang angrily slaps her hard, knocking her to the floor.
昌尴尬又愤怒地重重一巴掌打在她身上,把她打倒在地。
Feng quickly reacts, pulling Yingzi to her feet, pretending to shove her away to prevent his Dad from doing more harm.
凤迅速反应,拉着英子站起来,假装推开她,以阻止父亲继续伤害她。

EXT. CHANG HOUSE - DUSK
外景。常家 - 傍晚

Chang is busy working at the top of a ladder. He’s coating the top of the courtyard wall with wet cement, embedding broken glass to prevent anyone from climbing over.
张正忙着在梯子顶端工作,他在院墙顶部涂抹湿水泥,并嵌入碎玻璃,以防有人翻越。
Later that night Chang locks the front gates with a thick iron chain - as Yingzi silently watches him through the kitchen window - a grim smile of satisfaction on her face.
当晚,张用一条粗铁链锁上了前门大门——应子静静地透过厨房的窗户看着他,脸上带着一抹阴郁而满足的微笑。

YINGZI (V.O.)  英子(旁白)

I think me and my kid gave them something to worry about. And in the weeks before I delivered I was thinking a lot about what my Mom had said; that in time “I’d get used to it.” I would never get used to it.
我觉得我和孩子让他们多了些担心。在临产前的几周,我一直在回想妈妈的话,她说“时间久了你会习惯的。”但我知道,我永远不会习惯。

INT. BEDROOM, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - NIGHT
室内。张家卧室 - 夜晚

Heavily pregnant now, Yingzi rolls over in bed as Feng crawls in beside her. And soon he’s caressing her shoulder.
怀孕已久的英子在床上翻了个身,凤爬到她身边,轻轻地抚摸着她的肩膀。

YINGZI  英子

Weeks and weeks without a word and suddenly you want to be my husband again?
几周都没消息,突然你又想做我丈夫了?

FENG  

Shhhh!  嘘!别出声!
Hesitant, he silently ensures they’re not overheard. Then, pressing his ear to her belly, he listens to the sounds…
他犹豫地确认周围没人偷听,随后将耳朵贴在她的肚子上,静静地聆听着里面的声音……

YINGZI  英子

Ow! He’s kicking me. So strong.
哎呀!他在踢我,力气好大。

FENG  

Maybe he’ll be a soccer star?
也许他将来会成为足球明星?

YINGZI  英子

(ruefully)  (懊恼地)
Not if we don’t get out of here, he won’t
除非我们离开这里,否则他不会的

FENG  

What are you talking about?
你到底在说什么?

YINGZI  英子

I’m talking about leaving. About moving out. Living on our own.
我说的是离开,搬出去,自己独立生活。
Feng looks anxious. As if he can’t believe the heresy he’s just heard.
冯显得很焦虑,仿佛无法相信自己刚刚听到的荒谬话语。

FENG  

You’re not serious? Have you any idea what he’d do to us? Once, when I was a kid I stayed out late. When I got home he hung me from a hook on the door and whipped me 'till I bled.
你不是认真的吗?你知道他会对我们做些什么吗?小时候有一次我晚归,回家后他把我挂在门上的钩子上,鞭打我直到流血。

YINGZI  英子

Your Mom couldn’t stop him?
你妈妈都没能拦住他吗?

FENG  

She wasn’t around. She’d left him. Again.
她不在身边了。她又一次离开了他。

YINGZI  英子

Feng, please. Take me away. Take all three of away
冯,求你了,带我走,带我们三个一起走。

FENG  

How? To where?  怎么走?去哪里?

YINGZI  英子

Who cares? Far away. Anywhere where this child won’t grow up like you. Hanging on a door.
谁会在意呢?远远的地方。任何这个孩子不会像你一样长大的地方。挂在门上。

FENG  

I’ve lived here my whole life. I’ve never left this place.
我一辈子都住在这里,从来没离开过。

YINGZI  英子

You have skills, you can fix cars and I’m not afraid of hard work. Together we can have a good life.
你有一技之长,会修车,我也不怕辛苦。我们一起可以过上美好的生活。
Caught up in her enthusiasm for a moment, Feng allows himself to dream. Then…
一时被她的热情感染,冯不禁开始幻想起来。然后……

FENG  

I suppose it’s not impossible.
我想这并不是不可能的。

YINGZI  英子

'Course it’s not! Once the baby comes, we’ll just… leave.
当然不是!宝宝一出生,我们就会离开。

FENG  

Well…  嗯……

YINGZI  英子

Come on! Pinky swear!
来吧!我发誓!
Yingzi grabs Feng’s hand, pulling him into a pinky swear; their first genuinely tender moment since their wedding day.
英子抓住凤的手,拉着他做了一个拉钩誓言;这是他们结婚以来第一次真正温馨的时刻。
EXT. ROOF, CHANG HOUSE - DAY
外景。常家屋顶 - 白天

In the shade of a large PIGEON COOP Chang gazes skyward through his OLD BINOCULARS as four of his PIGEONS wheel and circle in the sky overhead. Until…
在一个大鸽舍的阴凉下,昌用他那副旧望远镜望向天空,四只鸽子在头顶盘旋飞翔。直到……
He’s distracted by the arrival of YINGZI carrying a heavy basket of laundry.
他被迎子提着一篮沉重的洗衣服的到来分散了注意力。
They exchange a silent glance as she begins hanging laundry on a line strung across the wide roof.
她开始在宽阔的屋顶上晾衣服时,他们默默地对视了一眼。
Chang contemplates her belly swaying in front of him.
张注视着她在他面前晃动的肚子。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Be careful how much laundry you carry. Don’t strain the little guy.
注意别带太多洗衣物,别让小家伙太吃力。
Yingzi can’t disguise her surprise. His first words to her in weeks.
英子难以掩饰自己的惊讶。这是他几周来对她说的第一句话。

YINGZI  英子

She’ll be fine. We’re both stronger than you think.
她会没事的。我们俩都比你想的要坚强得多。
Chang seems amused that she’s found the courage to speak. Then, as his pigeons land on the ROOF OF THE COOP; he notices their fluttering and cooing make Yingzi nervous.
张似乎很高兴她鼓起了勇气开口。随后,当他的鸽子飞落在鸽舍的屋顶上时,他注意到它们扑动翅膀和咕咕叫声让英子感到不安。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

They’re not going to bite.
它们不会咬人的。

(smiles)  (笑了)
I had a word with Director Wang at the county hospital. Have Feng take you over there. Get an ultrasound. Let’s see if this kid’s a boy or a girl.
我已经和县医院的王主任说过了。让冯带你去做个超声波,看看孩子是男孩还是女孩。

YINGZI  英子

Don’t waste your money. The baby’s coming out either way.
别浪费钱了,宝宝反正都会出生。
Chang reacts, clearly angered that Yingzi would question him.
张明显生气了,因为英子竟然质疑他。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Aren’t you afraid of me?
你难道不怕我吗?

YINGZI  英子

(a defiant smile)  (带着挑衅的微笑)
Should I be?  我应该这样做吗?

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Yes, by God! You damn well should be!
是的,天哪!你当然应该这样!
He strides toward her, unbuckling his belt ready to whip her.
他大步走向她,解开皮带,准备打她。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Just because there’s a Chang baby in your belly!
只是因为你肚子里有个 Chang 宝宝!

YINGZI  英子

No! You’ll hurt the baby!
不行!你会弄伤宝宝的!
She reflexively falls to her knees, cowering to protect her child - causing Chang to hesitate.
她本能地跪倒在地,蜷缩着护住孩子,这让张顿时犹豫了。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Don’t imagine I’ll forget this. We’ll settle our scores after this kid is born. Now, say it. Did you do something wrong?
别以为我会忘了这事。孩子出生后,我们再好好算账。说吧,你是不是做错了什么?

YINGZI  英子

(grits her teeth)  (咬紧牙关)
Yes. I was wrong.
是的,我错了。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

For what?  干嘛?

YINGZI  英子

For not being afraid of you.
因为我不怕你。

CHANG FUSHUN  常福顺

Fear breeds obedience. Obedience breeds gratitude. You’ll understand in time.
恐惧带来服从,服从带来感激,你终会明白其中的道理。
He turns his attention back to his birds as Yingzi struggles to her feet, fighting to calm her trembling hands as she hangs the remaining laundry.
他把注意力转回鸟儿身上,英子挣扎着站起身,努力让颤抖的双手平静下来,继续挂剩下的衣服。

40 EXT. SMALL TOWN MOVIE THEATRE - NIGHT
40 外景。小镇电影剧院 - 夜晚

The entrance to the CINEMA is packed with people leaving after the show. Some rush off into the rain, others leave under umbrellas.
电影院门口挤满了看完电影后离开的人群。有些人匆匆跑进雨中,另一些则撑着伞离开。
Feng and Yingzi walk out of the cinema together.
凤和英子一同走出电影院。

YINGZI  英子

What did you think? Did you like the movie?
你觉得怎么样?喜欢这部电影吗?

FENG  

It was pretty sappy, nothing special.
有点煽情,但没什么特别的。

YINGZI  英子

Really? I loved it! And those scenes in Shanghai; I’d love to go there one day!
真的吗?我很喜欢!还有那些上海的场景,我真希望有一天能去那里!

FENG  

(changing the subject)  (换个话题)
We should hurry. Otherwise we’re gonna get soaked.
我们得快点走,不然会被淋湿的。

YINGZI  英子

Maybe not…  也许不是这样…
Yingzi quickly opens her bag and pulls out a small umbrella.
英子迅速打开包,拿出一把小伞。

YINGZI  英子

I checked the weather before we left.
我们出发前我查看了天气情况。
As they huddle together hurrying across the parking lot.
他们紧挨着,匆忙穿过停车场。

YINGZI  英子

Feng, why don’t we move to Shanghai? There must be plenty of ways to make money there. What do you think?
凤,我们为什么不搬到上海去呢?那里肯定有很多赚钱的机会。你觉得怎么样?

FENG  

I think… you dream too much.
我觉得……你想得太多了。

YINGZI  英子

Feng, we have to live somewhere. This baby’s not going to wait! Did you get our IDs back from your Dad?
凤,我们得找个地方住。孩子马上就要出生了,不能再等了!你从你爸那儿拿回我们的身份证了吗?

FENG  

No. Not yet. What’s the hurry!
还没呢,急什么呀!
Suddenly Yingzi stops in her tracks. As something clicks in her head. A realisation…
突然,英子停住了脚步,脑海中灵光一闪,顿时明白了什么……

YINGZI  英子

You don’t want to go, do you?
你不想去,对吧?

(off his silence)  (从他的沉默中传来)
We made a pinky swear, remember?
我们做了个小指约定,还记得吗?

FENG  

You made that promise. Not me. I never wanted to leave. My folks have their hearts set on having a grandson. We can’t just whisk him away right after he’s born. It’ll kill them.
是你做了那个承诺,不是我。我从来不想离开。我的父母一直盼着有个孙子,我们不能在他刚出生后就把他带走,那会让他们伤心欲绝。

YINGZI  英子

Staying in that house will kill me! D’you want us to live in fear of your Dad the rest of our lives?
待在那房子里简直要了我的命!你难道想让我们一辈子都活在对你爸的恐惧中吗?

FENG  

I can handle him. Trust me.
我能应付他,相信我。

YINGZI  英子

I don’t trust you. When I told you it was going to rain and asked you to borrow his truck, you daren’t even open your mouth!
我不信任你。当我说会下雨,让你去借他的卡车时,你竟然连话都不敢说!

FENG  

Shut the fuck up!
别吵了!
He raises his arm threatening to slap her.
他扬起手臂,威胁要打她。

YINGZI  英子

(fiercely)  (猛烈地)
You don’t have the balls!
你没胆子!
Feng slaps her hard across the face. Knocking her to the ground.
冯狠狠地扇了她一巴掌,将她打倒在地上。

FENG  

I said shut the fuck up. I’m your husband, goddamn it!
我说闭嘴,别吵了!我是你丈夫,真他妈的!

YINGZI  英子

What the hell good is a husband who can’t protect me and my kid?
一个丈夫如果连我和孩子都保护不了,那还有什么用?
Feng goes crazy, whipping Yingzi with the umbrella.
冯失控了,拿伞狠狠地抽打英子。

FENG  

Don’t you ever speak to me like that!
你别敢那样跟我说话!

YINGZI  英子

Feng! Stop! You’ll hurt the baby!
冯!别动!你会弄伤宝宝的!
And somehow that shakes him back to his senses.
不知怎么的,这让他恢复了理智。

With a howl of rage he flings the umbrella away and abandons Yingzi, storming off across the rain-soaked carpark.
他怒吼一声,将伞猛地扔开,丢下英子,愤怒地冲过雨水淋湿的停车场离去。
Moments later his MOTORBIKE roars towards her, stopping inches short of hitting her.
片刻之后,他的摩托车呼啸着驶向她,停在离她仅几英寸的地方。

FENG  

Get up.  起床。
Yingzi refuses to move. So FENG dismounts, grabs a FISTFUL of hair and drags her, drenched & bruised, on to his bike.
英子不肯动弹,冯只好下车,一把抓住她的头发,把这个浑身湿透、满是淤青的她拖上了他的摩托车。

FENG  

You want to jump ship and kill the kid. Go for it! I could give a shit either way.
你想跳槽杀那个孩子就去吧!我一点也不在乎。

41 INT. DELIVERY ROOM, COUNTY HOSPITAL - DAY
41 号产房,县医院 - 白天

After the distant sounds of a baby crying, a NURSE comes out holding the tightly wrapped child.
远处传来婴儿的哭声后,一名护士抱着紧紧包裹着的孩子走了出来。

NURSE  护士

Yingzi’s family? Congratulations. You have a beautiful, healthy little girl; 7.2 pounds.
英子一家?恭喜你们,迎来了一个漂亮健康的小女孩,体重 7.2 磅。
Chang Fushun, Guiru & Feng sit immobile and expressionless. Nobody stands to look at the child.
常福顺、桂如和凤静静地坐着,面无表情,没有人起身去看那个孩子。
Only Guiru risks the merest ghost of a smile.
只有桂茹勉强露出一丝笑意。

42 INT. IN-PATIENT ROOM, COUNTY HOSPITAL - RAINY NIGHT
42 号,县医院病房内 - 雨夜

The room is quiet. A second bed is unoccupied. Yingzi leans on two large pillows half asleep, exhausted as she gazes at her newborn daughter.
房间里一片寂静。第二张床空着。英子靠在两个大枕头上,半睡半醒,疲惫地注视着她刚出生的女儿。
A SHADOW slips into the room, quietly drawing back the privacy curtain.
一个身影悄悄地走进房间,轻轻拉开了隐私帘。
As the shadow reaches for the child, Yingzi suddenly wakes up startled, grabbing the shadow’s hand.
当影子伸向孩子时,英子突然惊醒,紧紧抓住了影子的手。

YINGZI  英子

Who is it? What are you doing?
这是谁?你在做什么?
The shadow silently gestures for her to stay silent. Pulling back the hood of a rain-slicked raincoat; it’s Guiru.
影子默默地示意她保持安静。拉下那件被雨水打湿的雨衣的帽子,原来是桂茹。

GUIRU  贵儒

(whispers)  (轻声细语)
How are you two doing?
你们俩最近怎么样?

YINGZI  英子

I’ve never been so tired, but I can’t stop staring at her.
我从来没这么累过,但就是忍不住一直看着她。

GUIRU  贵儒

(a gentle smile)  (温柔的微笑)
Nothing prepares us for the sight of our first one. There should be a song to sing or a prayer to say, but no words can match the moment.
看到我们的第一个,没有什么能让我们做好准备。或许应该有一首歌来唱,或一段祈祷来念,但没有任何言语能表达那一刻的感受。
Guiru gently leans in to gaze at the tiny newborn.
贵如轻轻地凑近,凝视着这个小小的新生婴儿。

GUIRU  贵儒

You did well. I’m proud of both of you.
你们表现得很棒,我为你们俩感到自豪。

(then more urgently)  (然后语气更加急切地)
Yingzi, Feng and Chushun are at a nightclub with Baoliang and his Dad. God knows when they’ll get back. This is your chance. Maybe your only one. Get as far away as you can - and don’t come back.
英子、凤和楚顺正和宝良及他爸爸在夜总会。谁知道他们什么时候会回来。这是你的机会,也许是唯一的机会。尽量远离这里——别再回来了。

(off Yingzi’s confusion) Can you get up?
(看到英子困惑)你能站起来吗?
Guiru helps her sit upright and hands her a bundle which Yingzi opens to reveal some clothes.
贵如扶她坐直,递给她一包东西,英子打开一看,里面是几件衣服。
Yingzi stares back at Giuru in astonishment. She finally understands.
英子惊讶地看着吉鲁,终于明白了过来。

YINGZI  英子

You’re serious?  你是认真的吗?

GUIRU  贵儒

Here. I got your ID. I told them the hospital needs it. And here’s money, not much, but it’s all I could scrape together. Do you think you can walk?
给你,这是你的身份证。我已经告诉他们医院需要它。这里有些钱,不多,但这是我能凑到的全部。你觉得你能走路吗?

YINGZI  英子

I thought you were…
我还以为你是…

GUIRU  贵儒

One of them? I am. But in that house it doesn’t stop the beatings.
其中一个?是的,我是。但在那个家里,殴打依然没有停止。
Guiru helps Yingzi struggle into her clothes, but when she turns and reaches for her baby…
贵如帮英子艰难地穿好衣服,当她转身去抱宝宝时……

GUIRU  贵儒

No, Yingzi. You take her and they’ll catch you for sure.
不,英子。你带她走的话,他们肯定会抓住你的。

YINGZI  英子

I can’t leave her here. No.
我不能把她一个人留在这里,不行。

GUIRU  贵儒

You must! She’s so tiny she wouldn’t last a week. Besides she’s carrying Chang family blood. She’ll be safe. I’ll look after her.
你一定要!她那么小,撑不了一周。而且她身上流着张家的血,她会没事的。我会照顾她的。

YINGZI  英子

What will you tell them?
你打算怎么跟他们说?

GUIRU  贵儒

You ran off. You went to the bathroom. I had no idea.
你跑开了,去了洗手间,我完全不知道。

(smiles bitterly)  (苦涩地笑了笑)
Don’t worry. They need me to do their laundry and cooking. They won’t kill me.
别担心,他们需要我洗衣做饭,不会害我的。

YINGZI  英子

Why can’t we leave together? Take the baby and come with me.
我们为什么不能一起离开?带上宝宝,跟我走吧。

GUIRU  贵儒

(shakes her head, no) I ran away once, right after we married. He caught me and locked me up until Feng was born.
(摇头,表示否定)我曾经逃跑过一次,就在我们刚结婚的时候。他抓住我,把我关起来,直到凤出生。

GUIRU (Cont'd)  GUIRU(续)

The second time I took Feng with me, I was hiding when they heard Feng’s cries. That’s when he ruptured my spleen.
第二次带凤一起时,我正躲着,他们听到了凤的哭声。就在那时,他弄破了我的脾脏。
Yingzi silently accepts Guiru’s guidance. She picks up her daughter, kisses her forehead and hands the child to Guiru.
英子默默地接受了桂如的引导。她抱起女儿,亲了亲她的额头,然后把孩子交给了桂如。

GUIRU  贵儒

The day you came into our lives I knew you were different. You’re braver than I I II ever was. You’ll make it. I’m sure of it.
你走进我们生活的那一天,我就知道你与众不同。你比 I I II 更加勇敢。我相信你一定会成功。

43 INT. TRUCK STOP DINER - AFTERNOON
43 号场景,卡车停靠站餐厅内 - 下午

Ren stares across the table at Yingzi, bewildered by what he’s just been told.
任困惑地望着桌子对面的英子,不知道刚才听到的是什么意思。

REN  人名(音译)

You just gave birth?
你刚生孩子了吗?

YINGZI  英子

(a forced smile)  (勉强挤出的笑容)
Yesterday afternoon. Around four. She was so beautiful.
昨天下午,大约四点钟,她美得令人难忘。

REN  人名(音译)

And last night you left her?
昨晚你离开她了?

YINGZI  英子

It was the only time I wasn’t being watched. They never imagined a mother would desert her newborn child.
这是我唯一一次没有被人盯着看的时候。他们从未想到母亲会抛弃自己的新生儿。
Ren’s head is spinning. He hesitates, then…
任感到头晕目眩,他犹豫了一下,接着……

REN  人名(音译)

I’m not great with words but, it’s an honour to know you, Luo Yingzi.
我不太会说话,但能认识你,罗英子,真是我的荣幸。
Ren reaches across the table and shakes Yingzi’s hand.
任伸手穿过桌子,和英子握手。

REN  人名(音译)

So where do you go from here?
那么接下来你打算去哪里?

YINGZI  英子

As far away as possible.
尽量远离。

REN  人名(音译)

(pauses to think)  (停顿片刻,思考中)
My load is bound for Hangzhou. I can take you there?
我的货物要送到杭州,我可以顺路带你一起去吗?

YINGZI  英子

You’re not going to kick me out?
你不会把我赶走吧?

REN  人名(音译)

I’d be no better than a dog if I did that.
如果我那样做,我就跟狗没什么区别。
Ren gazes at her steadily, saying nothing.
任静静地注视着她,默默无言。

YINGZI  英子

You’re feeling sorry for me.
你是在同情我。

REN  人名(音译)

(shakes his head, no)  (摇头,表示否定)
Just admiring you!  只是单纯地欣赏你!

44 INT. LADIES BATHROOM, TRUCK STOP - CONTINUOUS
44 内景。卡车停车场女士洗手间 - 连续场景

Yingzi stands in the toilet stall, holding Ren’s phone in her hands. She hesitates for a long time before dialling…
英子站在厕所隔间里,手里握着任的手机,犹豫了很久才拨出电话……

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

Hello?  喂?
(silence)  (静默)
Who is this?  这是谁?
And in the background; Yingzi hears Chang’s voice call out…
在背景中,英子听到常的声音在呼唤……

CHANG FUSHUN (O.S.)  常福顺(旁白)

Who is that? Is it that bitch? Pass me the phone!
那是谁?是那个女人吗?把电话给我!

GUIRU  贵儒

Wrong number!  拨错了!
The call hangs up abruptly - and Yingzi collapses in tears.
电话突然挂断,英子顿时崩溃,泪流满面。

Then moments later; A TEXT MESSAGE pings - from Guiru:
片刻之后,手机响起一条短信——来自 Guiru:

TEXT MESSAGE  短信消息

“Did you give her a name? I need a name.”
你给她取名字了吗?我需要一个名字。
Yingzi blinks away her tears and starts typing rapidly.
英子眨了眨眼,擦干眼泪,开始飞快地打字。

TEXT MESSAGE  短信消息

“I want to call her Xiaoyu.”
我想称呼她为小雨。
And as she presses ‘SEND’ Yingzi drops her phone & buries her head in her hands, sobbing inconsolably.
英子按下“发送”后,放下手机,双手抱头,伤心地哭了起来。
Which means she doesn’t see Giuru’s final message appear on her screen:
也就是说,她没有看到 Giuru 发来的最后一条信息出现在屏幕上:

TEXT MESSAGE  短信消息

Please. Don’t call again.
拜托,别再打电话了。
45 INT/EXT. REN’S TRUCK CABIN - DUSK
45 内外景。任的卡车驾驶室 - 傍晚

Ren’s POV: seeing Yingzi walking slowly across the parking lot.
任的视角:看到英子缓缓地走过停车场。
Quick as a flash he’s out of his cab, offering to help her up into the passenger seat.
他迅速下了出租车,主动帮她坐到副驾驶座上。
She hands him back his phone with a nod of thanks, then waves him off, claiming she’s fine as she stubbornly climbs INTO THE TRUCK herself.
她点头致谢,把手机还给他,然后挥手示意他离开,声称自己没事,固执地自己爬上了卡车。
Noticing her red-rimmed eyes, Ren feels awkward, not sure what to say or do. As he starts the engine…
看到她红肿的眼睛,仁感到有些尴尬,不知道该说什么好。正当他发动引擎时……

REN  人名(音译)

You okay?  你没事吧?

YINGZI  英子

I’m fine.  我没事。

REN  人名(音译)

Because if you need more time?
如果你需要更多时间的话?

YINGZI  英子

I said I’m fine! Just drive. Please.
我说我没事了!开车吧,拜托。

REN  人名(音译)

Alrighty then! All aboard! The…
好了,大家准备好,上车出发吧!…

(checks his watch)  (看了看手表)
7-15am express freight to Hangzhou is ready for departure. All aboard! Passengers, hold on tight.
7 点 15 分开往杭州的快件已准备好出发。请所有乘客上车,抓紧扶好。
Yingzi throws him a slightly shamefaced smile.
英子有些害羞地朝他微微一笑。

46 EXT/INT. HIGHWAY AERIAL - DAWN
46 外景/内景。黎明时分的高速公路航拍画面

As Ren’s BIG RIG barrels along the highway, WE HEAR
任的大卡车沿着高速公路飞驰,我们听到声音

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

Hi there, night owls! This is Ren Xiangdong your ‘Lonesome Trucker’; cruising down another empty highway chasing the sunrise as I head towards the beautiful city of Hangzhou!
嗨,夜猫子们!我是任向东,你们的“孤独卡车司机”;正驾车行驶在一条空旷的高速公路上,追逐着日出,驶向美丽的杭州!
IN THE CAB: Yingzi yawns awake and peeks out from under a blanket, to watch REN SPEAKING to his dash-mounted CELLPHONE.
出租车内:英子打了个哈欠醒来,从毯子里探出头,看着任正对着仪表盘上的手机说话。

YINGZI  英子

What are doing?  你在干什么?

REN  人名(音译)

(pauses his 'phone)  (暂停使用他的手机)
Just passing the time.
只是消磨时间。

YINGZI  英子

You’re on social media? Are you an influencer?
你用社交媒体吗?你是网红吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah, kind of. With thirty-six followers ‘influencer’ might be too big of a word. I just do it for fun.
是的,差不多吧。只有三十六个粉丝,称我为“网红”未免太夸张了。我只是当作兴趣爱好来做。

YINGZI  英子

Thirty-seven now. I’ll be your fan.
我现在三十七岁了,会一直支持你。

REN  人名(音译)

You don’t even have a phone.
你连手机都没有。

YINGZI  英子

I’ll have one soon. One day I’ll have everything I need.
我很快就会拥有它。总有一天,我会拥有我所需要的一切。
She glances across the cab and catches him gazing at her.
她朝车厢对面看去,发现他正注视着自己。

YINGZI  英子

What?  什么?

REN  人名(音译)

(throws her a smile)  (对她微笑了一下)
That wouldn’t surprise me at all!
我一点也不觉得惊讶!
Yingzi stretches, sitting up to gaze out at another STUNNING SUNRISE.
英子伸了个懒腰,坐起身望向又一个壮丽的日出。

YINGZI  英子

I don’t get how you do it?
我不懂你是怎么做到的?

REN  人名(音译)

What?  什么?

YINGZI  英子

Drive all night. Stay awake. Don’t you ever get tired?
开车一整夜,保持清醒。你难道从不觉得累吗?
He shakes his hea d d dd and gives her a sly wink.
他摇了摇头 d d dd ,然后狡黠地向她眨了眨眼。

REN  人名(音译)

I have a secret weapon. I’ll probably make a fortune with it one day.
我有一个秘密武器,或许有一天它能帮我赚大钱。
Although Yingzi feigns disinterest, he did say ‘a fortune’.
虽然英子装作不在意,但他说的是“一个巨大的财富”。

YINGZI  英子

So. What is it?
那么,这到底是什么?

REN  人名(音译)

What is what?  什么是什么?

YINGZI  英子

This ‘secret weapon’ of yours.
你这“秘密武器”。

REN  人名(音译)

Why should I tell you? I barely know you.
我为什么要告诉你?我都不太了解你。

YINGZI  英子

But you trust me.
可是你信任我。

REN  人名(音译)

Oh, you think so do you?
哦,你是这么想的吗?

YINGZI  英子

By now I could’ve slit your throat and stolen your load.
现在我早就能割断你的喉咙,把你的货物偷走了。

REN  人名(音译)

You want 8,000 brassieres and 12,000 pairs of socks?
你需要 8000 个胸罩和 12000 双袜子吗?

YINGZI  英子

Not really. A spare pair of socks might be nice?
不太需要。带一双备用袜子可能会更好?

(her shoulders slump)  (她垂下了肩膀)
Come on, Ren, don’t be stingy. If I could stay awake longer I could make more money buy my daughter back?
来吧,Ren,别小气。如果我能多熬一会儿夜,我就能赚更多钱,把女儿接回来。
Ren reacts; a sucker for a sad face and puppy dog eyes.
任的反应;他对悲伤的表情和无辜的眼神毫无抵抗力。

REN  人名(音译)

Okay, what the hell! But only for your kid’s sake. And you can’t tell a soul, understood?
好吧,算了,就为了你孩子的缘故。但你一定不能告诉别人,明白吗?
Yingzi nods earnestly.  颖子认真地点了点头。

REN  人名(音译)

So everybody knows it’s the simple, big ideas that make money, right?
所有人都知道,赚钱的关键是那些简单而伟大的点子,对吧?

YINGZI  英子

(baffled)  (感到困惑)
Everybody, except me.  除了我,其他人都是。
Ren rolls his eyes, reaches under his seat to grab a BAG OF CHILI PEPPERS and pops one in his mouth…
任翻了个白眼,从座位下拿出一袋辣椒,直接塞了一颗进嘴里……

REN  人名(音译)

Totally organic!  纯天然!
Then as he chews his EYES BEGIN TO WIDEN LIKE SAUCERS.
当他咀嚼时,眼睛突然睁得大大的,像两个碟子一样。

REN  人名(音译)

Holy crap. Hot!!! Burns like a sonofabitch and lasts for hours! But see how wide awake I am? Am I a genius, or what!?
天哪,真辣!!!辣得像疯了一样,持续好几个小时!不过你看我多清醒,是不是天才啊!?
Yingzi stares at him, speechless. But then she can’t help laughing. And soon she has Ren laughing too as his truck pulls off the highway…
英子目瞪口呆地看着他,没说话。但很快她忍不住笑了起来。随着他的卡车驶出高速公路,仁也跟着笑了起来……
Where we find ourselves on the outskirts of a city; buildings start getting taller and in the far distance we SEE the looming downtown. Then suddenly…
我们来到城市的郊区,建筑逐渐变高,远处隐约可见高耸的市中心。然后,突然……

47 EXT/INT. CITY SUBURBS - DAY
47 外景/内景。城市郊区 - 白天

Ren pulls off to the side of the road and cuts his engine.
任把车停到路边,关掉了发动机。

REN  人名(音译)

Okay, we’re here.  好的,我们到了这里。

YINGZI  英子

Here? Where?  在这里?在哪里?

REN  人名(音译)

The end of the line.
终点站。

(a big smile)  (灿烂的笑容)
Welcome to Hangzhou, and the start of the rest of your life! My depot’s straight ahead. And you can get a bus downtown right over there. Excited?
欢迎来到杭州,开启你人生的新篇章!我的仓库就在前方。你可以在那边乘公交车直达市中心。激动吗?
Small & vulnerable, Yingzi nods unconvincingly as she unlocks her door.
身形娇小又脆弱的英子在开门时勉强地点了点头。

REN  人名(音译)

Wait! Hold it right there.
等等!别动,停在那儿。
Ren opens his door, jumps down and runs around to gently help Yingzi climb down.
任打开车门,跳下车,绕到另一边,轻轻地帮英子下车。
And as they stand together on the side of the road…
当他们一起站在路边时……

REN  人名(音译)

It was nice to see you laughing back there.
看到你刚才在那里笑,真让人开心。

YINGZI  英子

It felt nice too. It’s been a while.
感觉真好,好久没这样了。
Yingzi hesitates, unsure what to do next, yet reluctant to say goodbye. So Ren impulsively dips into his pocket and pulls out a cheap CELL PHONE.
英子犹豫不决,不知道下一步该做什么,又不舍得说再见。于是仁一时冲动,从口袋里掏出一部廉价的手机。

REN  人名(音译)

Here. It’s my spare. You can contact your family? Or your daughter, maybe?
这是备用钥匙。你能联系你的家人吗?或者你的女儿?

YINGZI  英子

When she learns to speak, you mean?
你的意思是等她学会说话吗?
Ren turns on the phone, shows her some basic functions, then presses it into her hands.
任打开手机,向她演示了一些基本功能后,将手机递给了她。

REN  人名(音译)

Don’t forget to like my posts and check in at night. I hear my superpower is putting people to sleep’.
别忘了给我的帖子点赞,晚上也来签到哦。我听说我的超能力是让人睡着。
Then after another awkward silence, Ren offers his hand.
又过了一阵尴尬的沉默,Ren 主动伸出了手。

REN  人名(音译)

So, good luck, Yingzi. Take care of yourself.
英子,祝你好运,照顾好自己。
48 INT. ROADSIDE - CONTINUOUS
48 室内。路边 - 连续镜头

Ren HONKS HIS HORN as he pulls away, watching Yingzi wave to him in his REAR VIEW MIRROR.
任按响喇叭,开车离开时,看着英子在后视镜中向他挥手。
49 EXT/INT. REN’S TRUCK, PARCEL DEPOT - NIGHT
49 外景/内景。任的卡车,包裹配送中心 - 夜晚

DEPOT WORKERS shout, joke and curse as CARGO from Ren’s Truck is off-loaded to a CONVEYOR BELT and whisked away.
仓库工人们一边喊叫、一边开玩笑和咒骂,任的卡车上的货物被卸下来,放到传送带上迅速运走。
INSIDE HIS CAB Ren tries to snatch some sleep in his tiny BUNK though the noise outside makes it impossible.
Ren 在他的出租车里,想在狭小的床铺上小憩一会儿,但外面的噪音让他无法入睡。
Desperate, he shoves two CHILI PEPPERS in his ears, just as his PHONE rings.
他绝望地把两根辣椒塞进耳朵,正巧电话响了。
It’s Yingzi on a VIDEO CAL工. She waves, flashes him a brave smile.
这是 Yingzi 在视频通话中。她挥手,勇敢地对他微笑。

YINGZI  英子

(onscreen)  (画面上显示)
Hi, Ren! What are you doing?
嗨,Ren!你现在在忙什么呢?

FENG  

I was trying to sleep.
我正想睡觉。

YINGZI  英子

(onscreen)  (画面上显示)
Oh, I’m sorry. Should I go?
哦,抱歉,我该走了吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Nah, it’s fine, I was trying to sleep. I didn’t say I was succeeding.
不,没关系,我只是想睡觉而已,可没说我睡得着。
The atmosphere between them seems different now; somehow more awkward with each other.
他们之间的氛围似乎变了,彼此相处变得更加尴尬。

50 INT. PASTRY SHOP, METRO BUS STATION - CONTINUOUS
50 室内。糕点店,地铁公交车站 - 紧接着发生

Yingzi sits alone inside the shop, watching PASSENGERS hurrying by.
英子独自坐在店里,望着匆忙经过的行人。

REN  人名(音译)

(onscreen)  (画面上显示)
So how’s it going?
近况怎么样?

YINGZI  英子

Good. Great actually! I already found a place; a six-person room near the Bus Station. It’ll do 'till I find a job.
很好,实际上非常棒!我已经找到一个住处了;一个靠近汽车站的六人间。暂时住那里,直到我找到工作。

(silence, then)  (沉默片刻,然后)
And you?  你怎么样?

REN  人名(音译)

Me?  是我吗?

YINGZI  英子

How’s your day been so far?
你今天过得怎么样?

REN  人名(音译)

Um, well. Kinda quiet actually.
嗯,嗯……其实挺安静的。
Someone YELLS (OS) as Ren’s TRUCK’S REAR DOORS slam shut. Just as Ren NOTICES…
当 Ren 的卡车后门砰地关上时,远处有人大声喊叫。就在 Ren 注意到这一刻……

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, have you been crying?
英子,你刚才在哭吗?

YINGZI  英子

Maybe. Just a little. (quickly swipes her eyes) You know. Except for my Dad you’re the first guy who’s been nice to me in, probably - ever!
也许吧,就一点点。(快速擦了擦眼睛)你知道吗,除了我爸爸,你大概是我遇到的第一个对我这么好的男生!

REN  人名(音译)

Come on! That can’t be true.
得了吧!那不可能是真的。

YINGZI  英子

It is! Ren, can I come with you? I could do your laundry and clean your cab so it won’t smell like old sneakers.
是啊!Ren,我能跟你一起去吗?我可以帮你洗衣服,打扫你的出租车,这样它就不会有旧运动鞋的味道了。
Ren frowns and sniffs his cab.
任皱着眉,闻了闻他的出租车里的味道。

YINGZI  英子

Only, sometimes I’ve seen trucks with two people in them.
不过,有时候我见过卡车里坐着两个人。

REN  人名(音译)

Well yeah, but usually that’d be a couple.
好吧,是的,但通常那会是几个人。

YINGZI  英子

Or maybe they were just friends? Wouldn’t it be great to have an assistant?
也许他们只是朋友?要是有个助手帮忙,那该多好啊!

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, I’m just the first guy you met after you ran away. I gave you a ride, bought you breakfast. But that’s all I can do for you.
英子,我只是你逃跑后遇到的第一个人,载了你一程,买了早餐给你。但除此之外,我帮不了你什么。
Yingzi takes a deep breath, swallowing her disappointment.
英子深吸一口气,强忍着失望。

REN  人名(音译)

I get how hard this must be. But I can’t bring you along. It wouldn’t be fair to you - or my girlfriend. I’m sorry.
我知道这对你来说一定很难,但我不能带你一起去。这对你和我的女朋友都不公平,真的很抱歉。

YINGZI  英子

So…  那么…
(heaves a sigh)  (长叹一声)
…this is a real goodbye?
……这真的是告别吗?

REN  人名(音译)

It was fun having you tag along, but it’d be wrong to complicate things. I’m sorry, Yingzi.
能有你陪伴真开心,但我不想让事情变得复杂。抱歉,英子。
And as Ren hangs up… WE DISSOLVE TO
当 Ren 挂断电话后……画面渐变至

MUSIC MONTAGE OF YINGZI’S NEW LIFE…
音乐蒙太奇,展现英子的新生活……
  1. WAITRESSING in a cavernous RESTAURANT where she secretly eats the leftovers.
    在一个宽敞的餐厅里做女服务员,偷偷吃剩下的食物。
  2. As a CHAMBER MAID in a CHEAP HOTEL; where she slips used SOAPS & SHAMPOO BOTTLES into her apron pockets and brushes her teeth with a complimentary toothbrush.
    她在一家廉价酒店做客房服务员,偷偷把用过的肥皂和洗发水瓶放进围裙口袋,用酒店免费提供的牙刷刷牙。
  3. Working nights CLEANING an up-scale BOOKSTORE where she pulls a book from the shelf and hunkers down to read; ‘TRUCK DRIVING FOR DUMMIES’
    夜晚在一家高档书店打扫时,她从书架上拿下一本书,蹲下来认真阅读;《卡车驾驶入门》
  4. Selling CIGARETTES & BEER at a HOLE-IN-THE-WALL SHOP where she sleeps on a TINY MATTRESS under the counter while scrolling through REN’S WeCHAT POSTS from all across China.
    她在一家不起眼的小店卖香烟和啤酒,睡在柜台下的一张小床垫上,一边翻看任发自全国各地的微信动态。
IN HIS VIDEOS Ren is driving through deserts, along windswept coastlines and over mountain passes, his truck slicing through vast, open landscapes. Until…
在他的视频里,Ren 驾车穿越沙漠,沿着风吹拂的海岸线和山口行驶,他的卡车驰骋在辽阔的开阔地带。直到……

TITLE: 5 YEARS LATER
标题:五年之后

EXT. HANGZHOU'S WEST LAKE - EVENING
傍晚时分,杭州西湖外景

It’s a hot summer night. Yingzi sits in a CHILDREN’S PARK; TRANSFERRING MONEY to Guiru’s phone.
炎热的夏夜,英子坐在儿童公园里,给贵儒的手机转账。
Then she scrolls to REN’S WeChat Page to check out his latest VLOG.
然后她滑到 REN 的微信主页,看看他最新发布的 VLOG。

REN  人名(音译)

(on her camera)  (通过她的相机)
Hi, all you night owls! Ren Dong here; your own LONESOME TRUCKER doing my best to stay awake.
嗨,夜猫子们!我是任东,你们那个孤独的卡车司机,正努力保持清醒。

REN (Cont'd)  REN(接着说)

So until the sun comes up maybe you guys can help me out by listening to whatever blather comes out of my mouth, 'cause when you’re sleepy this line of work can be real dangerous and us truckers just hate being organ donors in the dead of night! So stay tuned and help me make it in one piece over to the awesome city of Hangzhou!
所以在太阳升起之前,也许你们可以帮帮我,听听我胡乱说的话。因为当你困倦时,这份工作非常危险,我们卡车司机最怕的就是深夜变成器官捐献者!所以请继续关注,帮我平安抵达美丽的杭州!
Yingzi reacts like she’s been hit by LIGHTNING!
英子的反应就像被闪电击中了一样!

INT. PARCEL DEPOT - MORNING
包裹仓库内 - 早晨

WORKERS yell and curse as they haul cargo out of Ren’s truck on to a CONVEYOR. But this morning, amongst all the chaos we find Ren smiling - as he stares in admiration at Yingzi.
工人们一边喊叫一边咒骂,把货物从任的卡车上搬到传送带上。但今早,在这片混乱中,我们看到任微笑着,满怀钦佩地注视着英子。

REN  人名(音译)

I never dreamed I’d see you again. How did you know? This is a miracle.
我从没想到还能再见到你。你是怎么知道的?这简直是个奇迹。
Ren has aged. Years of travelling China’s highways have taken their toll; although his smile is still his superpower.
任已经变老了。多年来在中国高速公路上的奔波让他饱经风霜,但他的微笑依然是他最强大的武器。

YINGZI  英子

Not really. I was your thirtyseventh fan, remember? Still am.
不是的。我可是你的第三十七号粉丝,记得吗?现在依然是。

EXT. ROADSIDE IN FRONT OF PARCEL DEPOT - CONTINUOUS
包裹仓库前的路边 - 连续镜头

Ren and Yingzi sit together on the curb, each holds half a watermelon, scooping out the flesh with plastic spoons.
任和英子坐在路边的路缘上,各自拿着半个西瓜,用塑料勺挖着里面的果肉。

REN  人名(音译)

Tastes good. How did you keep it so cold?
味道不错。你是怎么让它保持这么冰凉的?

YINGZI  英子

I carried it in a Thermal bag.
我用保温袋装着它。

(silence, then)  (沉默片刻,然后)
You must have come to Hangzhou dozens of times over the years. How come you never called?
这些年你应该来过杭州很多次,怎么从来没给我打过电话?

(he stays silent)  (他保持安静)
Worried your girlfriend might find out? Or are you guys married by now?
担心你的女朋友会发现吗?还是你们现在已经结婚了?

REN  人名(音译)

That didn’t work out. I was on the road. She was on her own. So when I finally did get home, there was nobody to go home to.
事情没能如愿。我在外面奔波,她独自一人。等我终于回到家时,却没有人等着我。
Ren’s expression is hard for Yingzi to read.
任的表情让英子看不透。

REN  人名(音译)

It wasn’t that. It was just… I can’t tell you how bad I felt about the day we said goodbye.
不是那样的。只是……我真的无法形容我们告别那天我有多难过。

YINGZI  英子

It was you who said goodbye, Ren.
是你说的再见,Ren。
Ren silently nods his agreement.
任默默地点头,表示赞同。

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, I’ve never been much of a believer in second chances…
英子,我一直不太相信所谓的第二次机会……

YINGZI  英子

But I I II am.  但是我是 I I II
(meeting his gaze)  (与他对视)
And you’re still the only guy who was ever kind to me.
你依然是唯一一个对我好的人。
She throws him a shy smile, then begins cleaning up his cab; gathering leftover melon rinds into a plastic bag.
她害羞地对他微笑,然后开始收拾他的出租车,把剩下的瓜皮装进塑料袋里。

REN  人名(音译)

What are you doing?
你在干什么?

YINGZI  英子

Starting my new job. If you’ll have me?
开始我的新工作,不知道你们愿不愿意接纳我?

54 MONTAGE: YINGZI'S NEW LIFE
54 蒙太奇:英子的新生活

INSIDE THE CAB Yingzi beams from ear to ear as she rides beside Ren.
车厢内,英子笑得合不拢嘴,坐在任的旁边。
She checks her phone’s navigation, giving Ren directions.
她查看手机导航,给 Ren 指引方向。

BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD Yingzi helps Ren change a tire.
在路边,英子帮仁换轮胎。

At a PARCEL DEPOT Yingzi stands behind the truck, guiding Ren as he smoothly reverses into the loading bay.
在一个包裹中转站,英子站在卡车后面,指挥仁平稳地倒车进入装货区。
INSIDE THE CAB Ren cooks for Yingzi. Though the conditions are simple, he prepares a simple meal with great care.
车厢内,Ren 为 Yingzi 做饭。虽然条件简陋,但他依然用心烹饪了一顿简单的饭菜。
As the truck barrels down China’s highways Yingzi watches Ren like a hawk. The way he holds the steering wheel. When and why he checks his mirrors. And exactly how he changes gears.
当卡车在中国的高速公路上飞驰时,英子像鹰一样紧盯着仁,观察他握方向盘的姿势,何时以及为什么查看后视镜,还有他换挡的每一个细节。
And when he SPOTS her thumbs tapping on her phone.
当他看到她的拇指在手机屏幕上轻轻敲击。

REN  人名(音译)

Texting home?  给家里发短信吗?

YINGZI  英子

Writing a journal. So I won’t forget a single second.
记录日记,这样我就不会忘记任何一刻。
Ren pulls off the highway into a crowded SERVICE STATION PARKING LOT.
任驶出高速公路,驶入一个拥挤的服务站停车场。

REN  人名(音译)

Bathroom break. Now that there are ladies on board peeing in a bottle is a thing of the past.
洗手间休息。现在车上有女士了,尿在瓶子里的情况已经不复存在。

YINGZI  英子

You’d do that for me? You’re such a gentleman!
你会为我做那事?你真是个绅士!

56 INT. HIGHWAY SERVICE STATION - DAY
56 高速公路服务区 - 白天

The place is busy, teeming with TRAVELLERS as they enter. They split up, with Ren heading for the CAFETERIA.
这个地方很热闹,挤满了旅客。大家一进来就分散开,Ren 则朝自助餐厅走去。

REN  人名(音译)

I’ll grab breakfast and take it back to the truck.
我去买早餐,带回卡车里。
While Yingzi carries her bundle of LAUNDRY into…
当英子提着一捆洗好的衣服走进……

57 INT. LADIES WASHROOM - CONTINUOUS
57 女士洗手间 - 连续场景

Where she dumps their laundry into a SMALL SINK. She begins washing & rinsing Tee Shirts, Socks and Underwear.
她把他们的衣服倒进一个小水槽,开始洗涤和冲洗 T 恤、袜子和内衣。

EXT. REN'S TRUCK, PARKING LOT - CONTINUOUS
外景。任的卡车,停车场 - 紧接着的场景

But when she returns to her truck carrying her DAMP LAUNDRY, Ren is nowhere to be seen.
但是当她提着还带着湿气的洗衣服回到卡车时,Ren 已经不见踪影了。
So Yingzi climbs up and slides BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL. And after a moment of hesitation she grabs the IGNITION KEYS from behind the VISOR.
英子爬上车,坐到方向盘后面。犹豫片刻后,她从遮阳板后拿起点火钥匙。
INTERCUT Yingzi’s POV as she scrolls down her ‘JOURNAL NOTES’
交叉剪辑,展示英子视角,她正在向下浏览她的“日记笔记”

Keys to start engine. Her brow furrows anxiously as the ENGINE RUMBLES TO LIFE. Yingzi squeals with delight.
她拿着启动钥匙,眉头紧锁,发动机轰然启动。英子兴奋地尖叫起来。
Feet on pedals. She perches on the edge of the seat for HER FEET to reach the PEDALS.
脚踩在踏板上。她坐在座位边缘,调整姿势让脚能踩到踏板。
She presses way too hard on the GAS, making the engine ROAR.
她用力踩油门,发动机轰鸣起来。

Gears: ‘D’ for Drive. (Stay away from ‘R’). As she gingerly slides the GEARSTICK to ‘D’ Ren’s 18-wheel MONSTER OF A TRUCK lurches forward - and stalls.
挡位:“D”档,表示前进。(别碰“R”档)。当她小心地把换挡杆推到“D”档时,Ren 那辆 18 轮巨型卡车猛地向前冲了一下——结果熄火了。
But Yingzi soon gets the hang of it. Easing her foot off the BRAKE and slowly MOVING FORWARD… CONCENTRATING HARD.
但英子很快就学会了。轻轻松开刹车,慢慢向前行驶……全神贯注地集中注意力。

EXT. SERVICE STATION CAFE - CONTINUOUS
外景。服务站咖啡馆 - 持续进行中

Ren leaves the CAFE, carrying two bags of FAST FOOD.
任走出咖啡馆,手里提着两袋快餐。

But when he returns to where he parked, he BLINKS IN SHOCK - HIS TRUCK HAS VANISHED.
但当他回到停车的地方时,震惊地发现他的卡车不见了。

REN  人名(音译)

Oh, shit!  哎呀!
(to a passer-by)  (对路人)
'Scuse me! My truck’s gone. It’s vanished! Hey, don’t just walk away. Did you see anyone? I’ve been robbed!
对不起!我的卡车不见了,消失了!嘿,别走开。你看到有人吗?我被抢了!
In a panic REN runs around the parking lot yelling at truckers, motorists, anyone who will listen.
REN 惊慌失措地在停车场跑来跑去,对卡车司机、汽车司机以及任何愿意听的人大声呼喊。
Until HE SPOTS HIS TRUCK far away, across the parking lot.
直到他在远处的停车场看到自己的卡车。

REN  人名(音译)

Sonofa…!  该死…!
He sprints off, only to arrive and find his truck all DECKED OUT IN CLEAN LAUNDRY.
他飞奔过去,结果一到那里发现他的卡车上堆满了叠好的干净衣服。

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

What took you so long?
你怎么花了这么久?
She is hanging socks on wire hangers over the HOT ENGINE, while Ren’s eyes dart around wildly, checking for dents and scratches all around the truck.
她正把袜子挂在热腾腾的发动机上的铁丝衣架上,Ren 的眼睛则不停地扫视着卡车,仔细检查着周围有没有凹痕和划痕。

REN  人名(音译)

Quick question. How did my truck get down here?
请问,我的卡车怎么会到这里来的?

YINGZI  英子

(proudly)  (骄傲地)
I moved it. I needed more sun to dry our stuff.
我把它挪开了,因为我需要更多阳光来晒干我们的东西。

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, you could have crashed or had a fatal accident. You’re lucky I didn’t call the police!
英子,你差点出车祸,甚至可能酿成大祸。你得庆幸我没报警!

YINGZI  英子

But you didn’t, right? And now you’re skivvies are almost dry. Is that breakfast? I’m starving.
但是你没做,对吧?现在你的内裤差不多干了。那是早餐吗?我快饿死了。
Smiling sweetly, she grabs one of the bags and pops a CHICKEN NUGGET in her mouth.
她甜甜地微笑着,拿起一个袋子,塞进嘴里一个鸡块。

EXT. PARKING LOT - LATER
外景。停车场 - 过一会儿

Breakfast is done. Yingzi gathers up dry laundry as Ren cleans up paper cups & fast-food wrappers.
早餐已经吃完。英子收拾干衣服,仁则清理纸杯和快餐包装袋。
Then Yingzi’s phone chirrups. Glancing at the screen she looks instantly concerned.
英子的手机响了,她看了一眼屏幕,立刻露出担忧的神色。

YINGZI  英子

I should hit the bathroom before we leave. Can I dump that garbage?
我们走之前我得先去趟洗手间。我能把那个垃圾扔了吗?

INT. SERVICE STATION - DAY
服务站内 - 白天

Yingzi hunkers down in a quiet corner and hits her SPEED DIAL.
英子蹲在一个安静的角落,按下了她的快速拨号键。

EXT. GARAGE, CHANG HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
外景。张家车库 - 连续镜头

Guiru’s phone vibrates as she’s hosing down a TAXI. Chang is nearby chatting with a TAXI DRIVER as she quietly steps away.
贵如的手机震动时,她正用水管冲洗一辆出租车。常在旁边和一位出租车司机聊天,而她则悄悄地离开了。
INTERCUT the phone call…
电话通话交叉剪辑……

GUIRU  贵儒

(on her phone)  (她正在用手机)
Before you panic, Xiaoyu’s fine! She’s playing in the garden.
别着急,小雨没事!她正在花园里玩呢。

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

I got a scary ‘Call me’ text. How am I not supposed to panic?
我收到了一条让人害怕的“给我打电话”的短信,我怎么可能不慌呢?

GUIRU  贵儒

(lowers her voice)  (压低声音)
I’m sorry, Yingzi, But things have turned kinda sour around here. Maybe the older she gets the more she reminds them of you, so I sounded them out a bit. I’m pretty sure they’ll let you take her back but… you’ll have to pay them.
对不起,英子,这边的情况有些变糟了。可能她越长大越像你,所以我试探了一下他们。我觉得他们应该会同意让你带她回去,不过……你得付点钱给他们。

YINGZI  英子

How much?  多少钱?

GUIRU  贵儒

I didn’t get that far. 20? Maybe 30,000? Xiaoyu’s starting school soon. They don’t want to put any more money into her. If you come up with a lump sum I think you’d have a chance.
我没走那么远。是 20 万?还是 30 万?小雨快开学了,他们不想再给她投入更多的钱。如果你能一次性拿出一笔钱,我觉得你还有机会。
Suddenly Chang’s VOICE irritably calls across the yard.
突然,张的声音带着不耐烦从院子里喊了过来。

CHANG (O.S.)  张(画外声音)

Did you forget we got a customer here? You think he’s got all day?
你忘了这里有顾客吗?你以为他有的是时间吗?

GUIRU  贵儒

Gotta go. The dogs are barking!
得走了,狗在吠呢!
She hangs up. Turns to see Chang eyeing her suspiciously.
她挂断电话,转身看到张用怀疑的目光盯着她。
EXT/INT. REN’S TRUCK, OPEN HIGHWAY - SUNSET
外景/内景。任的卡车,开阔的高速公路上 - 日落时分

Ren’s Truck rolls down the highway, eating up the miles as Yingzi sits in silence, lost in thought.
任的卡车沿着高速公路行驶,飞快地前进着,英子静静地坐着,陷入了沉思。

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

D’you wanna share?  你想一起分享吗?

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

Share what?  分享什么内容?

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

Whatever’s in your head. You’ve barely said a word in 200 miles.
你在想什么?这 200 英里里你几乎一句话都没说。

YINGZI  英子

I want to get a driver’s license. I want to drive a truck.
我想考取驾驶执照,开卡车。

REN  人名(音译)

I knew it! I knew a storm was brewing.
我早就知道了!一场风暴正在酝酿。

YINGZI  英子

What storm? I need money, Ren. Lots of it.
什么风暴?我需要钱,Ren,很多钱。

REN  人名(音译)

So get a licence and drive a Didi.
所以去考个驾照,开滴滴车吧。

YINGZI  英子

No! Truckers earn more.
不!卡车司机的收入更高。

REN  人名(音译)

Do you know why there are so few women truck drivers? Because they get distracted. Their heads are full of girly stuff. Make-up, manicures…
你知道为什么女性卡车司机这么少吗?因为她们容易分心,脑子里总想着女生的事情,比如化妆和美甲……

YINGZI  英子

…movie stars?  …电影明星吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Probably that too! Trucking’s a guy thing. The focus you’d need!
可能确实如此!开卡车通常是男人的事情,需要极高的专注力!

YINGZI  英子

On account of all my girlie distractions.
因为我所有那些女性化的分心事。

REN  人名(音译)

(nods his agreement)  (点头表示赞同)
It would never work.
这绝对不可能成功。
Yingzi’s shoulders slump. She sighs, throwing the switch on those SAD PUPPY EYES.
英子垂下肩膀,叹了口气,露出那副楚楚可怜的“悲伤小狗眼”。

YINGZI  英子

Okay, forget it. I just thought; What with women flying planes and even spaceships… I could handle a truck. Especially if I I II had a really awesome teacher…
好吧,算了。我只是想,既然女性都能驾驶飞机甚至宇宙飞船……我开卡车应该没问题。特别是如果 I I II 有个很棒的老师的话……
Ren ignores her. But moments later, after losing a contest with his conscience…
任无视了她。但不久之后,他在与良心的斗争中败下阵来……

REN  人名(音译)

My Dad once told me; “There are two ways of arguing with a woman. And neither of them works.”
我爸爸曾经告诉我:“和女人争论有两种方法,但无论哪种都没用。”

EXT. WASTELAND - DAY
外景。荒原 - 白天

ECU: TWO SUPER-THICK, PLATFORM-SOLED SNEAKERS slip & slide their way across a muddy wasteland.
ECU:一双超厚底、带平台鞋底的运动鞋在泥泞的荒地上滑来滑去。
Ren checks the time, shivering beside his truck until he SPOTS her approaching.
任在卡车旁发抖着看时间,直到他看到她走了过来。

REN  人名(音译)

(calls out)  (大声喊)
Nice of you to show up before winter got here and totally froze my ass off!
真好,你能在冬天来临前赶到,不然我可真要冻坏了!

YINGZI  英子

I was shoe-shopping. How was I to know we’d be in the middle of nowhere?
我当时正在买鞋,怎么会想到我们会身处偏远的地方呢?

REN  人名(音译)

The further we are from all living things except bugs, the safer we’ll both be. Get in.
我们离除了虫子以外的所有生物越远,彼此就越安全。快上车。

65 INT. REN'S CABIN - LATER THAT DAY
65 内景,任的木屋——当天稍晚些时候

Yingzi turns the IGNITION KEY and gently slides the truck into gear, then she hits the GAS with her MUDDY SNEAKER.
英子转动点火钥匙,轻轻地挂上档位,随后用沾满泥土的运动鞋踩下油门。

REN  人名(音译)

Whoa, go easy! My Nainai told me I’d live a long and happy life. Let’s not make a liar out of her.
哇,别急!我奶奶说我会长命又幸福,别让她失望了。

YINGZI  英子

I did fine the other day. Stop making me nervous!
我前几天开得挺好的,别让我紧张!
Yingzi hits the BRAKES, shuddering the truck to a stop, then lurches forward again.
英子踩刹车,卡车颤抖着停住,随后又突然向前冲去。

YINGZI  英子

Sorry! Big sorry! Didn’t mean to.
对不起!真的很抱歉!我不是故意的。
MONTAGE: As Ren YELLS instructions over the ROARING ENGINE and Yingzi gets the hang of it, he gradually calms down.
蒙太奇:任在轰鸣的引擎声中大声喊着指令,英子慢慢掌握了操作,他的情绪也逐渐平复。
And soon they’re cruising around this desolate wasteland in wide, sweeping ARCS; turning left and right, weaving around shrubs and trees, until finally…
很快,他们就在这片荒芜的废土上沿着宽阔而流畅的弧线巡航,左拐右绕,穿梭于灌木和树木之间,直到最终……

REN  人名(音译)

Okay, that’s enough for one day. Pull up over there.
好了,今天就到这里。把车停到那边。

INT. REN'S CABIN - EARLY EVENING
室内。任的木屋 - 傍晚初时

Yingzi eases the truck to a gentle stop. They sit motionless, silent. She steals a nervous glance at Ren, who can’t seem to stop shaking his head.
英子轻轻地将卡车停稳。他们静静地坐着,沉默无言。她紧张地偷看了一眼任,任却不停地摇着头。

YINGZI  英子

What? Just give it to me straight.
什么?直说吧。

REN  人名(音译)

Well, we’re still alive. And by some miracle you managed not to scrape paint off my rig. So I’d have to say; you’re a natural!
好吧,我们还活着。你居然奇迹般地没刮花我的车漆。不得不说,你真是天生的高手!
It takes a second for his words to sink in, then Yingzi lets out a scream of delight, throwing her arms around him, planting a fierce kiss on his forehead.
他的话刚刚让人反应过来,英子便欢呼出声,张开双臂紧紧抱住他,热烈地在他的额头上亲了一下。

YINGZI  英子

Thank you, thank you! In my whole life nobody has ever helped me do anything. Oh, Ren you’re the best!
谢谢,谢谢!我这一辈子从来没有人帮过我做任何事。哦,Ren,你真是太棒了!
Ren looks momentarily stunned by the kiss, then he cups her face in his hands. Her eyes sparkle, bright and full of life. Ren leans in and as his lips meet hers, she responds just as eagerly.
任被吻得有些惊讶,随后他用手轻轻捧起她的脸。她的眼睛闪耀着光芒,明亮而充满活力。任倾身靠近,当他的嘴唇触碰到她时,她也同样热情地回应。

INT. TRUCK CABIN - DAWN
卡车驾驶室 - 清晨

Ren’s truck sits motionless in the darkness. Behind a flimsy PRIVACY CURTAIN separating the DRIVER’S SEAT from the NARROW BUNK in the back, WE HEAR…
任的卡车静静地停在黑暗中。驾驶座和后面狭窄的卧铺之间用一块薄薄的隐私帘隔开,我们能听到……

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

(drowsily)  (迷迷糊糊地)
I don’t want the night to end.
我不想让这夜晚结束。

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

Me neither. But I’d like this awful crick in my neck to end.
我也是。不过我真希望脖子上的这阵难受快点好。
A DIM LIGHT switches on behind the curtain. Ren glances at his PHONE, checking the time.
窗帘后亮起一盏昏暗的灯光。Ren 看了看手机,确认时间。

REN  人名(音译)

Oh, crap! We gotta go! I should be halfway to Guangzhou by now.
哎呀,糟糕!我们得赶紧走了!我现在应该已经开到广州一半路程了。

INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
卡车驾驶室内 - 持续进行中

Yingzi swiftly buckles up as Ren bounces the truck across the wasteland, heading for the highway.
英子迅速系好安全带,任开着卡车颠簸着穿过荒地,朝高速公路驶去。

INT. TRUCK CABIN, BEIPANJIANG BRIDGE APPROACH - DAY
卡车驾驶室,北盘江大桥入口处 - 白天

Yingzi takes his hand as she gazes at him with a sweet smile.
英子握着他的手,甜甜地看着他。

YINGZI  英子

Ren? Would you say it again? Just one more time?
仁?你能再说一遍吗?就说一次就好

REN  人名(音译)

(pretending)  (装作)
You really are beautiful.
你真的很美。

YINGZI  英子

No, not that.  不,不是那个。

REN  人名(音译)

One day you could be the best woman truck driver in China!
有一天,你可能会成为中国最出色的女卡车司机!

YINGZI  英子

Promise you’ll help me get my license?
你答应帮我考驾照吗?

REN  人名(音译)

I’d help you no matter what you wanted to do. You should know that by now!
不管你想做什么,我都会支持你。你现在应该清楚了吧!
Thrilled, Yingzi pops her seatbelt, eager to lean over and kiss him again. But…
英子兴奋地解开安全带,迫不及待地想再次凑过去亲他一口。但……

REN  人名(音译)

No, Yingzi! Not here.
不,英子!别在这里。
He points outside; reminding her they’re driving across the colossal BEIPANJIANG BRIDGE.
他指着外面,提醒她他们正开车经过宏伟的北盘江大桥。
And when Yingzi realises they’re 1000 feet in the air she can barely contain her excitement!
当英子发现他们已经高达 1000 英尺时,她激动得几乎无法自已!
Rolling down her window she leans outside as far as possible.
她摇下车窗,尽力把身体探出窗外。

And as they roll across China’s LONGEST, TALLEST BRIDGE, Yingzi hangs ecstatically from the window, her hair whipped by the wind and her arms spread wide like wings.
当他们驶过中国最长最高的桥时,英子兴奋地探出窗外,头发被风吹得飞扬,双臂张开,宛如展翅飞翔。

YINGZI  英子

Look at me, Ren. I’m flying. And it’s all because of you!
看着我,Ren。我正在飞翔,这一切都多亏了你!

EXT. DRIVER TESTING CENTER - DAY
外景。驾驶考试中心 - 白天

Ren paces like an expectant father, waiting before a pair of heavy double doors marked; HEAVY GOODS VEHICLES: TESTING & PROCESSING.
任像一个焦急的父亲一样踱步,站在一对标有“重型货车:测试与处理”的厚重双开门前等待。
All around him nervous student drivers fill out paperwork and stand in line before being led away to take their tests.
他周围,紧张的学员们正在填写表格并排队,随后被带领去参加考试。
And when the doors finally swing open - YINGZI emerges beaming the broadest smile Ren has ever seen.
当门终于打开时,YINGZI 露出了 Ren 见过的最灿烂的笑容。
LAO HU (50S) her Examiner shakes her hand before handing her the paperwork.
老虎(50 多岁),她的检查员在递交文件前与她握手。

EXAMINER LAO  老检查员

Best damn scores I’ve seen in years, Missy!
米西,这是我多年来见过的最棒的成绩!

YINGZI  英子

Thank you, Examiner Lao! D’you think I’d have a chance of maybe getting hired somewhere?
谢谢您,老考官!您觉得我有机会被哪儿录用吗?

EXAMINER LAO  老检查员

Hell, they’d be lucky to have you! Problem is, truckers can be a hardheaded bunch. But if I can help, tell 'em to call me.
见鬼,他们能有你已经很幸运了!问题是,卡车司机们通常很倔强。不过如果我能帮上忙,就让他们给我打电话。

EXT/INT. JOB HUNTING MONTAGE - DAY
室内外交替镜头。找工作片段 - 白天

YINGZI  英子

Wish me luck!  祝我好运吧!
Ren is parked outside the gates of a busy TRUCKING DEPOT. And as Yingzi climbs down from the cab…
任的车停在一个繁忙的卡车货运站门口,英子正从驾驶室走下来……

REN  人名(音译)

(calls out)  (大声喊)
You’ll do great! Don’t forget; smile and act cute!
你一定会表现得很棒!别忘了微笑,展现你的可爱一面!

INT. DEPOT OFFICE - CONTINUOUS
仓库办公室内 - 连续镜头

YINGZI  英子

I got super-high scores on my driver’s test. You can even call my Examiner if you want?
我的驾驶考试得了超高分,你甚至可以打电话问问我的考官哦!
A smile pasted on her face, Yingzi stands before a bemused TRANSPORT MANAGER scratching his head as he looks her over.
英子脸上带着勉强的笑容,站在一位困惑的运输经理面前,经理一边挠头一边打量着她。
The MANAGER inspects her NEW LICENSE, passing it to his BUDDY who stares it, skeptically.
经理检查着她的新驾照,然后递给他的朋友,朋友带着怀疑的目光盯着驾照看。

MANAGER  管理者

Kinda scrawny aren’t you?
你是不是有点瘦弱?

YINGZI  英子

Big enough to get the job done.
足够大,能够完成任务。

MANAGER  管理者

Oh, I bet you are! Is that how you got this?
哦,我敢打赌你是!你就是这样得到这个的吗?

(winks at his friend)
(朝朋友眨了眨眼)

Getting the job done?
工作完成了吗?
Yingzi’s smile wilts a little.
英子的笑容有些黯淡了。

YINGZI  英子

Your sign out front says; ‘Drivers Wanted’ and I’m a driver. A good one. So how about, for once in your life you take a walk on the wild side and stop being such an asshole?
你门口的招牌写着“招司机”,而我正是个好司机。那这次你能不能破例走一回冒险的路,别再那么混蛋了?
73 EXT. WASHROOMS, TRANSPORT DEPOT - DAY
73 号场景 外部。运输站洗手间 - 白天

Seething, Yingzi stomps directly into the MENS WASHROOM.
愤怒的英子径直走进男厕所。

YINGZI  英子

Ren? Are you in here?
仁?你在里面吗?
She finds Ren shirtless, drying his hair with paper towels.
她看到任脱着上衣,正用纸巾擦干头发。

REN  人名(音译)

Done already? How did it go?
已经做完了吗?进展如何?

(realises)  (突然明白)
Yingzi, why are you in here?
颖子,你怎么会在这里?
A couple of CUSTOMERS rapidly zip themselves up and flee past Yingzi - who’s so angry she’s about to explode.
一对顾客迅速拉上拉链,飞快地从英子身边跑开——英子气得几乎要爆炸。

REN  人名(音译)

Did you forget to smile?
你是不是忘了笑一笑?

74 EXT. PARCEL DISTRIBUTION DEPOT - DAY
74 外景。包裹分发中心 - 白天

Yingzi is smiling so hard her face aches as she hurries through a PARCEL DEPOT behind an overweight HUMAN RESOURCES LADY carrying a clipboard.
英子笑得脸都酸了,匆忙穿过一个包裹仓库,身后跟着一位拿着剪贴板的丰满人力资源女士。

HR LADY  人事女士

I do this three times a week. 10,000 steps. Keeps me trim.
我每周走三次路,每次一万步,保持身材。

YINGZI  英子

Yeah, I see that.
嗯,我看到了。

HR LADY  人事女士

I change my times, though. Y’know, show up unannounced so I can mess with their heads.
我会改变时间,突然出现,给他们一个措手不及,搅乱他们的思绪。

YINGZI  英子

Wow. That’s… good to know.
哇,原来如此,真是好知道。

HR LADY  人事女士

So you want to be a driver?
所以你想开车吗?

YINGZI  英子

I am a driver actually.
其实我是一名司机。

HR LADY  人事女士

What, forklifts?  叉车?什么叉车?

YINGZI  英子

Trucks. Long haul. I won’t let you down.
卡车长途运输,我不会让你失望。

HR LADY  人事女士

Yeah, I know that 'cause I’m not gonna hire you.
是的,我知道,因为我不会录用你。

YINGZI  英子

You’re not?  你不是吗?

HR LADY  人事女士

Nope! 1. You’re kinda petite and those damn trucks are monsters. 2. Truck drivers are even worse. Animals, all of 'em!
不行!1. 你身材比较娇小,而那些卡车简直像怪兽一样。2. 卡车司机更糟,简直都是野蛮人!

(off Yingzi’s disappointment) It’s for your own good, sweetie. How about waitressing? I got jobs in the canteen?
(看到英子失望)这是为你好,宝贝。要不试试当服务员?我这儿食堂有工作岗位。
75 EXT. ‘FAST FREIGHT’ TRUCKING DEPOT - NIGHT
75 外景。“快速货运”卡车站 - 夜晚

Yingzi looks glum as she and Ren eat PANCAKE WRAPS, nestled together in the backseat bunk.
英子神情沉重,和任依偎在后座的床铺上,一起吃着煎饼卷。

YINGZI  英子

D’you know how many times I’ve heard ‘too young’, ‘too small’, ‘too smiley’?
你知道我被说过多少次“太年轻”、“太小”、“笑得太灿烂”吗?
He stops chewing and stares at her.
他停下咀嚼,凝视着她。

REN  人名(音译)

Maybe you should forget it? Part of me still kind of hopes we could go back to the way we were. I got used to us being a team.
也许你应该放下这件事?我心里还有一丝希望,我们能回到过去那样的关系。我已经习惯了我们是一个团队。

YINGZI  英子

But we are a team. We’ll always be a team, Ren. And I’ll only take a job if our routes can cross. We’ll never be apart for long.
但我们是一支团队,Ren,我们永远都是。只有当我们的路线能交汇时,我才会接工作。我们永远不会分开太久。

REN  人名(音译)

We can’t have it both ways, Yingzi.
英子,我们不能两头都占。

YINGZI  英子

But both ways is the only way I want it! China is changing, Ren. People like us can dream a little. We can make something of ourselves. Let’s work hard and have everything we want. Especially each other.
但这两种方式是我唯一想要的!中国正在改变,任。像我们这样的人可以有梦想。我们可以成就自己。让我们努力工作,拥有我们想要的一切,尤其是彼此。
76 EXT. ‘FAST FREIGHT’ HEADQUARTERS - DAY
76 号场景 外景 ‘快速货运’总部 - 白天

Yingzi looks glum as she and Ren walk hand-in-hand towards the low-rise offices of the ‘FAST FREIGHT TRUCKING Co.’
英子神情沉重,和仁手牵手走向“快速货运卡车公司”那栋低矮的办公楼。

REN  人名(音译)

This is not gonna work if you look like someone just ran over your favourite puppy. So? What do we do?
如果你看起来像刚被人踩过心爱的狗狗,这样可不行。那我们该怎么办呢?

YINGZI  英子

You go for a smoke and I smile like I’m selling toothpaste.
你去抽烟,我笑得像在推销牙膏一样。

REN  人名(音译)

That’s my girl!  这就是我的女孩!

77 INT. REPAIR SHOP, FAST FREIGHT DEPOT - DAY
77 维修车间,快速货运站 - 白天

LINGLING  玲玲

Hi, there!  你好!
ZHU LINGLING (40s) lies on a sliding cart, emerging from beneath the exposed innards of the injured truck.
朱玲玲(40 多岁)躺在一辆滑动的推车上,从受损卡车暴露的内部结构下方爬出。

YINGZI  英子

I called about the job?
我是打电话来询问这份工作的
Lingling stands up, wiping her oily hands on her OVERALLS before shaking Yingzi’s hand.
玲玲站起身,用油腻的手擦了擦工装,随后与英子握手。

LINGLING  玲玲

Yeah, thanks for stopping by. I’d take you for a look around but there’s not much to see right now. We run 12 rigs but 11 are on the road.
嗨,谢谢你过来。我本想带你参观一下,不过现在没什么特别的。我们有 12 辆车,只有一辆在这里,其他 11 辆都在外面跑。
Spare parts and machine tools are everywhere. Yingzi leans down, taking a look at the job.
零件和机床随处可见。英子俯下身,仔细查看手头的工作。

YINGZI  英子

Looks like she’s leaking brake fluid?
看起来她的刹车油在漏?

LINGLING  玲玲

Worse than that. She needs her axel changed. You know how to fix trucks?
更糟的是,她的车轴需要更换。你会修卡车吗?

YINGZI  英子

Not really. My ‘ex’ used to work on engines.
也不完全是。我的“前任”以前是修发动机的。

LINGLING  玲玲

I’ve been tinkering with trucks since I was a kid. You’re the first woman trucker I’ve come across.
我从小就喜欢修理卡车。你是我见过的第一个女卡车司机。

YINGZI  英子

Yeah, me too.  我也是。
Then, as they stroll OUT OF THE GARAGE…
然后,当他们悠闲地走出车库时…

LINGLING  玲玲

In the next few months we’ll take delivery of 6 new rigs - which is why you’re here. I need drivers. So if your record is clean & you’re not afraid of hard work - you’re welcome to join us.
未来几个月我们将接收 6 辆新卡车——这也是你来到这里的原因。我需要司机。如果你有良好的驾驶记录,且不怕吃苦,欢迎加入我们。
Yingzi’s reacts. Unable to hide her surprise.
英子反应过来,难掩惊讶之情。

YINGZI  英子

Seriously? That’s it? You don’t need to hear who I had to screw to get a license?
真的假的?就这点事?你不想知道我为了拿到驾照得靠谁吗?
Startled, Lingling stares at Yingzi as if she’s slightly mad.
玲玲吃惊地盯着英子看,仿佛她有些疯狂。

LINGLING  玲玲

Um, not especially. Did I say something… weird?
嗯,没有特别的。我说了什么奇怪的话吗?

YINGZI  英子

No! Not at all. I was just surprised that you… want me.
不!完全不是那样。我只是没想到你会……想要我。

LINGLING  玲玲

I run a family shop here. If you’re interested in becoming part of our family let’s go ahead and give it a whirl, shall we?
我在这里经营一家家族小店。如果你有兴趣加入我们的大家庭,那就一起试试看吧,好吗?
Under Lingling’s encouraging gaze Yingzi is so moved she has trouble fighting back tears.
在玲玲鼓励的目光中,英子感动得几乎要流下眼泪。

78 INT. YINGZI'S 'FAST FREIGHT' TRUCK, HIGHWAY - DAY
78 英子驾驶的“快货”卡车内,公路上 - 白天

Humming happily to herself, Yingzi is out on the highway driving a fancy, all-new Fast Freight truck when her dashmounted phone rings…
英子愉快地哼着歌,驾驶着一辆全新的豪华快速货运卡车在高速公路上行驶,突然仪表盘上的手机响了起来……

YINGZI  英子

Missing me again, eh? 'Cause I’m just so adorable
又在想我了吧?谁让人家这么可爱呢

REN  人名(音译)

You are, babe. And I’m truly, madly deeply missing you!
你就是我的宝贝,我真的非常非常想你!

YINGZI  英子

So tell me, which part of you misses me the most?
那告诉我,你最想我的是身体的哪一部分?
Ren howls like a wolf, making Yingzi burst into laughter.
任像狼一样嚎叫,逗得英子忍不住大笑起来。

REN  人名(音译)

And tell me our motto again.
再跟我说一遍我们的座右铭。

YINGZI  英子

Drive safe. Meet soon!
路上小心,期待很快见到你!

REN  人名(音译)

I love the sound of that.
我很喜欢那个声音。

YINGZI  英子

Hey, Ren? There’s a tunnel up ahead. I might lose you.
嘿,Ren?前面有个隧道,信号可能会断。

REN  人名(音译)

No you won’t. You’ll never lose me.
不,你不会的。你永远离不开我。
HE HOWLS AGAIIN, making her laugh as his signal cuts when her truck enters the tunnel.
他再次嚎叫,当她的卡车驶入隧道时,他的信号中断,这让她忍俊不禁。

79 EXT. YINGZI'S TRUCK, TUNNEL - DAY
79 外景。英子的卡车在隧道内 - 白天

As she rolls through the well-lit tunnel Yingzi SEES A BLUE TRUCK in her side-mirror, moving up fast in the SECOND LANE.
当她开车经过灯光明亮的隧道时,英子从侧视镜里看到一辆蓝色卡车正快速从第二车道超近。
As the truck pulls level its DRIVER glances over and reacts, surprised to see a woman behind the wheel.
卡车驶平时,司机看了一眼,惊讶地发现驾驶座上竟然是一位女性。
He holds his TRUCK’S position, coasting along beside Yingzi, blocking traffic and irritating the motorists behind.
他稳稳地开着卡车,沿着英子身旁缓缓前行,挡住了交通,惹得后面的司机们很不耐烦。
When Yingzi hears the honking, she glances across in his direction.
英子听到喇叭声,朝他那边看了一眼。
Big mistake. He drops his window, making stupid faces, blowing kisses & lasciviously licking his lips.
大错特错。他摇下车窗,做出傻乎乎的表情,吹着飞吻,撩人地舔着嘴唇。

YINGZI  英子

Ick, gross!  呸,真恶心!
Yingzi speeds up trying to shake him off. But that just seems to encourage him. She slows down. He slows down. Enjoying his stupid game of Cat & Mouse…
英子加速想甩开他,但这反而激起了他的兴趣。她放慢了速度,他也跟着放慢,享受着这场愚蠢的猫捉老鼠游戏……
And as they emerge out of the tunnel, back into the sunlight, Yingzi irritably lowers her window and yells…
当他们驶出隧道,重返阳光下时,英子不耐烦地摇下车窗,大声喊叫起来……

YINGZI  英子

Get lost, moron! Pick on someone your own size.
滚开,笨蛋!去找个和你差不多大小的人惹吧。
Suddenly the Crazy Trucker’s eyes blaze with fury. He swerves his truck towards her, trying to run her off the road.
突然,那个疯狂的卡车司机怒目而视,猛地将卡车朝她冲去,试图把她逼下路。
She screams, braking hard. Then she guns her engine trying to get away. Useless. This guy is sticking to her like glue.
她尖叫着急刹车,接着猛踩油门想要甩掉他,但没用。这个家伙紧紧地跟着她,像贴了胶水一样。
Then, up ahead she spots a POSSIBLE ESCAPE; a long gentle downhill slope with a GAS STATION EXIT RAMP halfway down.
然后,她在前方发现了一个可能的逃生路线:一条长而缓的下坡路,中途有一个加油站的出口坡道。
When Yingzi increases her speed, so does the Crazy Trucker, hanging beside her, matching her speed, teasingly honking his horn.
当英子加速时,疯狂卡车司机紧跟在她身旁,保持同样的速度,调皮地按着喇叭。
So as the EXIT RAMP looms closer, Yingzi holds her course, waiting until the very last second before she YANKS HER STEERING WHEEL HARD TO THE RIGHT, scraping the SAFETY BARRIER as she careens off the highway on to the EXIT RAMP, giving the Crazy Trucker no chance to follow her.
出口匝道越来越近时,英子稳住方向,直到最后一刻才猛然向右猛打方向盘,刮擦着安全护栏,冲出高速驶入出口匝道,彻底甩开了疯狂的卡车司机。

INT. CRAZY TRUCKER'S CAB, HIGHWAY - DAY
内景。疯狂卡车司机驾驶室,高速公路上 - 白天

Spitting curses, the Crazy Trucker brakes hard, burning rubber as he skids to a stop with BLACK SMOKE billowing from his tires.
疯狂的卡车司机一边咒骂,一边猛踩刹车,轮胎冒出黑烟,车辆打滑着停了下来。
Then, after we HEAR HIM CURSING IN HIS CAB his engine roars as his BIG RIG suddenly ROCKETS BACKWARDS down the ‘safety lane’.
然后,当我们听到他在驾驶室里咒骂时,他的引擎轰鸣着,他的重型卡车突然沿着“安全车道”迅速倒退。

EXT. SERVICE STATION, PARKING LOT - DAY
外景。服务站停车场 - 白天

Hyperventilating, Yingzi hurries across the parking lot, eyes everywhere, checking that the Trucker is nowhere in sight.
英子气喘吁吁地匆忙穿过停车场,眼睛不停扫视,确认卡车司机没有出现。

INT. LADIES WASHROOM - DAY
室内。女士洗手间 - 白天

She enters an empty washroom, splashing water on her face and pumping SOAP FROM A DISPENSER when she glances up… and SEES HIM in the mirror; the CRAZY TRUCKER grinning in the doorway.
她走进一个空荡荡的洗手间,往脸上泼水,按下肥皂分配器取出肥皂,突然抬头……在镜子里看见了他;那个疯狂的卡车司机正站在门口,咧嘴笑着。

YINGZI  英子

Are you just gonna keep turning up, like a dose of the clap?
你就打算一直出现,像淋病一样烦人吗?
He rolls a toothpick between his lips, studying her.
他嘴里叼着一根牙签,目不转睛地看着她。

TRUCKER  货车司机

Helluva piece of driving back there.
刚才那段驾驶真是了不起。

YINGZI  英子

Can’t you just go find a nice rock to crawl under?
你干脆找块好石头躲起来不好吗?

TRUCKER  货车司机

Be nice. It’ll make it easier on both of us.
请友善一点,这样对我们俩都会更容易。

YINGZI  英子

Why do I find that hard to believe?
我为什么觉得那很难让人相信?

TRUCKER  货车司机

I blew a tire back there. You can either pay me or fuck me.
我刚才爆了个轮胎。你要么付钱给我,要么就别怪我不客气。
She pretends to be calm as her eyes scan the room.
她装作镇定,目光在房间里来回扫视。

YINGZI  英子

Not much of a choice.
选择不多。

TRUCKER  货车司机

You won’t know if you don’t give it a whirl?
不试试,你怎么会知道呢?
Yingzi makes a big show of looking him up and down.
英子故意上下打量了他一番。

YINGZI  英子

I’m pretty sure I know already. I think I’ll sit this one out.
我很确定自己已经知道了,这次我想就不参与了。

TRUCKER  货车司机

The hell you will.
你才不会呢。
The moment he advances towards her, Yingzi darts toward the TRASH CAN - she yanks out the BLACK PLASTIC BAG & lunges towards him, forcing the bag over his head.
他刚向她靠近,英子立刻冲向垃圾桶,拉出一个黑色塑料袋,猛地套到他的头上。
She pulls it tight from behind, and as he howls in fury, she topples him backwards on to the floor.
她从背后用力一拉,正当他愤怒咆哮时,她将他摔倒在地。
The more he FLAILS & BELLOWS the harder it is for him to breathe, he’s pounding the floor, trying everything to rip the bag as she stubbornly holds it tight and forces his hands away until the fight gradually drains out of him.
他越是挣扎咆哮,呼吸就越困难。他猛击地板,拼命想撕开袋子,而她却固执地紧紧抓住,强行把他的手推开,直到他的力气渐渐耗尽。
And the instant his body goes limp - Yingzi releases her grip and bolts for the door.
当他的身体瞬间变得无力时,英子松开手,迅速冲向门口。

83 EXT/INT. YINGZI'S TRUCK, HIGHWAY - DAY
83 外景/内景。英子的卡车,高速公路 - 白天

Moments later she’s WEAVING WILDLY THROUGH TRAFFIC leaning on her horn, checking & re-checking her MIRRORS. Putting as much distance between herself and the Trucker as possible.
片刻后,她疯狂地穿梭在车流中,按着喇叭,不断查看后视镜,努力拉开与卡车司机的距离。
And that’s when her phone suddenly RINGS. She’s so on edge she almost screams.
就在那一刻,她的手机突然响起,紧张得她差点叫出声来。

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

(speaker phone)  (免提电话)
…Yingzi? Is that you?
……英子?是你吗?

YINGZI  英子

Guiru?  贵吗?
(sudden panic)  (突然惊慌)
What’s wrong now?  现在出了什么问题?

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

Nothing’s wrong, Yingzi, calm down. She’s doing fine. But I thought you should know Feng’s found himself a widow with her own money. He taking about a divorce.
没事的,英子,别着急。她一切都好。不过我觉得你应该知道,冯发现自己娶了个有钱的寡妇,他正在考虑离婚。

YINGZI  英子

He’s too scared to ask me himself?
他自己都不敢问我吗?

GUIRU  贵儒

He’s worried you’ll ask for a fortune.
他担心你会开出天价。

YINGZI  英子

Because that’s what he’d do. He can have his divorce but only if I can have Xiaoyu when the time comes.
因为那是他会做的事。他可以离婚,但前提是到时候小雨归我。

GUIRU  贵儒

He’ll not fight you on that. He can barely look at her as it is.
他不会在这件事上和你顶嘴。现在他几乎不敢正眼看她。

YINGZI  英子

Have him hire a lawyer. I want everything in writing. Just like on TV.
让他找个律师。我想要所有内容都有书面证明,就像电视里演的一样。

GUIRU  贵儒

And the money?  钱怎么样了?

YINGZI  英子

I don’t want his money. If his widow’s in a marrying mood why should I stop her? She’ll think again after he whips her with her own umbrella. But that’s their business. My business is Xiaoyu.
我不想要他的钱。如果他的寡妇想再婚,我为什么要阻止她?她被他用自己的伞抽打后肯定会重新考虑的。但那是他们的事,我关心的是小雨。

84 EXT. PARKING LOT, TRUCK STOP - NIGHT
84 外景。停车场,卡车休息站 - 夜间

Exhausted, Yingzi pulls into an overnight PARKING LOT used by DOZENS OF LONG HAUL TRUCKS.
精疲力尽的英子开车驶入一个供数十辆长途卡车停靠的过夜停车场。

85 INT. YINGZI'S CABIN - NIGHT
85 英子的小屋内 - 夜晚

Slumped in her seat, Yingzi places a STUFFED PANDA on her steering wheel; a makeshift pillow to lay down her head & sleep.
英子懒洋洋地坐在座位上,把一个毛绒熊猫放在方向盘上,作为临时的枕头靠着头睡觉。

86 EXT. PARKING LOT - LATER THAT NIGHT
86 外景。停车场 - 当晚稍晚时间

Ren’s BIG RIG cruises slowly down row upon row of PARKED TRUCKS, as he softly whispers…
任驾驶着他的大卡车,缓缓驶过一排排停放的卡车,轻声呢喃着……

REN  人名(音译)

Where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are!
你在哪里?快出来吧,无论你藏在哪里!
Then he spots her truck up ahead. He parks head-to-head, opposite her rig, and announces himself with a BLAST from his AIR HORNS.
然后他看到她的卡车就在前方。他把车头对着她的车停下,用空气喇叭猛地一响,向她示意自己的到来。

87 INT. YINGZI'S TRUCK, PARKING LOT - CONTINUOUS
87 英子的卡车内,停车场 - 紧接着

Startled awake, Yingzi whips aside her ‘PRIVACY CURTAIN’ to find herself face-to-face with Ren, beaming his wide, toothy grin through two windscreens.
英子被惊醒,猛地掀开“隐私帘”,发现自己正面对着仁,他透过两块挡风玻璃,露出灿烂的笑容。
She instantly throws open her door and they’re soon reunited, with Yingzi des[erately clinging to Ren as if her life depends on it.
她立刻打开车门,他们很快重逢,英子紧紧抓着任,仿佛生命就系在他身上一样。
And when Ren feels her tears, wet against his face.
当仁感觉到她的眼泪湿润地滴在他的脸上。

REN  人名(音译)

Hey, what is it? Everything okay?
嘿,怎么了?一切还好吗?
And caught as they are in the brilliant blaze of TWO SETS OF HEADLIGHTS, Yingzi nods a smile of relief.
在两组车头灯的强光中,英子点头,露出一丝安心的微笑。

YINGZI  英子

I’m just so happy to hold you.
我真的很开心能抱着你。

INT. REN'S TRUCK CABIN - LATER THAT NIGHT
任的卡车驾驶室内——当天深夜

Curled in each other’s arms, Yingzi sleeps while Ren’s EYES gaze across at her, full of love.
英子依偎在仁的怀里熟睡,仁满怀深情地注视着她。
He pulls open the curtain to reveal an ocean of twinkling stars.
他拉开窗帘,展现出满天闪烁的星星。

REN  人名(音译)

(whispers)  (轻声细语)
Whoever gave me all of this, I just want to say thank you.
不管是谁给了我这一切,我都想说声谢谢。
He turns back to Yingzi, sleeping peacefully - so he slides further away, pulls out his phone and whispers softly while gazing directly into his screen.
他转头看着安静熟睡的英子,悄悄地往旁边挪开一点,掏出手机,盯着屏幕轻声低语。

REN  人名(音译)

Hi, night owls! This is your LONESOME TRUCKER, except tonight I’m not quite so lonesome. I’m parked in the middle of nowhere staring through my windscreen at billions of stars in a pitch black sky.
嗨,夜猫子们!我是你们的孤独卡车司机,但今晚我并不那么孤单。我停在荒野中,透过挡风玻璃仰望着漆黑夜空中数不清的星星。

(a long silence)  (一阵长时间的沉默)
Have you ever tried to really make sense of things? To get your head around who made all of this?
你有没有试过认真思考,弄明白这一切到底是谁创造的?

REN (Cont'd)  REN(接着说)

Because when you think about it, someone went to an awful lot of trouble making tiny little specks like us.
因为仔细想想,肯定有人费尽心思才创造出像我们这样微小的生命。

(a beat)  (一个节奏)
It’s kind of flattering, really.
这其实挺让人受宠若惊的。

INT. REN'S TRUCK CABIN - NEXT MORNING
室内,任的卡车驾驶室——第二天一早

A KNOCK on the truck’s door wakes Yingzi. She drowsily pulls back the curtain to see Ren holding up two MILK TEAS outside her window.
一阵敲门声把英子从睡梦中唤醒。她迷迷糊糊地拉开窗帘,看到仁正站在窗外,手里举着两杯奶茶。

REN  人名(音译)

Light sugar, with extra boba balls. Time to hit the road.
少糖,加多珍珠。该出发了。
Handing her the tea.
把茶递给她。

REN  人名(音译)

Up you get! You can sleep in the car.
快起来!你可以在车里休息。

YINGZI  英子

The what?  什么?
He nods to a nifty-looking ‘BYD’ SEDAN parked nearby.
他朝附近一辆外观时尚的“比亚迪”轿车点了点头。

REN  人名(音译)

I splurged! You can celebrate your birthday with the wind in your hair!
我大手大脚地花了一把!你可以让风吹拂着头发,尽情庆祝你的生日!

YINGZI  英子

How did you know it was my birthday?
你怎么知道我今天过生日?

REN  人名(音译)

Sweetheart, I remember everything about you.
亲爱的,我对你的一切都记得清清楚楚。
Yingzi screams in joy as she jumps down towards Ren, nearly spilling the milk tea all over both of them.
英子兴奋地尖叫着跳向仁,差点把奶茶洒得到处都是。

INT. 'BYD' SEDAN, COAST ROAD - DAY
内景。比亚迪轿车,沿海公路 - 白天

As they cruise along a COAST ROAD, Yingzi monkeys with their rental car’s GADGETS; opening the Sun Roof, scanning dozens of radio stations, cranking up the volume, tilting and heating the seats until…
当他们沿着海岸公路行驶时,英子玩弄着租车上的各种设备:打开天窗,调试收音机,调高音量,调节座椅的倾斜和加热,直到……
Ren’s backside starts to get mysteriously…
任的背影开始变得神秘起来……

REN  人名(音译)

Hot! Ow! Yingzi, turn it off!
好烫!哎呀,英子,快关掉它!
Yingzi is convulsed with laughter.
英子笑得前仰后合。
EXT. DESERTED ROCKY BEACH, DUSK
外景。荒无人烟的岩石海滩,傍晚时分

Overwhelmed by WIND & WAVES, the lovers clamber over VAST BOULDERS until they’re gazing out at the OCEAN, showering them with sea-spray…
在狂风巨浪中,恋人们攀爬过一块块巨大的岩石,最终凝望着被海浪喷洒的广阔海洋……
Yingzi squats down, dipping her finger into a seawater puddle, tasting it.
英子蹲下身,手指蘸了蘸海水洼里的水,尝了尝味道。

YINGZI  英子

It’s salty! Even saltier than my mom’s pickled vegetables.
这东西真咸!比我妈妈腌的菜还要咸。
And though they can barely hear themselves speak, Yingzi yells in Ren’s ear…
虽然他们几乎听不清自己说话的声音,英子还是在任的耳边大声喊着……

YINGZI  英子

I can never thank you enough for today!
今天的帮助我真是无法用言语表达我的感激之情!

REN  人名(音译)

You should close your eyes, listen to the sea and make a wish.
你应该闭上眼睛,聆听海浪声,然后许下一个愿望。

YINGZI  英子

Can’t we both make a wish?
我们不能一起许个愿吗?
So that’s what they do, closing their eyes as a GIANT WAVE explodes nearby.
原来他们就是这样做的,当一股巨浪在身边爆发时,他们会闭上眼睛。

REN  人名(音译)

(grinning & breathless)  (笑着,气喘吁吁)
You want to tell me what you wished for?
你想跟我说说你许了什么愿望吗?

YINGZI  英子

It won’t come true if I tell. But you can tell me. It’s not your birthday.
如果我说出来,愿望就不会实现。但你可以告诉我,反正今天不是你的生日。

REN  人名(音译)

I wished that you’d say ‘yes’.
我真希望你能说“是”。

YINGZI  英子

To what?  是指什么?

REN  人名(音译)

To me. When I ask to marry you.
对我来说,当我向你求婚的时候。
Yingzi’s eyes widen as he pulls out a TINY DIAMOND RING
英子的眼睛睁大了,他拿出一个小巧的钻戒

YINGZI  英子

How did you know? You read my mind. This is what I wished for!
你怎么知道的?你真是读懂了我的心思,这正是我一直期盼的!
As Yingzi gazes at Ren holding her ring, tears well in her eyes.
英子看着仁手中握着她的戒指,眼眶里泛起了泪光。

REN  人名(音译)

Don’t cry, babe, what’s wrong? Oh, please don’t cry.
别哭,亲爱的,怎么了?求你别哭。

YINGZI  英子

I just feel… happy. Too happy to even handle it.
我只是觉得……很开心,开心到几乎无法承受。

REN  人名(音译)

(wiping her tears)  (擦着眼泪)
We’ll be even happier than we are now, a hundred times, a thousand times more. So? Will you…?
我们会比现在幸福得多,百倍,千倍。那你呢……愿意吗?
Consumed by emotion, Yingzi nods her silent agreement as Ren lovingly folds her in his arms.
情绪激动的英子默默点头表示同意,任深情地将她紧紧拥入怀中。
INT. ‘BYD’ SEDAN, COAST ROAD - NIGHT
内景。“比亚迪”轿车,海岸公路上 - 夜晚

Ren gently caresses the ring on Yingzi’s finger as he steers the car with his free hand.
任用空着的手轻轻抚摸着英子手指上的戒指,另一只手则掌控着方向盘。

REN  人名(音译)

I should’ve got us a hotel so you could get a good night’s rest. But with the car…
我本该给我们订个酒店,让你能好好休息一晚,可是因为车的事……

YINGZI  英子

…and my ring.  ……还有我的戒指。

REN  人名(音译)

Try to sleep. I’ll get us back by dawn.
试着睡一会儿,我会在天亮前带我们回去。
Touched by his kindness, Yingzi makes herself very small inside her blanket. And as she closes her eyes…
被他的善意打动,英子缩在毯子里,把自己缩得很小。当她闭上眼睛时……

YINGZI  英子

Right now I’m the happiest person in the world.
此刻,我是世界上最幸福的人。

(closing her eyes)  (她闭上眼睛)
Soon I’ll have a loving husband, a beautiful daughter and we’ll all live ‘happily-ever-after’. And it’s allBecause of you.
很快我就会有一个深爱我的丈夫和一个漂亮的女儿,我们一家人将幸福地生活在一起。这一切都要感谢你。
Ren says nothing, letting her drift off to sleep… but we GLIMPSE an unfamiliar anxiety in his eyes.
任什么话也没说,任她慢慢入睡……但我们隐约看到他眼中流露出一丝陌生的焦虑。

93 EXT. PARKING LOT MONTAGE - EARLY MORNING
93 号场景 外景 停车场蒙太奇 - 清晨时分

It’s not easy to say goodbye. They hold each other tight. And with one final KISS, they climb aboard their rigs.
告别总是难舍难分。他们紧紧相拥,最后深情一吻后,登上了各自的卡车。
As their TRUCKS drive out of the parking lot, heading in different directions - Ren and Yingzi bid their farewells with a BLAST FROM THEIR AIR HORNS.
当他们的卡车驶出停车场,朝不同方向开去时,仁和英子用空气喇叭发出响亮的告别声。

INT. YINGZI'S CABIN - CONTINUOUS
室内。英子的小屋 - 紧接着发生

Yingzi is cruising along a country road when her phone rings. She picks up to SEE REN’S SMILE light up her cab.
英子正沿着乡间小路开车,手机响了起来。她接起电话,看到任的笑容照亮了车内。

YINGZI  英子

Didn’t we just say goodbye, like minutes ago?
我们不是才刚说过再见吗,就几分钟前的事?

REN  人名(音译)

We did and all of that time I’ve been thinking; how would you like to come home with me? My Mom & Dad really want to meet you.
我们做了这些事,这段时间我一直在想:你愿意跟我回家吗?我爸妈很想见见你。

(off her silence)  (从她的沉默中断断续续地)
It’s okay if you don’t want to.
如果你不想做,也没关系。

YINGZI  英子

No, it’s not that, it’s just, I’m not sure I’m ready.
不是那样的,只是我不确定自己准备好了吗。

REN  人名(音译)

For what? They’ll love you. Besides sooner or later you have to meet your in-laws.
干嘛担心?他们会喜欢你的。况且迟早你都得见你的岳父母。
As Ren’s words slowly fade out, the CAMERA closes in on Yingzi’s ANXIOUS EYES.
任的话语渐渐消散,镜头缓缓拉近英子那双充满焦虑的眼睛。

95 INT. REN'S TRUCK - DAWN
95 内景,任的卡车内 - 黎明时分

As Ren’s rig turns off the highway, Yingzi throws off her blanket, sitting up to look out as they wind down a narrow country road.
当任的卡车驶出高速公路,英子扔下毯子,坐起身来,望着他们沿着一条狭窄的乡间小路缓缓前行。

REN  人名(音译)

We’ll be there in less than an hour.
我们不到一小时就会到。

YINGZI  英子

Can we slow down a bit? Why are we rushing?
我们能放慢点速度吗?为什么这么着急?

REN  人名(音译)

Because I’m starving. I’d like to get home for breakfast.
我饿极了,想赶快回家吃早餐。

YINGZI  英子

Ren, tell me I’m crazy for being nervous.
任,告诉我我紧张得快要疯了。

REN  人名(音译)

You are crazy! Everything’s going to be fine.
你真疯狂!一切都会没事的。
He reaches over, casually switching off the radio.
他伸手一按,随意地关掉了收音机。

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, for you, what’s the most important thing in a marriage?
英子,你觉得婚姻中最重要的是什么?

YINGZI  英子

Love. Always…  爱,永远如此……

REN  人名(音译)

For me, it’s trust. Feeling that we can tell each other anything. Can we start our life that way? With no secrets between us?
对我来说,最重要的是信任。感觉我们可以无所不谈。我们能以这样的方式开始我们的生活吗?彼此之间没有任何秘密?

YINGZI  英子

You have secrets?  你有什么秘密吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Not really. But I’d like us to make a fresh start. And I don’t mind going first. I slept…
也不完全是。不过我希望我们能重新开始。我可以先说。我刚睡了一会儿……

YINGZI  英子

Ren, stop right there! I don’t need to hear about your love life.
仁,别说了!我不想听你讲你的感情事。

REN  人名(音译)

Good, because I was going to say I’ve slept more than 900 nights on the road.
好的,因为我本来想说我已经在路上度过了 900 多个夜晚。

YINGZI  英子

You counted?  你数过了吗?

REN  人名(音译)

I’ve had a lot of time on my hands. And though trucking beats the crap out of what I used to do, hustling rides for Didi in my cousin’s crappy SUV - this job is killing me, Yingzi.
我有很多空闲时间。虽然开卡车比以前在表弟那辆破旧的 SUV 里帮滴滴拉客强多了,但这份工作真把我累坏了,英子。

YINGZI  英子

I thought you loved it?
我还以为你喜欢呢?

REN  人名(音译)

I did. Once. But every year it gets harder. I have no life. No friends.
我试过一次,但每年都觉得越来越难。我没有生活,也没有朋友。

YINGZI  英子

You have me.  你拥有我。

REN  人名(音译)

Which is why we need to find a way out, together.
所以我们必须携手共寻出路。

YINGZI  英子

But I only just started and I love driving trucks.
我才刚开始开车,而且我很喜欢开卡车。

REN  人名(音译)

But down the road; three or five years from now, you won’t feel the same. We should settle down and start a family.
但在未来的某个时候,三年或五年后,你的感受会不同。我们应该安定下来,组建一个家庭。

YINGZI  英子

I already have a family.
我已经有家人了。

(flashes a smile)  (露出一个微笑)
You and Xiaoyu.  你和小雨一起。
Yingzi reaches over to turn on the RADIO again, while Ren drives on in silence. His expression impossible to read.
英子伸手再次打开收音机,任则沉默地开着车,脸上的表情让人难以看透。

96 EXT. REN'S VILLAGE - DAY
96 外景,仁的村庄 - 白天

The road gets narrower. As Ren navigates closer to his village OLD FOLKS & KIDS stare, point and gossip.
道路变得越来越窄。仁靠近村庄时,老人和孩子们纷纷注视着他,指指点点,窃窃私语。

REN  人名(音译)

Just one thing before we’re there; it’s best that you don’t talk about Xiaoyu for now. My folks are pretty traditional. They might not accept her right away.
在我们到那之前,有件事要先说:现在最好别提小雨。我的父母比较传统,可能一开始不会接受她。
Yingzi bites her lip and remains silent.
英子咬着嘴唇,默默不语。

REN  人名(音译)

Give them a little time, I’ll convince them. I promise.
给他们一点时间,我一定能说服他们。保证。
Yingzi nods reluctantly.
英子不情愿地点了点头。

97 EXT. GATES OF REN'S VILLAGE HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
97 外景,仁村庄房屋大门 - 连续镜头

REN’S POV of his modest family house. His PARENTS sit outside in the sun, awaiting his arrival, surrounded by their FAMILY.
从 REN 的视角看他那简朴的家。父母坐在阳光下,等待他的归来,身边围绕着家人。
As their truck pulls to a stop, firecrackers crackle loudly and the door is adorned with big red ‘Xi’ (a double-happiness character). Ren’s entire family gathers around as Ren and Yingzi get out of the cab.
卡车停下时,鞭炮声响彻,门上贴着大大的红色“囍”字。任和英子从驾驶室下来,任的全家人围拢过来。

YINGZI  英子

Promise you won’t leave me alone. Not even for a second?
你答应我不要离开我,哪怕一秒钟也不行吗?
Then Ren’s mother grabs Yingzi’s hand.
然后任的妈妈握住了英子的手。

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Yingzi, right?  你是英子,对吧?
(to Ren)  (对任说)
She’s so pretty!  她真美丽!

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

Come inside, please. You must be exhausted! Travelling so far to visit us.
请进来吧,你一定很累了!专程远道而来看我们。
WELCOME MONTAGE: The main room is filled with family and excited children running everywhere.
欢迎场景:主厅里挤满了家人,兴奋的孩子们四处奔跑。
Handshakes, hugs and curious stares as Yingzi helps Ren to hand out GIFTS… BAIJIU & CIGARETTES for the men (some of whom jokingly tease Yingzi, asking if she’ll light their cigarettes) …and MAKE-UP & PERFUME for the ladies.
握手、拥抱和好奇的目光中,英子帮仁分发礼物……白酒和香烟送给男士们(有些人开玩笑地逗英子,问她能不能帮他们点烟)……化妆品和香水则送给女士们。
Yingzi notices that the family house is well decorated and comfortable - Ren’s family is obviously doing well.
英子注意到家里的房子布置得很漂亮,也很舒适——任家显然生活得很好。

INT. REN'S VILLAGE HOUSE - LATER THAT DAY
室内。仁的村庄家中——当天稍晚些时候

THE FAMILY sit around two BIG CIRCULAR TABLES displaying the remnants of an EPIC MEAL.
家人们围坐在两张大圆桌旁,桌上还留着一顿丰盛大餐的残余。
MEN puff their CIGARETTES & refill BAIJIU glasses while the WOMEN giggle like schoolgirls, admiring how chic they look in their new RED LIPSTICK & MASCARA.
男人们抽着香烟,给白酒杯续杯,女人们则像女学生一样咯咯地笑着,欣赏自己新涂的红口红和睫毛膏,看起来格外时尚。
Ren circles the room toasting one and all while Yingzi sits beside his MOM helping her apply LIPSTICK.
任在房间里走动,向大家一一敬酒,英子则坐在妈妈身边帮她涂口红。

YINGZI  英子

Smack your lips together like this. Great! You look like a movie star! Oh, I almost forgot…
像这样咂嘴,太棒了!你看起来就像电影明星一样!哦,我差点忘了……
She hands one final gift to Ren’s Mom; a CASHMERE SWEATER.
她把最后一份礼物递给任的妈妈——一件羊绒毛衣。

YINGZI  英子

Auntie, I hope this will fit.
阿姨,希望这个合身。

FEMALE RELATIVE  女性家属

No more auntie! You should call her ‘Mom’ now!
不要再叫她阿姨了!你现在应该叫她“妈妈”!

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Stop teasing her! Don’t take any notice, Yingzi. Call me whatever you want. In this family we don’t care about formalities.
别逗她了!英子,别放在心上。你想怎么叫我都可以,我们家里不讲究那些客套。

(displaying her sweater) See how thoughtful my dear girl is? This was definitely expensive.
(展示她的毛衣)你看我亲爱的女孩多贴心?这件毛衣肯定很贵。
Ren’s Mom’s warmth eases Yingzi’s nervousness.
任妈妈的温暖让英子的紧张情绪得到了缓解。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

Listen up, everyone! Tomorrow we have a cook from the county coming to prepare a banquet. It’s sort of an engagement party for these kids and everyone’s invited!
大家注意!明天县里有位厨师来为我们准备一场宴会,算是给这些孩子们的订婚派对,欢迎大家一起来参加!
The crowd cheers, and Ren smiles at Yingzi, blushing shyly.
人群欢呼着,任对英子微笑,害羞地脸红了。
All the guests and relatives are gone now. Just the family of four sit at the table quietly eating their evening meal.
所有的客人和亲戚都已经离开了,只有一家四口静静地坐在桌旁吃晚饭。
Ren’s Mom insists on piling food onto Yingzi’s plate.
任的妈妈坚持给英子的盘子里盛满食物。

REN  人名(音译)

Mom, you’ll make her burst! Why don’t you put some on my plate?
妈妈,你会让她吃撑的!你干嘛不把一些放到我的盘子里?

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Seeing her here, I can finally stop worrying.
见到她在这里,我终于可以放心了。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

She’s been worrying about Ren all her life. Did he tell you he was the baby of the family? It was a big surprise to both of us when he came along. But he’s not like his older sister and brother; they married well and live nearby. Ren’s always been a bit wild. Not that that mattered to his Mom…
她一生都在为 Ren 担心。你知道他是家里的老幺吗?他出生时,我们俩都感到很惊讶。但他不像他的姐姐和哥哥,他们都婚姻美满,住得很近。Ren 一直有些叛逆,不过这对他妈妈来说并不重要……

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

I was hoping for another girl. But when I saw him; so cute and bratty…
我原本希望是个女孩,但看到他时,觉得他既可爱又调皮……

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

So she spoiled him ever since.
所以从那以后她一直宠着他。

(to Yingzi)  (对英子)
But now we see how good you two are together, we can feel at ease.
现在看到你们俩相处得这么好,我们终于可以放心了。
He throws Ren’s Mom a subtle look and she quickly slips off the GOLD BRACELET she’s wearing on her wrist.
他向任的妈妈投去一个暗示性的目光,她立刻把手腕上的金手镯悄悄摘了下来。

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Yingzi, this is for you. My grandfather gave it to my grandmother on their engagement. Now it’s my gift to you; welcome to our family!
英子,这个是给你的。我的祖父在和祖母订婚时送给她的。现在我把它作为礼物送给你,欢迎成为我们家的一员!
Yingzi is lost for words; overwhelmed by Ren’s parents’ unexpected kindness.
英子无言以对,感动于任父母出乎意料的善意。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

Yingzi, you look exhausted and tomorrow will be a busy day. You should rest early tonight.
英子,你看上去很疲惫,明天会很忙,今晚最好早点休息。

(turns to Ren)  (转向 Ren)
Let your Mom rest too. We can take care of the clean-up.
让妈妈也休息一下,我们来收拾残局。
Ren’s Mom rises from the table, turning to Yingzi…
仁妈妈从桌边站起身,转向英子……

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Come. I’ll take you to bed. Your ‘wedding house’ has been ready for a while.
来,我带你去睡觉。你的“新婚房”已经准备好了。

100 INT. BEDROOM/WEDDING HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
100 室内。卧室/婚礼场地 - 连续场景

Ren stands outside the door facing down his Mom who’s blocking his entry.
任站在门外,面对挡住他进门的妈妈。

REN  人名(音译)

…it’s my wedding house too. And she’s my bride!
……这也是我的婚房,她是我的新娘!

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

Not yet she isn’t. Tonight she’ll share her bed with me. Go on! Scat! Dream of what you have to look forward to.
还不是。今晚她会和我一起睡。走开!快走!去梦见你未来的期待吧。

YINGZI  英子

(to Ren)  (对任说)
At least I I II won’t have to listen to you snore.
至少 I I II 不用忍受你打鼾的声音。
Ren’s Mom gently takes Yingzi’s hand and escorts her inside.
任妈妈轻轻握着英子的手,陪她走进屋里。

101 INT. 'WEDDING HOUSE' BEDROOM - LATER THAT NIGHT
101 室内。‘婚礼屋’卧室 - 当晚深夜

In the half-light, the two women speak softly together as they lay in the large, old-fashioned bed.
在昏暗的光线下,两位女性躺在一张宽大古老的床上,轻声细语。

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

…is that really true?
……那真的是真的吗?

YINGZI  英子

I don’t even like chilis, but they do keep me awake. I learned it from Ren. Then one night I rubbed my eyes after popping one. Big mistake! I drove with one eye streaming tears for sixty miles!
我其实不太喜欢辣椒,但它们确实能让我保持清醒。这是我从 Ren 那里学来的。可是有一晚我吃了一个辣椒后揉了揉眼睛,结果大错特错!我一只眼睛泪流不止,开了六十英里的车!

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

It can’t be easy doing a man’s job.
做男人的工作肯定不轻松。

YINGZI  英子

I love being on the road. Besides, I need to make money.
我喜欢在路上奔波,而且我还得赚钱。

REN'S MOM  仁的母亲

If you want to keep working I’ll take care of your kids and if ever gets too much - just come home. After all, money’s not everything.
如果你想继续工作,我会帮你照顾孩子,遇到压力太大时随时回家。毕竟,金钱不是生活的全部。
Ren’s Mom reaches across the bed to gently squeeze Yingzi’s hand.
任妈妈伸手越过床,温柔地握住英子的手。

YINGZI  英子

You’ve been so kind to me. And I don’t want to lie to you, so,
你对我一直很善良,我不想骗你,所以,

(a deep breath)  (深吸一口气)
actually, I was married before and I have a child. A beautiful little girl.
其实,我以前结过婚,有一个可爱的女儿。

102 EXT. YARD, REN FAMILY HOUSE - EARLY MORNING
102 外景,任家院子 - 清晨

In the yard, the special COOK and his HELPERS are all sitting around smoking. The groceries, tableware and chairs for the banquet have been unloaded, but they’re scattered everywhere, and no one is working.
院子里,特别厨师和他的帮手们正围坐着抽烟。宴会所需的杂货、餐具和椅子已经卸下来,但散落一地,没人动手整理。
Ren’s father squats beside the door, smoking as Ren walks out, stretching, having just wakened up.
任的父亲蹲在门边抽烟,任刚醒来走出来,伸了个懒腰。

REN  人名(音译)

Mom and Yingzi are sleeping late?
妈妈和英子睡得这么晚吗?

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

(shrugs)  (耸了耸肩)
Your Mom was up at dawn. She went to her sister’s place.
你妈妈一大早就起床,去了她姐姐家。

REN  人名(音译)

(surprised)  (吃惊)
This morning? So why are all those guys sitting around? Seems kinda late to start preparing a banquet.
今天早上?那为什么那些人还坐在那里?准备宴会好像有点晚了。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

We’ll send everything back later.
我们稍后会把所有东西寄回给你。

REN  人名(音译)

Back where? Don’t we have sixty folks showing up for lunch?
回哪里?我们不是有六十个人要来吃午饭吗?

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

No, Ren. We don’t! You had the gall to let us invite people. But you didn’t have the guts to tell us the truth!
不,Ren,我们没有!你竟然敢让我们去邀请别人,却没有勇气告诉我们真相!

(off Ren’s shock)  (任震惊的表情)
You bring this second-hand thing home to meet your family? How can we ever hold our heads up in this village after this?
你居然把这破旧的东西带回家给家人看?以后我们在村里还怎么抬得起头?

REN  人名(音译)

Dad, it’s not what you think.
爸爸,事情不是你想的那样。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

What I think doesn’t matter. It’s your Mother that matters - and she thinks this girl is using you.
我的看法不重要,重要的是你的母亲——她觉得这个女孩在利用你。

REN  人名(音译)

Using me? How? For what?
利用我?怎么利用?为了什么目的?

DAD  爸爸

This is your Mom we’re talking about. There doesn’t have to be a ‘for what’. She’s worried she’ll lose face.
我们说的是你妈妈,不需要问“为什么”。她只是担心会丢面子。

REN  人名(音译)

With who?  和谁一起?

DAD  爸爸

Her damn family, who else? You think they’ll ever let her forget her daughter-in-law’s shame?
她那该死的家人,还有谁?你觉得他们会让她忘记儿媳带来的耻辱吗?

REN  人名(音译)

So talk to her. Can’t you talk some sense into her?
那就跟她好好谈谈,难道你不能让她明白点道理吗?

DAD  爸爸

You really have been away too long. She cried all fucking night and when the sun came up, she was gone.
你真的离开太久了。她整晚哭得撕心裂肺,天一亮,她就走了。

REN  人名(音译)

But Yingzi’s kid is with her ex’s familt. She won’t be coming to our house.
但是英子的孩子跟她前夫的家人在一起,她不会来我们家。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

Stop lying, Ren! She told you Mom everything. You’re going to help her get the kid back?
别再撒谎了,Ren!她已经把一切都告诉妈妈了。你真的打算帮她把孩子带回来吗?
Ren hears the door behind him creak open. He turns to see Yingzi, wearing her backpack, gazing at him unhappily.
任听到身后的门吱呀一声开了。他转身看到背着背包的英子,正不高兴地看着他。
Without a word she steps outside, heading for Ren’s truck. She climbs in, closes the door and sits motionless, waiting.
她一言不发地走到外面,走向 Ren 的卡车。她爬上车,关上车门,静静地坐着,等待着。

REN'S DAD  仁的父亲

If you’re raising another man’s kid, Ren, don’t ever set foot in this house again.
如果你在养别人的孩子,Ren,别再踏进这所房子了。

103 INT. REN'S TRUCK, COUNTRY ROADS - EVENING
103 内景。任的卡车行驶在乡村道路上 - 傍晚

Ren drives in awkward silence, heading back to the highway, along winding rural roads.
任沉默中开车,沿着曲折的乡村道路驶回高速公路。

REN  人名(音译)

Didn’t I tell you to give me time? Why couldn’t you control yourself?
我不是让你给我点时间吗?你怎么就控制不住自己了?

YINGZI  英子

You never intended to bring Xiaoyu back in the first place. You were lying to me all along.
你根本没打算把小雨带回来,一直都在骗我。

REN  人名(音译)

About what? Things only got messed up 'cause you didn’t trust me!
什么事?事情之所以变糟,全是因为你不信任我!

YINGZI  英子

I don’t understand you! Which of your words are true and which are lies?
我不明白你!你说的哪些是真的,哪些是假的?

REN  人名(音译)

What’s true is that I want to marry you. But what’s also true is that I don’t want to hurt my folks.
事实是我想娶你,但我也不想伤害我的家人。

YINGZI  英子

Neither do I.  我也是。

REN  人名(音译)

They’re old, it’s normal for them to have different ideas. Can’t you try to understand them?
他们年纪大了,想法不同是很正常的。你能不能试着理解他们呢?

YINGZI  英子

I’m not blaming them, I I II know it’s not their fault.
我不是在责怪他们, I I II 明白这并不是他们的错。

REN  人名(音译)

I promise you, if you can wait, I’ll convince them.
我保证,只要你能等,我一定会说服他们。

YINGZI  英子

No you won’t, Ren. Besides, I can’t wait. I want my daughter back now.
不,你不会的,Ren。而且我等不及了,我现在就想要我的女儿回来。

REN  人名(音译)

Is this relationship worth nothing? After all the time we’ve spent together, all the promises we made? Will you throw everything away for your daughter?
这段感情难道一文不值吗?我们一起度过了那么多时光,许下了那么多承诺,你真的会为了女儿而放弃一切吗?

YINGZI  英子

If it means telling lies about who I really am. Yes, Ren. I will.
如果这意味着要对我的真实身份撒谎。是的,Ren,我会这么做。
Yingzi’s words land on Ren like hammer blows. Leaving him stunned into silence.
英子的话如同重锤击打在仁的心头,使他震惊得一时说不出话来。

YINGZI  英子

Pull over. Stop the truck.
靠边停车,停下卡车。

REN  人名(音译)

Don’t be ridiculous.  别傻了。

YINGZI  英子

Stop the fucking truck, Ren.
Ren,快把卡车停下来。

REN  人名(音译)

You’re not serious? We’re on a highway.
你不是认真的吗?我们现在是在高速公路上。

YINGZI  英子

Do I look like I give a damn? We’re done.
我看起来会在乎吗?我们结束了。

(screams)  (尖叫声)
Let me out of here!
让我离开这里!

104 EXT. HIGHWAY - MILES FROM ANYWHERE
104 外景。高速公路 - 偏远地区的某处

Ren’s truck pulls off down the highway, REVEALING Yingzi, alone by the side of the road, shivering in the biting wind.
任的卡车驶离公路,镜头展现出英子独自站在路边,瑟瑟发抖,忍受着刺骨的寒风。

YINGZI  英子

(speed dials)  (快速拨号)
Lingling? It’s me. Long story short I could really use a friend right now. Can you find me a ride? I need to come home.
玲玲?是我。长话短说,我现在真的很需要朋友。你能帮我找个车送我回家吗?

105 EXT. REPAIR SHOP, FAST FREIGHT - DAY
105 外景。快运修理厂 - 白天

Yingzi & Lingling emerge from the repair shop amidst a cascading SHOWER OF SPARKS from the arc-welder.
英子和玲玲走出修理店,周围弥漫着电弧焊机喷射的火花雨。

LINGLING  玲玲

That’s the damnedest story I’ve heard in years. Has he called you?
这是我这些年听过的最奇怪的故事。他有给你打电话吗?
Yingzi shakes her head.
英子摇了摇头。

LINGLING  玲玲

He probably hasn’t a clue what to do.
他大概不知道该怎么办。

YINGZI  英子

I’m really sorry for being so much trouble. If you think I’m not cut out for this job, I’m ready to quit.
非常抱歉给您添了这么多麻烦。如果您觉得我不适合这份工作,我愿意辞职。

LINGLING  玲玲

And let this beat you? Is your kid still living at home?
你就这么被打败了?你的孩子还住在家里吗?

YINGZI  英子

It’s not a home, it’s a prison.
这里不是家,而是监狱。

LINGLING  玲玲

I had Lao Wang bring your truck back. So use it.
我让老王把你的卡车开回来了,你就用它吧。

(tosses her a set of keys)
(把一串钥匙扔给她)

Go visit your kid, then take a little time to think. If you really want this you can still make it happen.
去看看你的孩子,然后花点时间好好想想。如果你真的想要这件事,依然有机会实现。

YINGZI  英子

You’d do all of that for me?
你真的会为我做这些吗?

LINGLING  玲玲

Like I said; we’re nothing if we’re not a family.
就像我说的,如果我们不是一家人,那我们就一无所有。
Yingzi nods, standing up to leave.
颖子点了点头,站起身准备离开。

LINGLING  玲玲

One more thing. Seems to me Ren wasn’t such a bad guy. Maybe give him a little time to think too?
还有一件事,我觉得 Ren 其实没那么坏。也许可以给他一点时间,让他好好想想?

106 EXT/INT. SMALL PRIMARY SCHOOL, RURAL TOWN - DAY
106 外景/内景。乡村小学校园 - 白天

SOUNDS (OS) of children reciting their lessons drift across the schoolyard as Yingzi enters the school, searching the unfamiliar corridors, peeking into CLASSROOMS, until…
孩子们朗诵课文的声音在操场上回荡,迎子走进学校,四处寻找陌生的走廊,偷偷望进教室,直到……
She stops at an open door and peers inside; instantly recognising Xiaoyu; a pretty GIRL in a class of 5-year-olds.
她停在一扇敞开的门前,向里看去,立刻认出了小雨——一个五岁班里漂亮的女孩。
SEEING her daughter for the first time in years takes Yingzi’s breath away. Tears well up in her eyes. She crouches in the hallway, trying to hold back her sobs.
多年未见女儿,英子看到她时心头一紧,眼眶湿润。她蹲在走廊上,努力抑制着哭泣。
Then the RECESS BELL rings, and as the children emerge from their classroom… Yingzi stops the first two LITTLE GIRLS.
课间铃声响起,孩子们走出教室时,英子拦住了前面两个小女孩。

YINGZI  英子

Excuse me, could you call Xiaoyu out for me?
请问,你能帮我叫小雨出来一下吗?

LITTLE GIRL  小女孩

(turns around)  (转过身)
Xiaoyu! Someone’s looking for you!
小优!有人找你呢!
As soon as Xiaoyu appears, Yingzi immediately pulls her into a tight embrace, unable to control her tears.
小雨一出现,英子立刻紧紧抱住她,泪水忍不住流了下来。

XIAOYU  小雨

Auntie, why are you crying?
阿姨,你怎么哭了?

YINGZI  英子

Because the last time we met you were a teeny, tiny baby. Can you guess who I am?
因为我们上次见面时你还只是个小小的宝宝。你能猜出我是谁吗?

(Xiaoyu shakes her head)
(小雨摇了摇头)

I’m your mom!  我是你妈妈!
A crowd of children gather around them, eager to know what’s happening as Xiaoyu reaches up to wipe away Yingzi’s tears.
一群孩子围了过来,急切地想知道发生了什么,这时小雨伸手擦去了英子的眼泪。

107 EXT. SCHOOL GATES - DAY
107 外景,学校大门 - 白天

Outside the gates Yingzi pauses to regain her composure. It’s then that she hears…
英子在门外停下脚步,调整情绪。就在这时,她听到了……

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

Look what the wind blew in!
看看风带来了什么!
Guiru emerges from a small cluster of GRANDPARENTS.
贵如从一小群老人中走了出来。

GUIRU  贵儒

So you saw her?
你看到她了吗?

YINGZI  英子

I can’t ever thank you enough for what you did. She’s perfect.
我怎么感谢你都不为过,她真的很完美。

GUIRU  贵儒

I was wondering why she didn’t show up at recess. I brought her a snack.
我一直在想她为什么没来课间休息,我还给她带了点零食。

YINGZI  英子

I was praying if I I II bumped into anyone, it would be you.
我当时祈祷,如果 I I II 撞到人,希望那个人是你。

108 EXT. SNACK STAND - CONTINUOUS
108 外景。小吃摊 - 紧接着的镜头

Guiru & Yingzi sit drinking bubble tea in the shade of a tree.
贵儒和英子坐在树荫下,悠闲地喝着珍珠奶茶。

YINGZI  英子

I’m so ashamed of what I did.
我为自己所做的事情感到非常羞愧。

GUIRU  贵儒

Xiaoyu wasn’t the only one with a lot of growing up to do. At least you kept your word. Those Red Packets couldn’t have been easy.
小雨并不是唯一一个需要成长的人。至少你信守了诺言。那些红包肯定不容易发。

YINGZI  英子

Does Feng do anything for her?
冯会为她做些什么吗?
Giuru shoots her a “you’ve got to be kidding” look.
Giuru 用一种“你肯定是在开玩笑吧”的眼神看着她。

YINGZI  英子

So nothing has changed.
所以一切依旧如故。

GUIRU  贵儒

No, lots of things changed after Chang Fushun passed last winter.
不,张福顺去年冬天去世后,很多事情都变了。

YINGZI  英子

He’s gone? What happened?
他走了?发生了什么事?

GUIRU  贵儒

He was a smoker. Who’s to say it’s not for the best?
他以前吸烟,谁又能说这不是件好事呢?

YINGZI  英子

Why didn’t you let me know?
你怎么没早点告诉我?

GUIRU  贵儒

(shrugs)  (耸了耸肩)
Would it have made a difference? Remember, Feng’s his father’s son. (a beat)
这会有什么不同吗?记住,冯是他父亲的儿子。(停顿)

How about you? Has life been treating you well?
你怎么样?生活对你还好吗?

YINGZI  英子

By the end of this year I’ll have saved 60,000 yuan. That should be enough - even for Feng.
到今年年底,我将存下六万元。这笔钱应该足够了——即使是给凤也够用。
Yingzi pulls a SOFT LAMB TOY from her bag, hands it to Guiru.
英子从包里拿出一个柔软的羊羔玩具,递给桂如。

YINGZI  英子

I was so emotional earlier I forgot to give it to her.
我刚才情绪太激动,忘了交给她。
As she stands to leave, these two kindred spirits briefly hug farewell.
她起身准备离开时,这两位志趣相投的朋友短暂地拥抱道别。

YINGZI  英子

Tell her to wait for me, Guiuru. I will be back to pick her up.
告诉她等我,Guiuru。我会回来接她的。

109 INT. CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - EARLY EVENING
109 室内。张家 - 傍晚时分

Feng walks in unsteadily to find the house silent and empty. It’s clear he’s had more than a few drinks.
冯踉踉跄跄地走进屋内,发现房子里静悄悄的,空无一人。显然他喝了不少酒。

FENG  

(shouts)  (大声喊)
Ma? Anybody home?  妈,家里有人吗?
A small VOICE calls out from somewhere upstairs.
楼上传来一个小小的声音。

XIAOYU (O.S.)  小雨(旁白)

Nainai’s not home. It’s Mah Jong night!
奶奶不在家,今晚是打麻将的时间!
Feng listens more carefully, HEARING Xiaoyu, who seems to be talking to somebody.
冯更加专心地听着,听见小雨好像在和别人交谈。

110 EXT. ROOF, CHANG HOUSE - DAY
110 外景。张家屋顶 - 白天

Feng lingers in the doorway quietly listening to Xiaoyu explaining TOMATOES to a new friend.
冯静静地站在门口,听小雨给新朋友讲解番茄的知识。

XIAOYU  小雨

Not too little, not too much. Tomatoes get thirsty too, just like people.
不多也不少,番茄也会渴,就像人一样。

FENG (O.S.)  冯(旁白)

Did you grow ‘em yourself or did Nainai help you?
这是你自己种的,还是奶奶帮你种的?
Xiaoyu turns to see Feng stepping on to the roof.
小雨转头看到凤正走上屋顶。

XIAOYU  小雨

I grew them all by myself. I’m the boss of me. Do you like tomatoes?
这些都是我自己种的。我是自己的主人。你喜欢吃西红柿吗?

FENG  

Everybody likes tomatoes.
大家都喜欢西红柿。

XIAOYU  小雨

This one’s the reddest.
这是最鲜红的一个。
She plucks a small, ripe tomato from the vine.
她从藤蔓上摘下一颗小巧熟透的番茄。

XIAOYU  小雨

Want to try?  想要试一试吗?
Feng chews in silence, watching Xiaoyu watering her plants.
冯默默地嚼着东西,注视着小雨给植物浇水。

XIAOYU  小雨

Sweet and yummy, right?  甜甜的,好吃吧?
(off his appreciative nod)
(他感激地微微点头)

Nainai says when you’re sad you should eat something sweet.
奶奶说,当你难过的时候,应该吃点甜食。

FENG  

But I’m not sad.
可我并不难过。

XIAOYU  小雨

Are you sure? Nainai says that’s why you drink so much? 'Cause some lady dumped you.
你确定吗?奶奶说你喝这么多酒就是因为被哪个女人甩了。
Feng’s eyes bug out. He practically chokes on his tomato.
冯瞪大了眼睛,差点被嘴里的番茄噎住。

FENG  

She said that?  她真的说了?

XIAOYU  小雨

Is drinking fun?  喝酒好玩吗?

FENG  

Not really.  不是的。

XIAOYU  小雨

Would you like to stroke my Lamby? It’s nice. Like touching happiness.
你想摸摸我的小羊羔吗?它很温顺,摸起来就像触碰幸福一样。

FENG  

Nainai bought you a new toy?
奶奶给你买新玩具了吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

He’s not a toy, he’s a friend. A present from my Momma.
他不是玩具,而是朋友,是妈妈送给我的礼物。
Feng’s too stunned to react. His expression darkens.
冯震惊得说不出话来,脸色变得阴沉。

FENG  

Your Momma? She was here?
你妈妈?她来过这儿吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

No, silly. At school. Everybody said she was pretty. And Lamby came with her!
不,傻瓜,是在学校。大家都说她很漂亮,Lamby 也跟她一起来了!

(noticing his mood change)
(察觉到他的情绪变化)

Are you still hungry? There’s lots more…
你还饿吗?这里还有很多食物……
Feng seems to have stopped hearing anything.
冯似乎已经听不到任何声音了。

XIAOYU  小雨

I bet if Lamby had been your friend that lady wouldn’t have kicked you out?
我敢打赌,如果 Lamby 是你的朋友,那位女士就不会把你赶走了吧?
Feng is struggling to suppress his rage when he HEARS…
冯正努力控制自己的愤怒,这时他听到了……

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

Hi, Xiaoyu. Sorry I’m late!
嗨,小雨,抱歉我来晚了!

111 INT. KITCHEN, CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
111 内景,厨房,常家 - 连续镜头

GUIRU  贵儒

Hurry and finish up. It’s way past your bedtime.
快点收拾好,该睡觉了,已经很晚了。
But as she’s calling upstairs Feng angrily stumbles into the kitchen, and gets directly in her face.
正当她在楼上喊叫时,冯怒气冲冲地跌跌撞撞走进厨房,直接挡在她面前。

FENG  

You let that bitch see my kid? Xiaoyu told me everything.
你竟然让那个女人见了我的孩子?小雨什么都告诉我了。
Guiru stays calm, cautious not to enrage him further.
贵如保持冷静,谨慎行事,避免激怒他。

GUIRU  贵儒

So you know I did nothing of the sort. Yingzi visited Xiaoyu at school.
所以你知道我根本没做那种事。英子去学校看望了小雨。

FENG  

Don’t lie to me, the bitch wants to take Xiaoyu away!
别骗我,那个女人想把小雨带走!

GUIRU  贵儒

Lower your voice and stop being ridiculous! What’s wrong with a kid being with her mother?
小声点,别这么荒唐!孩子和妈妈在一起有什么不对吗?

FENG  

Everything! She abandoned us! Where is she? Where is she NOW?
一切都没了!她抛下我们不管了!她到底在哪儿?她现在到底在哪儿?

GUIRU  贵儒

How should I know? She left hours ago. But she’ll be back. With the money you and your Dad agreed to.
我怎么会知道?她几个小时前就出去了,但她会回来的,带着你和你爸商量好的钱。

FENG  

To hell with her fucking money. Xiaoyu’s my blood, she’s all I’ve got. She stays here with me.
去他妈的她那该死的钱。小雨是我的亲人,是我唯一的依靠。她会留在这里陪着我。

GUIRU  贵儒

Not if her Mom goes to the law she isn’t. They’ll say Xiaoyu needs a real parent. Not a drunk who can barely remember her name.
如果她妈妈去找法律帮忙,他们会说小雨需要一个真正的家长,而不是一个连自己名字都快记不住的酒鬼。
Feng sways unsteadily. In his eyes we SEE PANIC. Then in the doorway…
冯踉跄着站立,眼中充满了恐慌。就在这时,门口出现了……

XIAOYU  小雨

Me and Lamby gave Daddy our best tomato. And after he ate it he wasn’t even sad anymore.
我和 Lamby 把我们最好的番茄给了爸爸。爸爸吃了之后,心情也好了起来。
This is too much! Feng howls with rage and storms out of the house. Moments later his MOTORBIKE roars off down the hill.
“这太过分了!”冯怒吼着,愤怒地冲出房子。几分钟后,他的摩托车轰鸣着飞驰下山坡。

XIAOYU  小雨

He should eat more tomatoes.
他应该多吃些西红柿。

112 INT. BAR - NIGHT
112 室内酒吧 - 夜晚

Alone at his regular table Feng stares at his CELL PHONE as if he’s looking for answers.
冯独自坐在他常坐的桌子旁,盯着手机,仿佛在寻找答案。
Without asking, the BARTENDER delivers a fresh COLD BEER and clears away several empties.
酒保没有多问,直接送来一杯冰镇啤酒,并收拾了几瓶空瓶。
And as he strolls off…
他一边走开,一边…

BARTENDER  酒吧调酒师

Whoever it is, Feng. Quit staring at your phone and make the damn call.
不管是谁,冯,别老盯着手机看了,赶快打那个电话。
So Feng hits his SPEED DIAL.
冯按下了他的快速拨号键。

FENG  

Hey, bro! I’ve got a major situation. I need a favour.
嘿,哥们!我遇到大麻烦了,能帮我个忙吗?

113 INT. XIAOYU'S BEDROOM - MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
113 小雨的卧室 - 深夜

Wearing an OVERCOAT, GOGGLES and A CRASH HELMET Feng shakes Xiaoyu awake.
冯穿着大衣、戴着护目镜和安全头盔,摇醒了小雨。

XIAOYU  小雨

(drowsily)  (迷迷糊糊地)
Why are you dressed like a spaceman?
你为什么穿成宇航员的样子?

FENG  

Hush! I’ve got a surprise for you. You’re going on vacation. To the best place in the world.
嘘!我有个惊喜告诉你。你要去度假,去世界上最棒的地方。

XIAOYU  小雨

But I’m sleepy. Can I go tomorrow?
我困了,可以让我明天去吗?

FENG  

Shhhh! It is tomorrow.
嘘!明天就是了。

XIAOYU  小雨

Will there be roller-coasters?
这里会有过山车吗?
He leans down and hands her a coat.
他弯腰把一件外套递给她。

FENG  

Here, put this on. You need to dress warm.
把这个穿上,记得要穿暖和点。

XIAOYU  小雨

Ooof! Stinky breath.  哎呀,口气真难闻。

FENG  

Quit complaining. You’ll like this place a lot.
别再抱怨了,你会非常喜欢这里的。

XIAOYU  小雨

I shan’t like it if there’s no roller coasters. Can I bring Nainai?
如果没有过山车,我可不喜欢。 我能带奶奶一起去吗?

FENG  

Nainai’s sleeping.  奶奶在睡觉。

XIAOYU  小雨

( grumpy)  (脾气不好)
So was I.  我也是这样。

114 EXT. CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - NIGHT
114 外景,张家住宅 - 夜晚

Xiaoyu is lifted on to the back of Feng’s MOTORBIKE.
小雨被扶上了冯的摩托车后座。

FENG  

Hold on to my belt.
握紧我的安全带。
And with Xiaoyu clinging to him, Feng rides into the night.
小雨紧紧依偎着他,凤骑着车驶入夜幕。

115 EXT. MONTAGE, GUIRU'S SMALL TOWN - DAWN
115 外景蒙太奇,桂如的小镇 - 清晨

Various POVs of Guiru’s SMALL COUNTRY TOWN WAKING UP as NIGHT MELTS into the brittle light of DAWN.
从不同视角看,贵儒这个小乡镇在夜色消退、黎明微光初现时渐渐苏醒。

116 INT. CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - DAWN
116 内景。常家住宅 - 拂晓

After drinking all night Feng stumbles through the front door to face the quiet fury of his Mother.
喝了一整夜酒后,冯摇摇晃晃地走进家门,迎接他母亲无声的怒火。

GUIRU  贵儒

Where is she?  她在哪儿?

FENG  

She? Who?  她?是谁?

GUIRU  贵儒

What have you done with our little girl?
你把我们的小女孩变成了什么样子?

FENG  

Our little girl? My kid is my business. And if I can’t have her…
我们的小女孩?孩子是我的心头肉。如果我得不到她……

GUIRU  贵儒

…don’t test me, Feng. I’ll go to the Police if I have to.
……别惹我,冯。必要的话,我会去报警的。

FENG  

Do it! Go! I swear to God you’ll be kissing that kid goodbye.
快点!走!我发誓你会亲那个孩子道别的。

117 EXT/INT. LADIES ROOM, TRUCK STOP - DAWN
117 外景/内景。女士洗手间,卡车停靠区 - 清晨

Yingzi walks across the parking lot carrying her soap and towel. She’s walks into the ladies room when she her phone starts to ring…
英子拿着肥皂和毛巾穿过停车场,正走进女厕所时,手机突然响了起来……

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

Hi, Guiru. You’re an early bird. Can you give me ten minutes, This is kind of a bad time.
嗨,贵儒。你真早啊。你能给我十分钟时间吗?现在有点不太方便。
But then, as she listens, her VOICE gradually darkens.
但是,当她听着时,声音渐渐变得沉重起来。
YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)
(yells)  (大声喊)
I don’t give a damn if he’s family! Call the cops. Let them beat it out of him! I’ll call them myself…
我才不管他是不是家人!叫警察来,让他们好好教训他!我自己会打电话给他们……
INTERCUT:  画面交叉切换:

GUIRU  贵儒

No, Yingzi don’t! It won’t help. Feng’s her father. What can they do?
不,英子别这样!这没用的。冯是她爸爸,他们能做什么呢?

YINGZI  英子

We can’t let him get away with this.
我们不能让他就这样逍遥法外。

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

We won’t. Can you turn around and get back here? Feng is like his Dad; angry and impulsive. If we push him he could do something stupid.
我们不会那样做。你能转身回来吗?冯像他爸爸一样,脾气急躁又冲动。如果我们逼他,他可能会做出愚蠢的事。

YINGZI  英子

He already did something stupid.
他已经干了件傻事。

GUIRU  贵儒

Which is why he needs to stew in his own guilt for a while.
所以他得好好地为自己的内疚感受一段时间。

YINGZI  英子

How much of a while?
要多久?

GUIRU  贵儒

Just long enough for me to nose around.
只是让我能稍微四处看看。
After Giuru hangs up, Yingzi presses harder on the gas pedal.
吉鲁挂断电话后,英子更加用力地踩下油门。

118 EXt. VARIOUS LOCATIONS, SMALL TOWN - DAY
118 外景。小镇多个地点 - 白天

MONTAGE OF BRIEF ENCOUNTERS. Guiru pedals her bike around town, questioning Store Owners, School Kids, Delivery Guys.
一系列简短的相遇画面。Guiru 骑着自行车穿梭在城镇中,向店主、学生和送货员打听情况。
After a discouraging morning of blank looks and shaking heads, she stops for tea at a TINY FOOD STAND.
经过一个令人沮丧的早晨,面对空洞的目光和摇头,她在一个小小的食品摊停下来喝茶。

VENDOR  供货商

…it was early. I’d just opened up. The guy bought her baozi. She sat over there eating & freezing her ass off while they did their business.
……那时候还早,我刚开门。那个男人给她买了包子。她坐在那边一边吃着,一边冻得直发抖,而他们则忙着自己的事情。

GUIRU  贵儒

Who was he talking to?
他在跟谁说话?

VENDOR  供货商

Some guy in a fancy Jeep. Money changed hands. Then the ‘Jeep Guy’ drove off with the kid in the back.
有个男人开着一辆豪华的吉普车,钱已经交接完毕。随后,“吉普车男”带着后座的孩子开车离开了。

119 EXT. BUSY STREET, SMALL TOWN - MORNING
119 外景。小镇繁忙的街道 - 早晨

GUIRU wobbles as she pedals uphill, talking on her phone.
GUIRU 一边骑车上坡,一边打电话,车身摇摇晃晃。

GUIRU  贵儒

She was cold, but she was fine, Feng bought her breakfast.
她感到寒冷,但没关系,冯给她买了早餐。

YINGZI  英子

Then the bastard sold her! We have to call the Cops.
那个混蛋竟然把她卖了!我们得赶紧报警。

120 INT. YINGZI'S CABIN - MORNING
120 室内。英子的木屋 - 早晨

GUIRU (O.S.)  GUIRU(旁白)

No! Listen to me. I know Feng. The police can only make things worse. We need someone he trusts to talk to him.
不!听我说,我认识冯。警察只会让情况更糟。我们需要找一个他信任的人去跟他谈谈。
Close to tears Yingzi hangs up and presses harder on the gas. But as her speed increases, her face slowly transforms as she weighs her options - and after a while she has an idea.
英子眼眶含泪,挂断电话后更加用力地踩下油门。随着车速的提升,她的表情逐渐坚定,开始权衡各种选择——过了一会儿,她终于想出了一个办法。
She exits the highway, rapidly turns her truck around and heads back in the opposite direction.
她从高速公路出口驶出,迅速掉头,朝相反方向开去。

121 INT. REN'S TRUCK, PARKING LOT - CONTINUOUS
121 内景,任的卡车内,停车场 - 连续镜头

Behind his flimsy ‘privacy curtain’ Ren lies in his BUNK mindlessly scrolling short videos when his phone buzzes.
Ren 躺在他那简陋的“隐私帘”后,心不在焉地刷着短视频,突然手机响了起来。
He glances at the Caller I.D., groans and picks up.
他看了看来电显示,叹了口气,然后接了电话。

REN  人名(音译)

(on his phone)  (他正在用手机)
There’s nothing left to say so don’t even start.
没什么好说的了,别再说了。

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

No, Ren. There’s a lot to say. I’m losing my mind.
不,Ren,我有很多话想说。我快要崩溃了。

REN  人名(音译)

Your mind and where you lose it is not my problem anymore.
你的想法和你迷失的地方已经不再是我的问题。
Ren irritably hangs up then, just moments later the THUNDEROUS BLAST of an AIR HORN scares him half to death.
Ren 恼怒地挂断电话,没过多久,一声震耳欲聋的空气喇叭声把他吓得半死。
Whipping aside his privacy curtain he looks outside and freezes - as though he’s seen a ghost.
他掀开隐私帘子向外望去,顿时愣住了——仿佛看见了鬼一样。
YINGZI IS PARKED DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HIM, her pleading face stares at him through his windscreen.
英子就停在他面前,她那恳求的表情透过挡风玻璃看着他。

REN  人名(音译)

(yells)  (大声喊)
What! Are you stalking me? How did you even find me?
什么!你在跟踪我吗?你到底是怎么找到我的?

122 INT. REN'S TRUCK CABIN - DAY
122 内景。任的卡车驾驶室 - 白天

YINGZI  英子

I checked your WeChat posts, then I chewed the biggest chili in the bag and drove for hours, I searched ten rest areas before I go here. Ren please, don’t turn me away. I don’t know what to do or who to turn to.
我看了你的微信动态,接着吃了包里最辣的辣椒,开了好几个小时的车,来这里之前还找了十个休息区。仁,请不要拒绝我,我真的不知道该怎么办,也不知道还能找谁帮忙。

REN  人名(音译)

What happened?  出了什么事?

YINGZI  英子

Feng got rid of Xiaoyu.
冯把小雨甩开了。

REN  人名(音译)

‘Got rid’? What does that even mean?
“Got rid”是什么意思啊?

(she bursts into tears)
(她忍不住哭了出来)

Yingzi. Take a breath. Tell me what happened.
英子,先深呼吸一下,告诉我到底发生了什么。

123 EXT. GUIRU'S SMALL HOMETOWN - NIGHT
123 外景。贵儒的小镇 - 夜晚

In Ren’s Truck, he & Yingzi cruise slowly down MAIN STREET with Guiru huddled on the bunk behind them.
在任的卡车里,他和英子缓缓地沿着主街行驶,桂如蜷缩在他们身后的铺位上。

GUIRU  贵儒

(pointing)  (用手指着)
Over there. Feng’s second home.
就在那里,冯的第二个家。
Ren pulls up across the street from a small hole-in-the-wall BAR & RESTAURANT.
任把车停在街对面一家不起眼的小酒吧和餐馆旁边。

REN  人名(音译)

Remind me again, why and we doing this and not the cops?
再跟我说说,为什么我们要做这件事,而不是让警察来处理?

GIURU  吉乌鲁

Because my son is crazy enough to do something rash.
因为我的儿子够疯狂,会做出一些冲动的事。

YINGZI  英子

And you’re way less scary than the cops.
你一点都不可怕,远不如警察吓人。

REN  人名(音译)

(heaves a sigh)  (长叹一声)
What kind of an asshole sells his own daughter?
有什么样的混蛋会把自己的女儿卖了?

YINGZI  英子

The kind that will do anything to stop me taking her. Please, Ren. Just have a drink with him.
她是那种会竭尽全力阻止我带走她的人。拜托,Ren,至少和他喝一杯吧。

REN  人名(音译)

The problem is, I don’t drink.
问题是,我不喝酒。

GUIRU  贵儒

You don’t drink anything?
你一点东西都不喝吗?

YINGZI  英子

What about all the Moutai at your folks’ place?
你们家里那些茅台酒怎么办?

REN  人名(音译)

That was water. I cheated. But okay, I’ll do my best. Just don’t expect too much.
那只是水而已,我作弊了。不过没关系,我会尽力的。别对我期望太高。
Ren jumps down from his Truck and strolls across to the bar.
任跳下卡车,悠闲地走向酒吧。

GUIRU  贵儒

Your boyfriend?  你说的是你的男朋友吗?

YINGZI  英子

My driving instructor.  我的驾校教练。

124 INT. BAR - DAY
124 号场景。酒吧内 - 白天

Ren orders a BEER and looks around. The place is deserted and dimly lit. The BARTENDER counts cash from the till, and Feng, the LONE CUSTOMER sits alone in a BOOTH near the back.
任点了一杯啤酒,环顾四周。这里空荡荡的,灯光昏暗。酒保正从收银机里数钱,唯一的顾客冯独自坐在后面一个包间里。

REN  人名(音译)

Hey, can I get some peanuts over here.
嘿,我能在这儿要点花生吗?

BARTENDER  酒吧调酒师

Coming right up.  马上就来。

REN  人名(音译)

Seems kinda slow today?
今天好像有点慢?

BARTENDER  酒吧调酒师

It’s kinda slow here every day. (lowers his voice)
这里每天都挺慢的。(压低声音)

I’d be screwed if it weren’t for my secret weapon.
要不是有我的秘密武器,我早就麻烦大了。
He nods towards Feng sitting in the shadows.
他朝坐在阴影里的冯点了点头。

BARTENDER  酒吧调酒师

If getting hammered was an Olympic Sport - he’d take the Gold.
如果喝酒比赛是奥运项目,他肯定能拿金牌。

(calls out)  (大声喊)
Hey, Feng! You wanna top up?
嘿,冯!你要充值吗?

FENG  

Sure! And peanuts! You told me you were out of peanuts.
当然!还有花生!你之前说你没花生了。
The bartender rolls his eyes as he pours two dishes of peanuts. Ren carries them across to Feng and sits down.
酒保翻了个白眼,倒了两盘花生。任端着花生走向冯,坐了下来。

REN  人名(音译)

Here you go, buddy. Let’s share.
给你,朋友。我们一起分享吧。
Feng squints at Ren’s famous smile and gives him a thumbs up.
冯眯着眼睛看着任那标志性的笑容,朝他竖起了大拇指。

FENG  

Thanks, Bro.  谢了,哥们。
(pours beer for Ren)
(给 Ren 倒啤酒)

You’re a good man.
你是个好人。

REN  人名(音译)

But I’m not much good with beer.
但我不太会喝啤酒。

FENG  

So we’ll switch to Baijiu? My treat.
那我们改喝白酒吧?我请你。

125 INT. FENG'S BOOTH, BAR - LATER
125 内景。冯的包间,酒吧 - 稍后时间

Ren shrugs reluctantly. And before long TWO EMPTY BAIJIU BOTTLES sit between them. Feng slurs his words as TWO SHOT GLASSES clink together…
任不情愿地耸了耸肩。不一会儿,两瓶空白酒就摆在他们中间。冯说话含糊,两个酒杯碰撞出清脆的响声……

FENG  

So, you’re new in town?
你是新搬到这个镇上吗?

REN  人名(音译)

My truck died. I’m stuck here 'till they fix it.
我的卡车坏了,只能在这里等修理了。

FENG  

I bet you’ve seen all kinds of stuff, right? Traveling here and there. Everywhere, really.
我敢打赌你见过各种各样的东西吧?到处旅行,走过很多地方。

REN  人名(音译)

Wherever they send me.
不管他们把我派到哪里。

FENG  

(a faraway look in his eyes) Sounds real nice.
(他眼神恍惚)听起来真不错。

REN  人名(音译)

I hear that a lot. But after a while this place looks pretty much like that place. And no place looks like home.
我经常听到这样的话,但时间一长,这个地方看起来和那个地方没什么两样。而且,没有哪个地方能像家一样让人感觉温暖。
TIME PASSES & TWO MORE EMPTY BOTTLES sit between Ren & Feng, who both seem totally wasted.
时间过去了,Ren 和 Feng 之间放着两个空瓶子,他们看起来都喝得酩酊大醉。

FENG  

Here’s to you, Bro’! For cheering up a sad man when he needed it most.
致你,兄弟!在他最需要的时候,给那个伤心的人带来欢笑。

REN  人名(音译)

How come?  为什么会这样?

FENG  

Family business. Nasty. I’d rather not say.
家族生意,有些糟糕,我宁愿不提。

REN  人名(音译)

(pours another shot)  (又倒了一杯)
Here. Take some of the hurt out.
给你,减轻一些痛苦。

FENG  

You ever been in love? Out-of-your-mind-bat-shit-crazy in love?
你有没有经历过那种疯狂到失去理智的爱情?

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah, once.  是的,只有一次。

FENG  

Same for me. Just once.
我也是。就一次而已。

REN  人名(音译)

Didn’t work out?  没有成功吗?

FENG  

(shakes his head, no)  (摇头,表示否定)
My fault. Can’t blame her.
是我的错,不能怪她。

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah, me too, I guess. Why are men such…
是啊,我也是。为什么男人总是这么……

FENG  

…assholes?  …混蛋?
They both grin ruefully as Ren pours another round.
仁倒满了新一轮酒,两人苦笑着对视。

FENG  

Mine was a fire-breathing MamaDragon.
我的妈妈像一条喷火的母龙。

REN  人名(音译)

Just like mine!  和我的一模一样!

FENG  

So I’m teaching her a lesson.
所以我是在给她上一课。

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah? How’s that?  是吗?怎么回事?

FENG  

(looking glum)  (神情忧郁)
My ‘ex’ wants to take my kid away, so now she’s really away.
我的“前任”想带走我的孩子,所以她现在真的离开了。

REN  人名(音译)

Your ‘ex’?  你的“前男友”?

FENG  

My kid. I got rid of my kid. Just gave her away.
我的孩子。我把她送走了,彻底放手了。

(melancholy smile)  (带着忧郁的微笑)
Am I a genius, or what?
我真是个天才,不是吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Depends. You know you could do jail time?
这得看情况。你知道你可能会被判入狱吗?

FEN

Yeah, I really screwed up!
是啊,我真是搞砸了!

(his eyes tear up)
(他的眼眶湿润了)

And the damnedest thing is; I never realised how much I’d miss the little pest.
真是奇怪,我从没意识到自己会这么想念这个小家伙。
And through his tears, Feng begins to SING.
泪水中,冯开始唱起歌来。

FENG  

Even if we fall, we rise as one side by side! Eyes on the glory ahead, we ain’t wasting no time. Shoulder to shoulder, we ride through the fight. That’s how real brothers roll, day & night!
即使跌倒,我们也会肩并肩地站起来!目光坚定地盯着前方的荣耀,我们绝不浪费一分一秒。肩并肩,我们共同奋战。这就是真正兄弟的作风,昼夜不息!

126 EXT. BAR - NIGHT
126 外景,酒吧 - 夜晚

It’s late by the time that Feng wobbles unsteadily out into the STREET. He follows Ren, giving him a heartfelt HUG.
天色已晚,冯摇摇晃晃地走到街上。他跟着任,真心地拥抱了他。

FENG  

Gonna miss you, buddy. I was feelin’ crappy about what she made me do until you came along and showed me it was okay! So, starting today you’re my secondbest buddy. You and my brother Baoliang are the only ones who matter now! Everyone else can screw off!
会想你的,兄弟。她让我做那些事的时候我心情很糟,直到你出现,告诉我没关系!所以,从今天起你是我第二好的朋友。你和我哥哥宝良是现在唯一重要的人!其他人都别管了!
He plants a sloppy kiss on Ren’s cheek then stumbles away, belting out his song at the top of his lungs.
他在 Ren 的脸颊上随意地亲了一下,接着跌跌撞撞地走开,放声高唱着他的歌。
Ren grimaces, wiping his cheek with his sleeve.
仁皱着眉头,用袖子擦了擦脸颊。

127 EXT/INT REN'S TRUCK - CONTINUOUS
127 号场景 外景/内景 任的卡车 - 连续拍摄

Ren FINDS Yingzi squished and hiding out of sight.
任发现英子被挤在一边,躲在看不见的地方。

REN  人名(音译)

Get up, he’s gone.
快起床,他已经走了。

YINGZI  英子

You let him kiss you? Are you out of your mind?
你让他吻你了?你是不是疯了?

REN  人名(音译)

You think I had a choice? I spent hours drinking with your crazyass ‘ex’. I deserve a medal!
你以为我能选择吗?我跟你那个疯疯癫癫的“前任”喝了好几个小时的酒,我真该得个奖!

YINGZI  英子

You said you couldn’t drink? Was that just another lie?
你说你不能喝酒?那又是谎话吗?

REN  人名(音译)

I said I don’t drink, not that I can’t drink!
我说的是我不喝酒,不是说我喝不了!

YINGZI  英子

So what did he say? What did he do with Xiaoyu?
那他到底说了什么?他和小雨之间发生了什么?

REN  人名(音译)

He said he ‘gave her away’. Have you heard of a guy called, Baoliang?
他说他“把她嫁出去了”。你听说过一个叫宝良的男人吗?
A flicker of recognition ghosts across Yingza’s face.
英扎脸上掠过一丝恍然的神情。

YINGZI  英子

Oh, yeah. Feng’s creepy high-school buddy. He lives up on the mountain.
哦,对了。冯那个让人觉得怪怪的高中同学。他住在山上。

128 INT. TRUCK, GUIRU'S EMPTY STREET - NIGHT
128 内景。卡车,贵如空荡的街道 - 夜晚

Parked in the shadows, Yingzi & Ren sit in silence, waiting.
英子和仁停在阴影里,默默地坐着等待。

REN  人名(音译)

What’s taking her so long?
她怎么还这么久没回来?
Suddenly a KNOCK on the truck’s door startles them both. It’s Guiru, carrying a heavy BACKPACK.
突然,卡车门被敲响,吓了他们俩一跳。是桂茹,背着一个沉重的背包走来。

GUIRU  贵儒

(softly)  (轻声地)
Sorry. Feng took ages to fall asleep.
抱歉,冯花了好久才睡着。
As she hoists the backpack up to Yingza…
她把背包提到英扎面前……

GUIRU (CONT'D)  GUIRU(接着说)

There’s no GPS up there so I threw in a map and some other stuff that might come in handy. Just remember, the Wangs make their money the old-fashioned way; they steal it! Don’t expect a welcome mat.
那里没有 GPS 导航,所以我带了一张地图和一些可能派得上用场的东西。记住,王家人赚钱的方式很传统——他们靠偷窃!别指望会有人欢迎你。
As Ren starts his engine Yingza turns to him…
当仁发动引擎时,英扎转过身看着他……

YINGZI  英子

Not this time, Ren. Let me.
这次别动手了,Ren,让我来。

129 INT. REN'S TRUCK, MOUNTAIN ROAD - DAWN
129 内景。任的卡车行驶在山路上 - 黎明时分

Ren’s engine screams as Yingzi forces his truck into HAIRPIN BENDS like a race car driver. She’s driving like she means i t , h e a d i n g h i g h i n t o t h e h i l l s w h i l e R e n h o l d s t i g h t a s h e s i t , h e a d i n g h i g h i n t o t h e h i l l s w h i l e R e n h o l d s t i g h t a s h e s it,headinghighintothehillswhileRenholdstightashe^(')si t, ~ h e a d i n g ~ h i g h ~ i n t o ~ t h e ~ h i l l s ~ w h i l e ~ R e n ~ h o l d s ~ t i g h t ~ a s ~ h e ' s ~ tossed around beside her.
任的引擎轰鸣,英子像赛车手一样猛打方向盘,带着卡车冲进一个个发夹弯。她开车的样子充满决心, i t , h e a d i n g h i g h i n t o t h e h i l l s w h i l e R e n h o l d s t i g h t a s h e s i t , h e a d i n g h i g h i n t o t h e h i l l s w h i l e R e n h o l d s t i g h t a s h e s it,headinghighintothehillswhileRenholdstightashe^(')si t, ~ h e a d i n g ~ h i g h ~ i n t o ~ t h e ~ h i l l s ~ w h i l e ~ R e n ~ h o l d s ~ t i g h t ~ a s ~ h e ' s ~ 被甩在她身旁。

REN  人名(音译)

Can you slow down just a little? It’s a truck not a Tesla!
你能稍微慢点吗?这可是卡车,不是特斯拉!

YINGZI  英子

(fiercely)  (猛烈地)
If Baoliang has laid a finger on my kid; I’ll mess him up, Ren. I swear I will!
如果宝良敢动我孩子一下,我一定会揍他,仁,我发誓!
Ren swallows hard. He’s never seen Yingzi this angry•
任咽了咽口水,他从来没见过英子这么生气。

REN  人名(音译)

So, that would be a ‘no’ on the slowing down thing?
所以,减速这事儿就是不行了?
Yingzi’s mind is on the road ahead, forging a path through the swirling mists that shroud the truck in an eerie haze.
英子的注意力集中在前方的路上,穿越笼罩卡车的迷雾,开辟出一条前行的道路。

130 EXT. ROCKY LEDGE, HILL COUNTRY - EARLY MORNING
130 外景。丘陵地带的岩石悬崖 - 清晨

Yingzi & Ren hide on a rocky outcrop surrounded by trees.
英子和仁藏身于一处被树木环绕的岩石突出部上。

She gazes down on a SMALL TOWN below, nestled in the mistshrouded valley while Ren explores the contents of Guiru’s BACKPACK.
她俯视着雾气缭绕的山谷中一个宁静的小镇,Ren 则在翻看 Guiru 的背包里的物品。

REN  人名(音译)

I gotta hand it to Guiru, she knows how to pack!
我得说,桂茹真会收拾东西!
He pulls out a container of FOIL-WRAPPED DUMPLINGS and discovers a pair of OLD BINOCULARS underneath.
他拿出一盒用锡纸包着的饺子,发现下面藏着一副旧望远镜。

REN  人名(音译)

Look what I found.
你看我找到了什么。
Yingzi turns and reacts; instantly shaken as CHANG’S BINOCULARS reawaken bitter memories.
英子转过身,反应强烈;常的望远镜瞬间唤起了她心中痛苦的回忆。

REN  人名(音译)

(noticing)  (察觉到)
Yingzi? Are you okay? Maybe you should eat something?
颖子,你还好吗?要不要吃点东西?

YINGZI  英子

(shrugs it off)  (不以为意地耸肩)
I’m fine.  我没事。
She reaches for the binoculars, focussing them on a sprawling VILLA near the edge of town.
她伸手拿起望远镜,聚焦在城镇边缘一座宽敞的别墅上。

YINGZI  英子

That has to be it. Look at the size of that place!
肯定就是那里了!你看看那个地方有多大!
And as she ZOOMS IN for a closer look…
当她拉近镜头仔细观察时……

YINGZI  英子

Wait! Is that? Ren, it’s her! Xiaoyu’s there. I see her!
等等!那是谁?仁,是她!小雨就在那儿,我看见她了!
BINOCULAR MATTE POV - as she watches Xiaoyu standing outside the villa’s double-doors holding hands with an ELDERLY WOMAN.
通过双筒望远镜的哑光视角,她看到小优站在别墅双开门外,正牵着一位年长女士的手。

YINGZI  英子

(tearing up)  (眼含泪水)
Oh, God! I can almost touch her.
哦,天啊!我几乎能碰到她了。
Ren grabs the binoculars TRACKING THE OLD WOMAN as she and Xiaoyu climb into a JEEP driven by Baoliang, while his Dad; OLD WANG, stands by the gate waving goodbye.
任拿起望远镜,目送老太太和小雨一起上了宝良驾驶的吉普车,他的父亲老王站在门口挥手告别。

REN  人名(音译)

So the old folks are…?
那么老人们是怎么样的?

YINGZI  英子

Baoliang’s Mom and Dad.
宝良的父母。

REN  人名(音译)

Wait. You know them?
等等,你认识他们?

YINGZI  英子

Wedding. Remember?  是婚礼,记得吗?
In the distance they hear the SCHOOL BELL ringing.
远处传来学校铃声。

REN  人名(音译)

Wait. Are they taking her to school?
等等,他们是要送她去学校吗?

YINGZI  英子

(grabbing the binoculars)
(拿起望远镜)

So what are we waiting for? Let’s go get her!
那我们还等什么?走,去抓她!

REN  人名(音译)

Tell me you’re not serious.
你别跟我开玩笑吧。

YINGZI  英子

They’re old, Ren! You think they can stop us?
他们都老了,Ren!你觉得他们还能拦得住我们吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Maybe not. But Baoliang’s little friend might be unhappy if we try.
也许不会。但如果我们试试,宝良的小伙伴可能会不开心。
He points to a HEAVY-SET BODYGUARD squeezing himself into a SMALL CAR, to follow behind the family. Yingzi sighs…
他指着一个体型魁梧的保镖,正挤进一辆小车,跟在家人后面。英子无奈地叹了口气……

YINGZI  英子

Looks like a refrigerator on legs. So let’s call the cops! It’s what we should’ve done all along.
看起来就像一台长着腿的冰箱。我们还是报警吧!这本来就是我们一直该做的。

REN  人名(音译)

(shakes his head)  (他摇了摇头)
It won’t change things.
这不会改变任何情况。

YINGZI  英子

Calling the cops always changes things.
报警总会让情况发生变化。
Ren finishes his dumplings and licks his fingers.
任吃完饺子后,舔了舔手指。

REN  人名(音译)

Not always in the best way. If the Changs find out we called the cops, and they will find out, Yingzi. All our lives are at risk…
情况并不总是理想。如果张家知道我们报警了——他们肯定会知道,英子——我们的生命都会受到威胁……

YINGZI  英子

…including Xiaoyu.  ……包括小雨在内。
Yingzi’s heart sinks as she accepts that he’s probably right.
英子心里一沉,渐渐接受了他很可能是对的事实。

131 EXT. WOODED HILLSIDE - MORNING
131 外景。林间山坡 - 早晨

SOUNDS OF CHILDREN in the schoolyard drift up to Yingzi, who’s hidden on a forested hillside overlooking the SCHOOL.
学校操场上传来孩子们的嬉闹声,飘到藏在俯瞰学校的森林山坡上的英子耳中。
Through her binoculars she SPOTS Xiaoyu, the new kid, ALONE IN THE PLAYGROUND - not yet accepted by the others.
她通过望远镜看到新来的小优独自一人在操场上,还没有被其他孩子接纳。
Swallowing her tears Yingzi turns back down the hill, pushing through the thick vegetation.
英子咽下眼泪,转身沿着山坡往下走,穿过茂密的植物丛。

132 110. EXT. COUNTY SCHOOL - CONTINUOUS
132 110。外景。县立学校 - 连续拍摄

Yingzi approaches a SCHOOL GUARD standing behind large IRON GATES .
英子走近站在大铁门后的学校门卫。

YINGZI  英子

Excuse me. Can I I II come in to drop off a workbook for my kid? She’d leave her head behind if it weren’t screwed on.
打扰一下。 I I II 能进来给我孩子送本作业簿吗?她要是不小心,脑袋都可能丢了。

GUARD  警卫

Which class is she in? What’s her name?
她是哪个班的?她叫什么名字?

YINGZI  英子

Chang Xiaoyu.  常小雨。

GUARD  警卫

And you are?  你是?

YINGZI  英子

Her Aunt. Her Mom’s my sister.
她的姑妈,她妈妈是我的姐姐。

GUARD  警卫

So why don’t you know her class? I don’t remember seeing you here before.
那你怎么不知道她上哪个班?我好像没见过你来这里。

YINGZI  英子

Y’know what? Never mind. I’ll come back later to collect her.
你知道吗?算了,我晚点再来接她。
But as she turns to walk away, the Guard picks up his phone.
她正要转身离开,警卫却拿起了手机。

GUARD  警卫

…did the Changs send someone to drop off the new kid’s workbook? Yeah. Some woman claiming to be her Aunt. Acting kinda squirrelly…
…张家派人送新来的孩子的作业本了吗?是的,有个自称是她阿姨的女人来送,举止有点怪怪的……
Yingzi quickens her pace, briskly walking away.
英子加快步伐,快步离开。

133 EXT. VILLAGE SCHOOL - LATER THAT DAY
133 外景。村庄学校 - 当天下午稍晚些时候

Mostly GRANDPARENTS cluster at the gates, waiting to collect their kids.
大多数祖父母聚集在校门口,等着接自己的孙子孙女。
Seeing Baoliang’s fancy JEEP approaching - the GATE GUARDS quickly open the gates allowing the car inside - to park on the playground.
看到宝良开着那辆豪华的吉普车驶来,门卫们迅速打开大门,放车进来停在操场上。
Baoliang hops out and opens the passenger door for his Mom. And when the RECESS BELL rings… dozens of kids, swarm into the playground; free at last!
宝良跳下车,帮妈妈打开副驾驶的车门。下课铃一响,几十个孩子涌向操场,终于自由了!
Amongst them is Xiaoyu, who gets a little hug from Baoliang’s Mom before they climb into the JEEP to be driven away.
他们中有小雨,宝亮的妈妈在他们上吉普车准备离开时给了她一个温暖的拥抱。
CUT TO:  画面切换到:
YINGZI watches all of this from a safe distance across the road. And seeing Xiaoyu so very close to her, she struggles with her emotions - when her PHONE RINGS.
颖子在马路对面安全的地方看着这一切。看到小雨离她这么近,她内心挣扎着情绪——这时她的手机响了。

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

(filtered)
How’s it going? You okay?
你怎么样?一切都还好吗?

YINGZI  英子

Not really. I’m at the school. Ren, something’s off. These folks take their baby-sitting duties way too seriously. It’s like they’re scared she might vanish before their eyes.
不完全是。我现在在学校,Ren,感觉有点不对劲。这些人对照看孩子的责任特别认真,仿佛害怕她会突然消失在他们眼前。

REN  人名(音译)

She will if we have anything to do with it. Hey, I found us a place to stay. You want to check it out?
如果我们能帮上忙,她一定会去的。嘿,我找到一个住的地方了,你想去看看吗?

YINGZI  英子

Later. I’m gonna hang out here a while.
待会儿。我准备在这里呆一会儿。
TIME CUT: It’s LATER THAT DAY as Yingzi watches the Guards preparing to leave. And once they’re on their way…
时间切换:当天晚些时候,英子注视着守卫们准备离开。等他们走后……

134 EXT. ENTRANCE GATES, VILLAGE SCHOOL - LATE AFTERNOON
134 外景。村庄学校入口大门 - 傍晚时分

Yingzi strolls over the road & slips into empty school yard.
颖子走过马路,悄悄溜进空无一人的校园。

135 INT. VILLAGE SCHOOL - CONTINUOUS
135 室内。村庄学校 - 连续场景

Yingzi enters the THREE-STOREY SCHOOL where CLEANING STAFF are mopping floors and emptying waste bins.
英子走进一栋三层楼的学校,看到清洁工正在拖地和倒垃圾。
No-one gives her a second glance as she wanders the corridors peering into classrooms, then climbing the stairs to the…
她漫步在走廊上,探头看着教室,没有人多看她一眼,然后她爬上楼梯,走向……
2ND FLOOR; where again she explores; not sure what she’s looking for until she enters…
二楼;她再次探查,不确定自己在找什么,直到走进去……

136 INT. GIRLS' BATHROOM - CONTINUOUS
136 室内。女孩洗手间 - 紧接着

Where she spots a high OPEN WINDOW looking out on a poorlymaintained FARM ROAD running directly behind the school.
她看到一扇高开的窗户,窗外是一条维护不佳的农场小路,正好位于学校的后面。
As Yingzi emerges from the bathroom WE SEE that her face has entirely transformed; suddenly she’s full of hope.
英子从浴室走出来时,我们看到她的脸上焕然一新,突然充满了希望。

137 INT. SEEDY HOTEL, BEDROOM - NIGHT
137 室内。简陋旅馆,卧室 - 夜晚

An aging WALL CLOCK reads 8 35 p m 8 35 p m 8-35 pm8-35 p m. In frustration Ren hangs up his unanswered PHONE. Where is she?
一只老旧的挂钟指着 8 35 p m 8 35 p m 8-35 pm8-35 p m 。雷恩沮丧地挂断了无人接听的电话,心里想着:她到底在哪里?
Then, as he slumps on the rickety bed - the door opens. Yingzi enters carrying a bulging PLASTIC BAG.
他瘫坐在摇摇晃晃的床上时,门开了。英子提着一个鼓鼓的塑料袋走了进来。
She quickly glances at the ‘decor’.
她迅速扫了一眼“布置”。

YINGZI  英子

Wow. Fancy! You went all out.
哇,真讲究!你真是下了大功夫。

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah well, we’re on a budget. So where have you been? I was worried.
是啊,我们预算有限。你刚才去哪了?我还挺担心你的。

YINGZI  英子

Yeah, sorry. My phone died while I was shopping. (dumps her bag on the bed)
抱歉,我手机在逛街时没电了。(把包扔到床上)

All for you.  一切都是为了你。
(a little smile)  (微微一笑)
I have a plan.
我有个计划。

(looks around)  (四处张望)
Is that the bathroom? You can change in there.
那是洗手间吗?你可以在那里换衣服。
They gaze silently at each other. A staring contest - until Ren relents, sighs and grabs the PLASTIC BAG.
他们默默地对视着,像是在进行一场盯眼比赛——直到 Ren 叹了口气,放弃了,拿起了塑料袋。

138 INT. HOTEL ROOM - CONTINUOUS
138 酒店房间 - 紧接着场景

From inside the Bathroom Door…
从浴室门里……

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

With OLD CHANG’s goons everywhere you really think this is our best shot?
老昌的打手到处都是,你真的觉得这是我们最好的机会吗?

YINGZI  英子

How should I know? It’s something they’ll never expect, and besides, it’s the best I’ve got so, we’re doing it.
我怎么会知道呢?这正是他们意想不到的,而且这是我能做到的最好选择,所以,我们就这么做吧。

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

Suit yourself! But just so it’s said… I’d give pretty much anything; even my genius ChiliPepper Sleep Cure…
随你怎么想吧!不过我得说……我几乎愿意付出一切,甚至包括我那神奇的辣椒睡眠秘方……
The bathroom door swings open to reveal a very unhappy Ren; dressed as an ALL-BLACK NINJA.
浴室门打开,出现了一个非常不开心的任,他穿着一身全黑的忍者装。

REN  人名(音译)

…not to be dressed like the world’s lamest Ninja.
……别穿得像世界上最没劲的忍者那样。
Despite the seriousness of their plight, Yingzi cannot suppress a smile.
尽管处境严峻,英子还是忍不住露出了笑容。

REN  人名(音译)

Besides, aren’t we asking an awful lot of that little girl?
况且,我们是不是对那个小女孩的期望太高了?

YINGZI  英子

You don’t know this little girl.
你不了解这个小女孩。

REN  人名(音译)

Neither do you.  你也不是这样。
Yingzi grabs Guiru’s backpack, emptying it on to the bed.
英子抓起桂如的背包,把里面的东西倒在床上。

There’s a SWISS ARMY KNIFE, WIRE CUTTERS, a FLASHLIGHT, a HAMMER & NAILS, a CHOCOLATE BAR & LAMBY, Xiaoyu’s special friend.
这里有一把瑞士军刀、钢丝钳、一只手电筒、一把锤子和钉子、一块巧克力,还有晓雨的特别朋友 LAMBY。

YINGZI  英子

Choose your weapons.  挑选你的武器。
Ren ponders, then grabs the Flashlight and a Chocolate Bar. Then as he turns for the door…
任沉思片刻,拿起手电筒和一块巧克力棒,正准备走向门口……

YINGZI  英子

Hey, Snake Eyes! Didn’t you forget something ?
嘿,蛇眼!你是不是忘了什么?

(throws the toy lamb)
(扔出玩具羔羊)

His name is ‘Lamby.’
它的名字叫“Lamby”。

REN  人名(音译)

I can’t imagine why.
我真想不通为什么。

139 ext. Cheap hotel, empty Street - night
139 外景。廉价旅馆,空无一人的街道 - 夜晚

In the dark, deserted street Ren pulls on his ‘Ninja Hoodie’ and silently melts into the shadows.
在黑暗寂静的街道上,Ren 穿上他的“忍者连帽衫”,悄无声息地融入了阴影。

140 EXT. HILLSIDE ABOVE CHANG'S FAMILY VILLA - NIGHT
140 外景。常家别墅上方的山坡 - 夜间

REN’S POV: CHANG’S VILLA blazes with light. A raucous PARTY sprawls across the patio, lamb roasts over a fire.
任的视角:常家的别墅灯火辉煌。露台上正举行一场热闹的派对,火堆上烤着羊肉。
BURLY MEN with faces flushed by alcohol, watch over OLD CHANG’s table, where he and his wife entertain their GUESTS OF HONOR; a HANDSOME COUPLE in their 30s.
脸上泛着酒色的壮汉们守护着老常的桌子,老常和妻子正在招待他们的贵宾——一对三十多岁的英俊夫妇。
And sitting between the couple; a tired-looking Xiaoyu, being photographed again and again. Merchandise.
坐在这对夫妇中间的是一个看起来很疲惫的小雨,她不断地被拍照,像个商品一样。
Back ON THE HILLSIDE Ren’s expression is unreadable as he watches everything from his hidden vantage point.
回到山坡上,Ren 神情难以看透,他从隐蔽的地方注视着眼前的一切。

141 EXT. YARD, CHANG'S FAMILY VILLA
141 外景。院子,张家别墅场景

Finally Baoliang’s Mom rises to escort the exhausted-looking Xiaoyu inside while Baoliang, his Dad and their Guests smile kindly, wishing her ‘Sweet Dreams’.
最后,宝良的妈妈起身护送疲惫的小雨进屋,宝良、他的爸爸和客人们微笑着,温柔地祝她“晚安,好梦”。
And once she’s gone, Baoliang leans in, speaking softly to his Dad.
她一走开,宝良便凑过去,轻声对爸爸说。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Why is Cousin Tong so set on Xiaoyu? His family can afford any kid he wants.
堂兄唐为什么这么看重小雨?他家里有能力得到任何他想要的孩子。

OLD WANG  老王

You know how it is with Tong’s folks, they consult fortune tellers before they go to the bathroom!
你知道唐家的人是怎样的,连上厕所前都要先问算命先生!

BAOLIANG  宝亮

But still, this feels all wrong.
但是,这感觉总是不对劲。

OLD WANG  老王

(shrugs, indifferent)  (耸耸肩,显得无所谓)
Their fortune teller told them her birthday’s perfect for the ‘ghost marriage’ they need to reincarnate their dead son.
他们的算命师说,她的生日非常适合举行“鬼婚”,以便让他们已故的儿子得以转世。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

But she’s my best friend’s kid!
可她可是我最好的朋友的孩子啊!

OLD WANG  老王

Grow up, Baoliang! This is family we’re talking about here. Think about your cousin’s poor wife; it’s a miracle she didn’t go crazy after what she went through.
宝良,长大点!我们说的是家人。想想你表弟那可怜的妻子,她经历了那么多,没疯简直是个奇迹。

(shoots him a glance)
(朝他瞥了一眼)

Friends are there to be useful. What matters most is that you succeed. With the Arcade I made your Uncle promise you, you’ll soon be running your own business.
朋友是用来帮忙的,最重要的是你能成功。关于街机游戏机,我让你叔叔答应了你,你很快就能自己创业。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

(his eyes light up)  (他的眼睛一亮)
For real?  真的假的?

OLD WANG  老王

Keep an eye on that kid! Tong will collect her once his crazy Fortune Teller divines the most propitious date.
留意那个孩子!唐会在他那疯狂的算命师选出最吉利的日子后来接她。

142 INT. CHEAP HOTEL ROOM - CONTINUOUS
142 室内。廉价旅馆房间 - 紧接着发生

Yingzi is busy stripping SHEETS from the BED, exposing the THREADBAR MATTRESS underneath. Then she pulls the mattress on to the floor.
英子正忙着脱下床单,露出下面的弹簧床垫。接着,她把床垫拉到地板上。

143 EXT. BEHIND THE WANG FAMILY'S VILLA - NIGHT
143 外景。王家别墅后侧 - 夜晚

Ren scrambles over a high GARDEN WALL and drops like a ghost on to the SHADOWY PATIO behind the Villa.
任翻越高高的花园墙,轻盈如幽灵般落在别墅后方的阴暗露台上。
He silently watches Baoliang’s Mom moving around one of the upstairs bedrooms - until the light is finally switched off.
他静静地看着宝良的妈妈在楼上一个卧室里活动,直到灯光最终被关掉。
Then he gathers pebbles in the flower bed, and gently throws them up at the bedroom WINDOW.
然后他在花坛里捡起小石子,轻轻地扔向卧室的窗户。

144 INT. XIAOYU'S BEDROOM, VILLA - CONTINUOUS
144 室内。小雨的卧室,别墅 - 紧接着的场景

Not yet asleep, Xiaoyu peeks out from under her blanket, curious about the strange tapping sounds on her window.
小雨还没睡,探出被子,好奇地望着窗外传来的奇怪敲击声。
She climbs out of bed, draws her curtains aside, and what she sees beneath her window TAKES HER BREATH AWAY!
她爬下床,拉开窗帘,窗下的景象令她屏住呼吸!

XIAOYU  小雨

Lamby!!!  兰比!!!
Xiaoyu opens her window to better see her friend who seems to be floating in the darkness (held aloft by a smiling Ren).
小雨打开窗户,想看清她的朋友,朋友仿佛漂浮在黑暗中,被微笑着的仁托举着。
And when she see him…
当她看到他时……

XIAOYU  小雨

Who are you? How did you meet my Lamby?
你是谁?你是怎么认识我的 Lamby 的?

REN  人名(音译)

Shhhh! Long story. Is there anyone else around up there?
嘘!说来话长。那上面还有别人吗?

(she shakes her head, no)
(她摇头,表示不)

Great! Stay right there.
太好了!别动,原地等着。
Ren climbs the VINE TRELLIS growing up the side of the house and when he reaches Xiaoyu’s balcony. He passes Lamby into her eager arms.
任爬上长在房子侧面的藤架,来到小雨的阳台时,将拉比递进了她热切的怀抱。

REN  人名(音译)

I hear this guy’s a friend of yours?
我听说这个人是你的朋友?

145 INT. CHEAP HOTEL ROOM - CONTINUOUS
145 室内。廉价旅馆房间 - 紧接着发生

Yingzi, wrestles with the heavy mattress, rolling it up and binding it as best she can with GAFFER’S TAPE.
英子费力地搬动沉重的床垫,将它卷起后尽量用胶带绑紧。

146 EXT. XIAOYU'S WINDOW - CONTINUOUS
146 外景。小雨的窗边 - 连续镜头

Hugging her Lamby, Xiaoyu regards Ren with squinty-eyed suspicion.
小雨抱着她的 Lamby,眯着眼睛怀疑地看着仁。

XIAOYU  小雨

How come you and Lamby got to be such good friends?
你和 Lamby 是怎么变成这么要好的朋友的?

REN  人名(音译)

We’re not friends exactly. More like, business associates. I’m more a friend of your Mom.
我们不算真正的朋友,更像是生意上的合作伙伴。我和你妈妈比较熟。

XIAOYU  小雨

(wide-eyed)  (睁大了眼睛)
Is Mommy coming to take me home?
妈妈会来接我回家吗?

(whispers)  (轻声细语)
This is a bad vacation.
这次假期很糟糕。

REN  人名(音译)

Between you and me, your Mom’s making travel plans. But that has to stay our secret. Think you can you handle that?
你和我之间,你妈妈正在计划旅行,但这得保密。你能保住这个秘密吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

'Course I can. I’m six, not five!
当然我会开车。我已经六岁了,不是五岁!

147 INT. CHEAP HOTEL ROOM - CONTINUOUS
147 室内。廉价旅馆房间 - 紧接着发生

Yingzi is squeezing the rolled-up MATTRESS through the OPEN WINDOW, but half-way through it gets well and truly stuck!
英子正试图把卷好的床垫挤进开着的窗户,但床垫在半途中彻底卡住了!

YINGZI  英子

You have got to be kidding?
你不会是认真的吧?

(to the mattress)  (躺到床垫上)
Why? Why do you hate me so much?
为什么?你为什么这么讨厌我?

148 EXT. XIAOYU'S WINDOW - CONTINUOUS
148 外景。小雨的窗边 - 连续镜头

Perched on the tiny balcony, Ren hands Xiaoyu the last TWO SQUARES OF CHOCOLATE.
Ren 坐在小阳台上,把最后两块巧克力递给了 Xiaoyu。

REN  人名(音译)

…and after that you just fly away. All good?
……然后你就飞走了,一切都好吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

Easy, peasy lemon squeezy!
非常简单!

(re: the chocolate)  (关于那块巧克力)

XIAOYU  小雨

Is there any more?
还有别的吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Nah, you’ll already have a sugar-high for days! Besides me and Lamby need to get going.
不,你已经会兴奋好几天了!而且我和 Lamby 得赶紧出发。
Ren holds out his hand for Lamby, but Xiaoyu resists.
任伸手想要拉兰比,但小雨却不愿意。

XIAOYU  小雨

Can he stay with me?
他可以和我待在一起吗?

REN  人名(音译)

You want this vacation to last forever?
你想让这个假期永远不结束吗?
Lamby is instantly thrust into his hands.
兰比瞬间被递到了他的手中。

REN  人名(音译)

That’s my girl!  这就是我的女孩!

149 EXT. CHEAP HOTEL, EMPTY STREET - NIGHT
149 外景。廉价旅馆,空无一人的街道 - 夜晚

As he approaches the HOTEL, Ren HEARS Yingzi’s muffled curses as the STUCK MATTRESS inches slowly through the hotel window.
当他走近酒店时,Ren 听到 Yingzi 闷闷的咒骂声,卡住的床垫正缓缓地从酒店窗户挤进来。
Then - just as he arrives beneath her window…
就在他来到她窗下的那一刻……

IN THE HOTEL ROOM Yingzi flings herself at the mattress, forcing it through the window.
在酒店房间里,英子扑向床垫,猛地把它推向窗户。
Causing Ren to fling himself aside, narrowly missing him as it THUDS HEAVILY on to the sidewalk.
使仁猛地一闪身躲开,险些被它重重地砸在了人行道上。

YINGZI  英子

Oh, crap! Ren! (peeking into the street) Are you okay?
哎呀,Ren!(探头往街上看)你没事吧?
He smiles as he steps from the shadows, looking up at her.
他微笑着从阴影中走出来,抬头望向她。

REN  人名(音译)

Ah, so you do care.
啊,原来你是真的在乎。
Moments later, when Yingzi joins him in the street…
片刻后,英子走到街上与他汇合……

YINGZI  英子

How was it? Is she okay?
情况怎么样?她没事吧?

REN  人名(音译)

She’s fine. She’s gonna do great.
她没问题,一定会表现出色。
Then, as they struggle to haul the heavy MATTRESS into the shadows…
然后,他们费力地将沉重的床垫搬进阴暗处……

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, I’ve been a fool.
英子,我真是个傻瓜。

YINGZI  英子

I wish I could argue, but… yeah!
我本想反驳,可是……算了!

REN  人名(音译)

About lots of stuff. But mainly about Xiaoyu.
关于很多事情,但主要是关于小雨。

YINGZI  英子

I know that too.
我也知道。

REN  人名(音译)

You have an awesome kid!
你的孩子真棒!

YINGZI  英子

But I don’t have her, do I Ren? Not yet, anyway.
可我还没有她,对吧,Ren?至少现在还没有。

150 ext. WOOded hillside - Afternoon
150 号外景,树林覆盖的山坡 - 下午

YINGZI’S POV: monitoring the SCHOOL GATES as Baoliang’s JEEP arrives on schedule, followed by the family’s Bodyguard; privilege on full display as there two cars cruise directly into the playground.
英子的视角:在学校大门监视时,宝良的吉普车准时到达,紧跟着家里的保镖车;特权显而易见,两辆车直接开进了操场。
Baoliang’s Mom & Dad emerge from the Jeep under the watchful gaze of their Bodyguard - who remains in his car.
宝良的爸爸妈妈在保镖的注视下从吉普车中走出,而保镖则留在车内。
And when the SCHOOL BELL announces the end of school…
当学校铃声响起,宣布放学的时候…

151 ext. Village school - CONtinuous
151 号外景,村庄学校 - 连续镜头

DOZENS OF KIDS race excitedly towards the GATE.
许多孩子兴奋地朝大门跑去。

But as Baoliang’s Mom takes Xiaoyu’s hand and escorts her towards the Jeep - Xiaoyu suddenly stops, fussing with her backpack.
正当宝良的妈妈牵着小雨的手,带她走向吉普车时,小雨突然停下,开始忙着整理背包。

XIAOYU  小雨

My homework book! I forgot it. I left it in my cubby.
我的作业本!我忘带了,放在储物柜里了。

BAOLIANG'S MOM  宝亮的妈妈

It’s okay, dear. Let’s you and me go back and get it.
没关系,亲爱的。我们一起回去把它拿回来吧。

XIAOYU  小雨

No, I’ll go. I can be back in a jiffy. Watch how fast I can run.
不,我去吧。我很快就能回来。你看我跑得多快。
And quick as a flash Xiaoyu’s skipping off, back into school.
晓雨一闪身就跳着跑回了学校。

BAOLIANG'S MOM  宝亮的妈妈

(to Old Wang)  (对老王)
She’s just the sweetest! Are you sure we can’t keep her?
她真是太乖巧了!你确定我们不能把她留下吗?
Wang gives her a withering glance, he’s not amused
王冷冷地瞥了她一眼,显得很不满

152 ext. hillside - CONTINUOUS
152 号外景,山坡 - 连续拍摄

SEEING XIAOYU hurrying across the schoolyard, Yingzi turns to hurry down the hill, hitting her SPEED DIAL as she runs.
看到小雨匆匆穿过校场,英子转身急忙跑下山,边跑边按下她的快速拨号键。

YINGZI  英子

(into phone)  (接通电话)
She’s on her way. Everything good with you?
她已经在路上了,你那边一切顺利吗?

153 INT. REN'S TRUCK, DENSE WOODLAND - CONTINUOUS
153 内景。任的卡车内,浓密的树林中 - 连续镜头

REN  人名(音译)

Everything’s great. I forgot how much I enjoy being in nature. I really should get out more.
一切都很棒。我都忘了自己有多喜欢亲近大自然了,真的应该多出去走走。
Ren’s engine roars as he swerves his truck on to an UNPAVED COUNTRY ROAD.
任的引擎轰鸣着,他猛打方向盘,把卡车驶上了一条泥泞的乡间小路。

154 INT. VILLAGE SCHOOL - CONTINUOUS
154 室内。村校 - 连续场景

Xiaoyu races along empty corridors, waves a greeting to a CARETAKER stacking chairs. He shoots her an inquiring glance.
小雨沿着空荡的走廊飞奔,向一位正在堆椅子的看护员打招呼。看护员好奇地看了她一眼。

CARETAKER  看护者

Everything okay?  一切还好吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

(flashes a smile)  (露出一个微笑)
Homework. My Nainai says I’d forget my head if it was loose.
作业。奶奶说我如果头脑不清楚,可能连头都忘了。
The Caretaker smiles as she skips off towards the staircase.
看护人微笑着蹦蹦跳跳地走向楼梯。

155 EXT. SCHOOL GATES - CONTINUOUS
155 外景,学校大门 - 连续拍摄

At the gates, most of the KIDS & GRANDPARENTS have already drifted away. OLD WANG impatiently checks his watch.
在门口,大部分孩子和爷爷奶奶们已经散去了。老王焦急地看了看手表。

OLD WANG  老王

What the hell’s taking her so long?
她怎么还这么久没回来?

BAOLIANG'S MOM  宝亮的妈妈

Stop moaning and give her a break. She’s little. I suppose you were never little? Grump!
别再抱怨了,给她点宽容吧。她还小呢。难道你从来没当过小孩子吗?真是的!

156 INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR - AFTERNOON
156 室内。学校走廊 - 下午时分

Xiaoyu darts past classroom after classroom until she ducks into her classroom.
小雨迅速穿过一间又一间教室,最后钻进了自己的教室。
Seconds later she emerges DRAGGING HER TEACHER’S TALL CHAIR.
几秒钟后,她拖着老师的高脚椅走了出来。

157 EXT. HILLSIDE - AFTERNOON
157 号 外景,山坡 - 下午

Yingzi runs hard, her breath ragged, as she races downhill through thick brush and woodland.
英子气喘吁吁地奔跑着,穿过浓密的灌木和树林,飞快地向山下跑去。

158 INT. GIRLS BATHROOM - AFTERNOON
158 号场景。女孩洗手间 - 下午

Xiaoyu guides the chair into the bathroom, placing it under the open window. Then she climbs up to reach the windowsill.
小雨把椅子推到浴室里,放在敞开的窗户下。接着她爬上椅子,伸手够到了窗台。

159 EXT. SCHOOL BATHROOM - AFTERNOON
159 外景,学校洗手间 - 下午

Standing on tiptoes, to reach the second-story window, Xiaoyu peeks outside FULL OF EXPECTATION as her eyes scan the dirt road behind the school.
小雨踮起脚尖,想要够到二楼的窗户,满怀期待地向外张望,目光扫过学校后面的土路。
But expectation quickly turns to fear when she SEES the road is empty.
但当她看到路上空无一人时,期待很快就变成了恐惧。

160 EXT. HILLSIDE - AFTERNOON
160 外景,山坡 - 下午

Gasping for air, knowing time is running out, Yingzi trips and falls hard, cutting her face. But she’s quickly up and away despite the pain.
英子气喘吁吁,知道时间紧迫,绊倒重摔,脸上划出一道伤口。但她忍着疼痛,迅速爬起继续前行。

161 EXT/INT. REN'S TRUCK - AFTERNOON
161 外景/内景。任的卡车内 - 下午

As Ren rounds a bend in the road he STARES AT THE ROAD UP AHEAD expecting to see Yingzi… but she’s not there!
当仁转过路弯时,他凝视着前方的路,期待看到英子……但她却不见了!

REN  人名(音译)

Oh, crap!  哎呀,糟了!
He lunges for his phone, his fingers stabbing frantically…
他猛地抓起手机,手指急切地乱按着……

162 EXT. WOODED HILLSIDE - CONTINUOUS
162 外景。树林覆盖的山坡 - 连续镜头

Panting breathlessly, Yingzi fights her way through dense vegetation until she finally reaches the bottom of the hill.
英子气喘吁吁地穿过浓密的灌木丛,终于抵达了山脚下。
Her phone begins to ring. Ren is getting desperate. She must find a way through to the road but she’s totally blocked by dense, impenetrable thorn bushes.
她的手机响了起来。Ren 越来越着急,她必须找到通往公路的路,但前面被浓密且无法穿透的荆棘丛挡住了。
There’s panic in her eyes. Time is running out. Frantically she searches for a place to force a way through, a small hole in a tightly woven wall of thorns. It’s impossible…
她眼中充满了恐慌,时间紧迫。她拼命寻找一个突破口,希望能从那堵密密麻麻的荆棘墙中找到一个小洞。然而,这几乎是不可能的……

163 EXT. VILLAGE SCHOOL GATES - CONTINUOUS
163 外景。村庄学校门口 - 连续镜头

Old Wang irritably glares at his watch.
老王不耐烦地盯着手表看。

BAOLIANG'S MOM  宝亮的妈妈

It won’t go faster no matter how many times you check it.
不管你检查多少次,它都不会变快。

OLD WANG  老王

This is crazy. We don’t have all day!
太疯狂了,我们没那么多时间!

BAOLIANG'S MOM  宝亮的妈妈

Why, you suddenly you got a train to catch?
为什么,你突然要赶火车吗?

BAOLIANG'S MOM (Cont'd)  宝亮的妈妈(继续)

(rolls her eyes) For God’s sake, go make yourself useful. Help her out a little.
(翻了个白眼)拜托,帮帮忙,别闲着,帮她做点事。

164 INT. REN'S TRUCK - CONTINUOUS
164 内景,任的卡车内 - 连续镜头

Ren spins in his seat, frantically checking his mirrors, searching the road ahead, and back down the road behind him.
任在座位上转身,紧张地查看后视镜,观察前方和身后的路况。

REN  人名(音译)

Don’t do this, Yingzi! Where the hell are you?
英子,别这样!你到底在哪儿?
Then suddenly, in his rear-view mirror he sees YINGZI BURST THROUGH THE BUSHES and fall into the road 100 meters up ahead
突然,他从后视镜中看到英子冲出灌木丛,摔倒在前方 100 米的路上
And though SHE’S TATTERED BRUISED & CUT she waves to him, flashing a BROAD GRIN OF TRIUMPH!
尽管她满身破损、淤青和割伤,她依然向他挥手,露出自豪的胜利笑容!

REN  人名(音译)

Yeah! That’s my girl!
太棒了!这就是我的女孩!
He stomps on the gas and surges towards her…
他猛踩油门,朝她冲了过去……

165 INT. LOBBY, VILLAGE SCHOOL - CONTINUOUS
165 室内。村校大厅 - 连续场景

Old Wang enters the school’s deserted reception lobby and irritably calls out…
老王走进学校冷清的接待大厅,焦躁地喊了起来……

OLD WANG  老王

Hey, Xiaoyu! Where the heck are you?
嘿,小雨!你到底在哪儿?
Further down the long classroom corridor, something stirs. The Elderly Caretaker pokes his head out of a classroom…
在教室走廊的尽头,某处传来动静。年迈的看护员探出头来,望向教室……

CARETAKER  看护者

Who’s that yelling?  谁在大声喊叫?

OLD WANG  老王

(calls out)  (大声喊)
I’m looking for a kid. A little girl. About this high.
我在找一个孩子,一个小女孩,大概这么高。
The Caretaker scratches his head…
看护人挠了挠头…

CARETAKER  看护者

(calls back)  (回拨电话)
Okay, so usually we got plenty of kids around here. Problem is your timing’s off.
好的,这里平时有很多孩子。问题是你选的时间不合适。

166 INT. GIRLS' WASHROOM - CONTINUOUS
166 女生洗手间 - 紧接着的场景

Xiaoyu’s POV: the empty country road, no sounds other than wind, birds and the lazy humming of insects wings. Until…
小羽的视角:空旷的乡间小路,除了风声、鸟鸣和昆虫翅膀轻轻的嗡嗡声,周围一片寂静。直到……

OLD WANG  老王

Xiaoyu! Where are you? Do you need some help?
小雨!你在哪儿?需要帮忙吗?
Xiaoyu’s face congeals in panic. She anxiously looks back over her shoulder. What should she do?
小雨的脸上满是惊慌,她焦急地回头张望,不知道该怎么办才好。
But then - REN’S TRUCK finally roars into view, racing towards her. And seconds later the huge, unwieldy vehicle lurches to a stop beneath her window…
然后,REN 的卡车终于轰鸣着驶入视野,朝她飞速驶来。几秒钟后,这辆庞大笨重的车在她窗下猛地停了下来……
Ren honks a greeting as Xiaoyu’s peeks down through her window to see Ren’s Cab Door swing open to REVEAL LAMBY being held aloft by a jubilant Ren.
任按喇叭打招呼,肖雨从窗户向下看去,看到任打开出租车门,兴奋地高举着兰比。

REN  人名(音译)

(yells)  (大声喊)
Hi, kiddo! Didn’t I promise you we’d be back?
嗨,宝贝!我不是答应过你我们会回来的嘛?

167 INT. REN'S CAB - CONTINUOUS
167 内景。任的出租车内 - 连续场景

Ren’s all business now, he glances over his shoulder.
任现在全神贯注地投入工作,他回头瞥了一眼。

REN  人名(音译)

We gotta hustle! You coming?
我们得快点!你来吗?

YINGZI  英子

(shakes her head)  (摇了摇头)
Give me a minute.
等我一下。

REN  人名(音译)

We don’t have a minute!
我们一点时间都没有!
Yingzi turns to look directly at him REVEALING her bruised and bloody face.
英子转头直视着他,露出了满是淤青和血迹的脸。

YINGZI  英子

I need to clean up. She’ll be scared to death if she sees me like this.
我得收拾一下。要是她看到我这个样子,肯定会吓坏的。
A nod from Ren and he’s gone; holding ‘Lamby’ as he nimbly swings out of his cab & clambers up to the TRUCK’S ROOF.
伦点了点头,随即离开;他抱着“兰比”,灵巧地从驾驶室跳下,爬上了卡车的车顶。

168 EXT. ROOF OF REN'S TRUCK - CONTINUOUS
168 外景。任的卡车车顶 - 连续拍摄

Where the HOTEL’S MATTRESS has been securely gaffer-taped in place.
酒店的床垫已经用胶带牢牢固定好,不会移动。

REN  人名(音译)

(calls to Xiaoyu)  (给小雨打电话)
So, are you ready? Lamby and me are super-excited to see you fly.
那么,你准备好了吗?Lamby 和我都超级期待看到你飞起来。

XIAOYU  小雨

(suddenly nervous)  (突然感到紧张)
It is kind of… high.
它有点……高。

REN  人名(音译)

Nah, you’ve got this! You’re six, remember?
没事的,你能行!你才六岁,别忘了!

XIAO  小(人名或昵称)

Can Lamby jump with me?
兰比可以和我一起跳吗?

REN  人名(音译)

Well, we’re kinda on a schedule here.
好吧,我们这儿有点赶时间。

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

Of course he can, sweetie!
当然可以,宝贝!
Xiaoyu’s POV: as Yingzi pulls herself on to the roof, bruised, dishevelled… but thrilled to see Xiaoyu.
小雨的视角:英子拖着伤痕累累、衣衫凌乱的身体爬上屋顶,看到小雨时却满心激动。

XIAOYU  小雨

Momma! You came!  妈妈!你来了!
Yingzi takes Lamby from Ren and runs across the truck’s roof.
英子从任手中抱起兰比,跑过卡车的车顶。

YINGZI  英子

Let’s play catch shall we? Can you climb a little higher?
我们来玩接球吧,好吗?你能爬高一点吗?
Yingzi & Ren watch anxiously as Xiaoyu scrambles up on to the window sill.
英子和仁紧张地看着小雨爬上窗台。

YINGZI  英子

Good girl! You ready? Here comes Lamby. One, two…
好女孩!准备好了吗?小羊来了。一、二……
On ‘three’ she THROWS LAMBY HIGH IN THE AIR directly into Xiaoyu’s awaiting arms.
在喊出“三”的瞬间,她将兰比高高抛起,正好落入小雨张开的怀抱中。

XIAOYU  小雨

Hello, little Lamby!  你好,小羊羔!
But then, she HEARS VOICES behind her. Xiaoyu’s smile turns to panic as she turns to SEE the Caretaker push open the WASHROOM DOOR - followed by Old Wang.
然而,她突然听到身后传来声音。小雨的笑容瞬间变得惊慌,她转身看到看护者推开了洗手间的门,老王紧随其后。

CARETAKER (O.S.)  照顾者(画外音)

What the hell are you doing? Get down from there!
你到底在干什么?快从那里下来!
For Xiaoyu, it’s now or never! Desperately she whips around.
对小雨来说,机会只有这一次!她拼命地急转身。

XIAOYU  小雨

Promise you’ll catch us?
你答应会接住我们吗?

YINGZI  英子

Pinky swear, sweetie!  我发誓,亲爱的!
Then brave little 6-year-old Xiaoyu closes her eyes and LAUNCHES HERSELF & LAMBY INTO SPACE…
然后勇敢的 6 岁小雨闭上眼睛,带着兰比冲向太空……
FALLING INTO THE OUTSTRETCHED ARMS OF YINGZI & REN who both topple backwards, cushioning their landing on the MATTRESS.
掉进迎子和任伸出的怀抱中,他们一起向后倒去,柔软的床垫缓冲了他们的落地。
Just as the astounded CARETAKER’S FACE pops up in the window. He yells back to Old Wang…
正当惊讶的看护者的脸出现在窗户上时,他朝老王大声喊道……

CARETAKER  看护者

Kidnappers! They’ve got your kid. We gotta call the police!
绑匪抓走了你的孩子,我们得赶紧报警!
But then, directly behind him he HEARS…
然后,就在他身后,他听见了……

OLD WANG(O.S.)  老王(画外声音)

What are you? Crazy? Get off that chair!
你疯了吗?快从那把椅子上下来!
Old Wang yanks the Caretaker off his chair and climbs up himself, just in time to SEE…
老王一把拉起看护人,自己爬上去,正好看到……
Ren, carrying Xiaoyu in his arms, scrambling down into the truck with Yingzi right behind him.
任抱着小雨,急忙爬上卡车,英子紧跟在他身后。
She drops into the driver’s seat, SEES that Ren has a tight hold on Xiaoyu, then cranks her engine and floors the gas pedal, sending the truck roaring into the road.
她一屁股坐进驾驶座,看到任紧紧抱着小雨,随即发动引擎,猛踩油门,卡车轰鸣着冲上了马路。

OLD WANG  老王

Goddamn it to hell!
见鬼去吧!

169 INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
169 卡车驾驶室 - 紧接着

Yingzi & Xiaoyu hoot & holler in triumph, reunited at last.
英子和小雨兴奋地欢呼,终于重逢了。

170 INT. GIRLS' WASHROOM, SCHOOL - CONTINUOUS
170 女生洗手间,学校 - 紧接着发生

Old Wang perches on a tiny lavatory, yelling into his phone.
老王蹲在一个小厕所里,冲着电话大声喊叫。

OLD WANG  老王

…they were pros for sure! Lifted the kid right under our goddamn noses. Get some guys out. Block the valley. Both ends!
…他们绝对是高手!就在我们眼皮底下把孩子带走了。派几个人出去,封锁山谷两端!

(listens, then)  (听了一会儿,然后)
For fuck’s sake, Baoliang, how tough can it be? Their getaway car’s a forty ton truck!
宝良,真他妈的,这有多难啊?他们的逃跑车竟然是一辆四十吨的大卡车!

171 INT. WAREHOUSE, MOUNTAIN VILLAGE - CONTINUOUS
171 室内。山村仓库 - 连续场景

Baoliang hangs up and howls in frustration. He was watching two of his workers soaping his precious EV JEEP in the family’s bustling warehouse - and now THIS!
宝良挂断电话,愤怒地嚎叫着。他正看着两个工人在家族繁忙的仓库里给他心爱的电动吉普车洗车——结果竟然出了这种事!
Surrounded by FORKLIFTS & PALLETS STACKED HIGH WITH CONTRABAND BOOZE & CIGARETTES, WORKERS load TRUCKS of all shapes and sizes when Baoliang suddenly yells…
在叉车和堆满违禁酒类和香烟的托盘环绕下,工人们正忙着装载各种型号的卡车,突然宝良大声喊了起来……

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Everybody quiet! Listen up!
大家安静,注意听!
All work gradually stops. Silence descends on the warehouse.
所有工作渐渐停了下来,仓库里陷入了寂静。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

So we got a situation. How many of you guys have got dirt bikes?
情况是这样的,你们当中有多少人骑越野摩托车?
A dozen tough-looking workers raise their hands.
十二个看起来很结实的工人举起了手。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Great. Go saddle up. This could be your lucky day!
太棒了,快去准备马鞍吧,今天可能是你的幸运日!

(but nobody moves)  (但没有人动)
So what are you waiting for? Move!
你还在等什么?快行动吧!

172 EXT. SMALL TOWN MONTAGE - DAY
172 号外景,小镇剪影 - 白天

Riding his raucous DIRT BIKE through town, Old Wang’s BODYGUARD turns onto a trail that winds up a forested hill. Moments later he’s followed by four more screaming DIRT BIKES
老王的保镖骑着吵闹的越野摩托车穿过小镇,转入一条通往森林山坡的蜿蜒小路。没过多久,另外四辆呼啸而来的越野摩托车紧随其后。

173 ext. FORESTED MOUNTAIN PASS - LATER
173 号外景,森林山口——稍后场景

ANIMALS in this serene landscape suddenly freeze - alert to a distant, indistinct raucous buzzing sound that curdles into a RIOT OF NOISE.
这片宁静的景色中的动物突然停住动作,警觉地听着远处一个模糊而刺耳的嗡嗡声,逐渐演变成一阵嘈杂的喧嚣。
Terrified BIRDS take flight, DEER vanish into dense woodland and SQUIRRELS gaze down from the treetops as the flotilla of DIRT BIKES swarm beneath them, hurtling uphill.
惊慌的鸟儿纷纷飞起,鹿群消失在浓密的树林中,松鼠从树梢上凝视着,尘土飞扬的越野摩托车队在它们脚下蜂拥而上,飞速冲坡。

174 EXt/INT. REN'S TRUCK, RURAL ROADS - CONTINUOUS
174 外景/内景。任的卡车行驶在乡村道路上 - 连续镜头

As Ren’s truck bounces over rough, rural roads, he looks increasingly troubled.
仁的卡车在崎岖的乡村道路上颠簸,他的表情越来越忧虑。

REN  人名(音译)

Yingzi, maybe I screwed up.
英子,可能是我弄错了。

YINGZI  英子

You did, Ren. But not now, please.
你做过了,Ren,但现在请不要。

REN  人名(音译)

I mean about using backroads. It was dumb. We’re moving way too slowly.
我是说走乡间小路这主意很蠢。我们走得太慢了。

YINGZI  英子

I daren’t go faster. The tires might blow.
我不敢开得更快,怕轮胎会爆炸。
Suddenly they hear the WHINE OF POWERFUL ENGINES. TWO DIRT BIKES burst out of the treeline on to the road BEHIND THEM.
突然,他们听到强劲引擎的轰鸣声。两辆越野摩托车从树林边缘冲出,出现在他们身后的路上。
Spotting them IN HER MIRRORS Yingzi panics.
英子在后视镜中看到他们,顿时慌了神。

YINGZI  英子

Where did they come from?
他们是从哪里来的?
In desperation she yanks her wheel back & forth, evasively careening the truck all over the road, kicking up HUGE DUST CLOUDS, making life impossible for the bikers. Until…
绝望之中,她拼命地左右猛拉方向盘,卡车在路上不断偏离轨道,扬起巨大的尘土云,让骑车的人难以通行。直到……
Yingzi suddenly STOMPS on the brakes. Xiaoyu squeals as the tires lock up, lurching the truck into a grinding skid.
英子突然猛踩刹车,轮胎锁死,卡车剧烈打滑,小雨惊叫出声。
Seeing this, the LEAD BIKER takes the bait and rapidly closes the gap, RACING UP BESIDE THE TRUCK, grinning across at Yingzi as he points his finger - mimicking SHOOTING A GUN.
看到这一幕,领头的骑手上钩了,迅速拉近距离,飞快地骑到卡车旁边,朝迎子咧嘴笑着,用手指比划着开枪的动作。
Then he laughs and lasciviously licks his lips. Big mistake.
然后他笑了,带着一丝猥亵地舔了舔嘴唇。这是个大错误。

YINGZI  英子

Ugh, gross! Why do they all do that?
呃,真恶心!他们为什么都要那样做?
Yingzi swerves hard left towards him as if her truck’s a GOKART.
英子猛地向左急转,朝他冲去,就像她开的是一辆卡丁车。
SWATTING BIKER #1 aside like a fly.
SWATTING 骑手 #1 被像拍苍蝇一样拨到一边。

He wobbles, struggling to control the uncontrollable before his BIKE TAKES TO THE AIR and arcs down INTO A WOODED GULLY.
他摇晃着,拼命想控制失控的局面,结果他的自行车飞了起来,划出一道弧线,冲进了一个树林深处的山谷。
INSIDE THE CAB they celebrate with whoops & hollers!
车厢里他们欢呼雀跃,庆祝胜利!

REN  人名(音译)

Attagirl! Bring it on!  加油,姑娘!放马过来!
(yells out the window)
(朝窗外大声喊)

Who wants to be next, assholes?
谁想接下来,混蛋们?

XIAOYU  小雨

(to Ren)  (对任说)
If my Nainai was here you’d be in big trouble! 5 kwai in the sweary-jar!
要是我奶奶在这儿,你可就大麻烦了!罚你 5 块钱,放进“骂人罐”!
Then suddenly Xiaoyu’s eyes WIDEN LIKE SAUCERS as a SECOND BIKER appears in the truck’s side mirror - closing fast.
突然,小雨的眼睛瞪得大大的,就像碟子一样,因为第二个骑车人出现在卡车的侧镜里,迅速逼近。

XIAOYU  小雨

Holy shit! Momma here comes another one!
天哪!妈妈又来了一个!
Yingzi & Renn turn to each other in shock. Did they really just here that?
英子和伦震惊地对视,他们真的刚刚听到了那个吗?
But now’s not the time to go there. BIKER #2 is closing in, thrilled by the chase and laughing crazily!
但现在不是去那儿的时候。骑手#2 正迅速靠近,兴奋地追赶着,疯狂地大笑着!

BIKER #2  骑士 #2

You ain’t gonna shake us, honey! But we’ll sure as hell shake you!
你别想动摇我们,亲爱的!不过我们一定会让你动摇!
Sitting behind him, Old Wang’s HUGE BODYGUARD shouts…
坐在他身后,老王那高大的保镖大声喊道……

BODYGUARD  保镖

Keep pushing her! Either she’ll fuck up or her tires are gonna blow.
继续逼她!她要么会出错,要么轮胎会爆掉。
In Yingzi’s MIRROR she SEES BIKER #2 crank his engine and surge past her truck, pulling just far enough ahead before he beins swerving across the road, back and forth, left and right; blocking her path & slowing her down.
在英子的镜头中,她看到骑手#2 发动引擎,冲过她的卡车,稍微领先后开始在路上左右来回摆动,挡住她的去路,迫使她减速。

REN  人名(音译)

What are they doing?
他们正在做什么?

YINGZI  英子

Slowing us down. Making us wait for their friends.
拖慢我们的进度,让我们等他们的朋友。

REN  人名(音译)

What friends?  哪些朋友?

YINGZI  英子

Those friends…  那些朋友们…
She & Ren glance in the MIRRORS - SEEING TWO MORE DIRT BIKES bursting out of the trees on to the road behind them.
她和 Ren 看了一眼后视镜,看到两辆越野摩托车从树丛中冲出来,正驶向他们身后的道路。

REN  人名(音译)

The hell with ‘em! Swat ‘em all!
去他的!全都打倒他们!

YINGZI  英子

No! I can’t do that. (then suddenly, an idea) Get her in the back. Now!
不行!我做不到。(突然灵机一动)从后面抓住她,快!
Ren pops his seatbelt then LIFTS XIAOYU onto the BUNK.
任解开安全带后,将小雨抱上了铺位。

REN  人名(音译)

Eyes closed, Sweetie. And no peeking, okay?
亲爱的,闭上眼睛,别偷看,好吗?

XIAOYU  小雨

Peeking is cheating. I don’t cheat.
偷看就是作弊,而我从不作弊。
With TWO BIKES behind her and the ONE UP AHEAD drifting back & forth in wide arcs forcing her to slow down… Yingzi controls her panic and suddenly becomes very, very calm…
她身后有两辆自行车,前方那辆自行车在宽阔的弧线中不断漂移,迫使她减速……英子控制住了自己的恐慌,突然变得异常冷静……
And then she starts to accelerate, going faster, and faster. Until she’s CHASING the BIKE up ahead and pulling away from the BIKES behind her…
然后她开始加速,速度越来越快,直到追上前面的自行车,同时远远甩开了身后的自行车……
Her eyes dart back and forth between the TWO BIG SIDE MIRRORS
她的目光在两个大侧视镜之间快速移动

YINGZI  英子

(murmurs)  (窃窃私语)
Now if we can just get all our ducks in a row. Perfect! That’s it, guys. A little bit closer.
现在只要我们把所有事情都安排好就行了。完美!就这样,大家再靠近一点。
Then at the exact moment the BODYGUARD’S BIKE arcs DIRECTLY IN FRONT HER, and the two CHASING BIKES are directly behind…
就在保镖的摩托车恰好从她面前划过弧线的瞬间,两个追击的摩托车紧紧跟在后面……

YINGZI  英子

(yells)  (大声喊)
Hold tight.  握紧。
She stomps on the gas, her truck surges forward - giving the Bodyguard’s DRIVER no time to avoid being shunted rapidly aside… and while they fight to stay upright…
她猛踩油门,卡车迅速冲出,保镖的司机来不及躲避,被迅速挤到一边……他们拼命保持平衡……
Yingzi STAMPS ON HER BRAKES. HER TIRES LOCK UP INTO A SKID and INSIDE THE CABIN they feel a dull ‘CLUNK’ as two MUTED HOWLS ARE HEARD as the bikes behind smash into the truck’s rear end.
英子猛踩刹车,轮胎锁死打滑。车厢内传来一声沉闷的“咔嗒”,紧接着两声闷哼响起,后面的自行车撞上了卡车的尾部。

YINGZI  英子

Did you hear that?
你听见了吗?
From the bunk, Xiaoyu’s head pops up…
小雨从铺位上探出头来……

XIAOYU  小雨

I heard it! What was it? Can I peek now?
我听到了!那是什么声音?我现在可以偷偷看一眼吗?

REN  人名(音译)

(beaming)  (满面笑容)
That was the sound of freedom.
那正是自由的声音。
And as she calmly pulls away… IN HER MIRRORS WE SEE THREE DIRT BIKES scattered across the dusty road, their passengers sitting bruised and dazed amongst MANGLED DIRT BIKE FRAGMENTS
当她平静地驶离时……从她的后视镜中可以看到三辆越野摩托车散落在尘土飞扬的道路上,乘客们坐在破碎的越野摩托车残骸中,浑身是伤,神情迷茫
And as they continue on their way…
当他们继续前行时……

XIAOYU (O.S.)  小雨(旁白)

Can we go home to see Nainai now?
我们现在可以回家看奶奶吗?

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

Sure we can! Sounds like a great idea
当然可以!这主意真不错

REN  人名(音译)

Um, Yingzi - not that I want to put a crimp in our plans, but…
嗯,英子——我不是想扫我们的兴,但……

(pointing downhill)  (指着山坡下方)
If that’s who I think it is, we might need to rethink a little?
如果真的是我想的人,我们可能得重新考虑一下
Yingzi stops the truck, grabs the BINOCULARS and looks down the hill to a BRIDGE over a fast-flowing river.
英子停下卡车,拿起望远镜朝山下望去,看到一座桥横跨在湍急的河流上。
That’s where BAOLIANG IS WAITING with his scary-looking GOONS armed with IRON RODS & CLUBS. All of them gathered around Baoliang’s JEEP, parked across the bridge, blocking Yingzi’s escape.
宝良正带着他那些拿着铁棍和棍棒的凶狠手下们在那里等着。所有人围着宝良的吉普车,吉普车停在桥对面,挡住了英子的逃路。

REN  人名(音译)

(softly)  (轻声地)
We can still turn back?
我们还能回去吗?

YINGZI  英子

No, Ren. I’m done with turning back. Pass me your phone.
不,Ren。我已经不想回头了,把你的手机给我。

175 INT. BAR - DAY
175 号场景。酒吧内 - 白天

Feng sits alone in his BOOTH when his PHONE BUZZES.
冯独自坐在包间里,手机突然震动起来。

He glances down distractedly, but then SEES REN’S CALLER ID. His face lights up as he hits his SPEAKER.
他心不在焉地往下看,突然看到 REN 的来电显示,脸上顿时露出笑意,按下了免提键。

FENG  

Ren? Hi, buddy! How’re you doing?
仁?嗨,朋友!你最近怎么样?

YINGZI  英子

(filtered)
Don’t ‘buddy’ me, you worthless piece of crap!
别跟我叫“伙计”,你这个没用的废物!
Feng’s face freezes. His worst nightmare! Staring at his phone in horror, he stammers…
冯的脸色一变,仿佛遇到了最可怕的噩梦!他惊恐地盯着手机,结结巴巴地说……

FENG  

Yingzi? How? I mean, did you…?
英子?怎么回事?我是说,你真的……?
It’s all too much for Feng. Confusion borders on panic!
对冯来说,事情太多了,困惑几乎让他感到恐慌!

176 INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
176 卡车驾驶室内 - 紧接着发生

YINGZI  英子

Two for the price of one, Feng! Your new best friend and your old worst nightmare, all in one package!
两个合一的优惠,冯!你的新好朋友和旧日的噩梦,全都打包在一起!

FENG (O.S.)  冯(旁白)

Whoa! That’s creepy.  哇!那真让人毛骨悚然。

177 INT. BAR - DAY
177 号场景。酒吧内 - 白天

Feng reaches for his phone, intending to hang up.
冯伸手拿起手机,准备挂断电话。

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

(speakerphone)  (免提)
Don’t even think about it, Chang Feng! For once in your worthless life you need to listen up!
常风,别再想了!你这没用的生活里,至少这一次要好好听我说!
Feng’s eyes widen. He glances around him. How did she know?
冯的眼睛瞪大了,他环顾四周,心想她是怎么知道的?

178 INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
178 内景。卡车驾驶室 - 连续场景

YINGZI  英子

…so Xiaoyu and me are stuck on the mountain.
……所以小优和我被困在山上了。

(turns to Xiaoyu)  (转向小雨说道)
Say ‘hi’ to Daddy, sweetheart.
亲爱的,跟爸爸打个招呼吧。

XIAOYU  小雨

Hi, Daddy!  爸爸,你好!

YINGZI  英子

We’re in trouble, Feng. Your idiot friend has his goons out to get us…
我们遇到麻烦了,冯。你那个傻朋友派人来追我们……

FENG (O.S.)  冯(旁白)

…who? What goons?  …谁?什么混混?

179 INT. BAR - DAY
179 号场景,酒吧内 - 白天

YINGZI (O.S.)  英子(旁白)

Baoliang’s a mobster, remember? This is what they do. It’s… part of the job description!
记得宝良是个黑帮分子吧?这就是他们的行事方式,算是工作的一部分!
THE CAMERA SLOWLY CLOSES ON FENG’s EXPRESSION; becoming angrier the more he hears what Yingzi has to say.
镜头缓缓拉近冯的脸庞,他听着英子的话,脸上的怒气渐渐加深。
Gradually his expression contorts into COLD, HARD FURY.
他的表情逐渐变得冷酷而愤怒。

FENG  

(in disbelief)  (难以相信地)
But, so… Baoliang was going to sell her?
但是,等等……宝良真的打算把她卖掉?

YINGZI  英子

Him and his creepy family, yeah. Oh, and Feng… “Abduction & Trafficking of a Minor” will get you 15 years. I looked it up.
他和他那令人不安的家人,是的。哦,还有冯……“绑架和贩卖未成年人”会判你 15 年监禁。我查过了。

180 INT. TRUCK - CONTINUOUS
180 内景。卡车内 - 连续镜头

Feng’s line suddenly disconnects and goes dead.
冯的电话线突然断了,电话中断了。

YINGZI  英子

Feng? You still there?
冯,你还在吗?
When she gets no response she hands back the phone to Ren.
她没有得到回应后,把电话还给了 Ren。

REN  人名(音译)

You really looked it up?
你真的查过这件事吗?

YINGZI  英子

(shrugs, no)  (耸耸肩,表示不)
But it sounded good, right?
不过听起来挺不错的,对吧?

XIAOYU  小雨

So now are we going home to Nainai?
那我们现在要回奶奶家吗?

YINGZI  英子

Maybe not quite yet, honey. Just this once we need to have faith in your Daddy.
也许现在还不行,宝贝。这一次我们得相信爸爸。

181 EXT. BAR - CONTINUOUS
181 外景,酒吧 - 连续镜头

Feng is already on his MOTORBIKE, weaving dangerously through TRAFFIC as he races out of town.
冯已经骑上摩托车,在车流中穿梭自如,迅速驶出城镇。

182 INT. TRUCK CABIN, ROADSIDE, HILLTOP - CONTINUOUS
182 内景。卡车驾驶室,路边,山顶 - 连续场景

BINOCULAR POV: Yingzi watches Baoliang like a hawk. He pulls his PHONE from his pocket; answering a CALL.
双筒望远镜视角:英子紧盯着宝良,像鹰一样。他从口袋里掏出手机,接起了电话。

183 EXT. FENG'S MOTORBIKE, MOUNTAIN ROAD - CONTINUOUS
183 外景。冯的摩托车在山路上行驶 - 连续镜头

FENG  

Bastard!  该死!
Steering his bike one-handed, Feng nearly loses control as he YELLS INTO HIS PHONE.
他单手握着车把,骑车时对着手机大声喊叫,差点失控。

FENG  

I paid good money for you to watch my six year old kid. And you decide to fucking sell her?
我花了不少钱让你照顾我六岁的孩子,你居然决定把她卖掉?

INTERCUT - ON THE BRIDGE
交叉剪辑 - 桥上场景

BAOLIANG  宝亮

(into phone)  (接通电话)
What? Who told you that? Your ‘ex’?
什么?是谁告诉你的?是你的“前任”吗?
Baoliang glares venomously UP AT YINGZI, staring steadily down at him.
宝良恶狠狠地瞪着英子,目光死死地盯着他。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Don’t let her wind you up, Bro’. I swear your kid’s safe. I got this!
别被她激得发火,兄弟。我保证你的孩子没事,我来负责!

FENG (O.S.)  冯(旁白)

You ain’t got shit, Baoliang! And my ‘ex’ has got my kid.
你一无所有,宝良!而我的“前任”带走了我的孩子。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Not for long she doesn’t!
她撑不了多久!

FENG  

No man. Forget it. Forget all of it. I want my kid back. Just go home.
不,别说了。忘了这一切吧。我只想要我的孩子回来。你还是回家去吧。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Sorry, 'bro. No can do!
抱歉,哥们,办不到!

FENG  

What the fuck does that mean?
那到底是什么意思?

BAOLIANG  宝亮

It means your kid’s the one going home. With me. That’s how we settle your old man’s Gas Station debt… Business is business, Bro’.
这就是说,你的孩子要跟我回家。这样我们就能了结你老爸加油站的债务……生意就是生意,兄弟。

184 INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
184 卡车驾驶室 - 紧接着

YINGZI WATCHES Baoliang hang up. He turns TOWARDS HER, SMILES and beckons her down to join him.
颖子看着宝良挂断电话。他转过身对她微笑,招手让她下来和他一起。

YINGZI  英子

Have it your way, asshole.
随你便,混蛋。
And as Ren SEES HER EXPRESSION TRANSFORM into one of STEELY RESOLVE, he tightens his seatbelt around himself and Xiaoyu.
当仁看到她的表情变得坚毅果断时,他为自己和小优紧紧系好安全带。

YINGZI  英子

Ren? I promise I’ll do my best but, your rig…
仁?我保证会尽力,但你的装备……

REN  人名(音译)

…might get trashed?  ……可能会被弄坏吗?
(he shrugs)  (他耸了耸肩)
There’s worse things in life than getting fired. Let’s get going. These thugs will keep coming. It’s now or never!
生活中还有比被解雇更糟的事。我们走吧,这些恶棍还会继续来袭。现在不行动,更待何时!
Yingzi gazes at him, grateful for the sacrifice he’s willing to make for her. Then SHE STARTS HER ENGINE.
英子凝视着他,心怀感激,因为他愿意为她付出牺牲。随后,她发动了引擎。

ON THE BRIDGE  桥上

Baoliang watches the truck picking up speed on the hill.
宝良看着卡车在山坡上速度越来越快。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Roll out the chain!
把链条放下来!
Four GOONS drag a rusty metal chain across the breadth of the bridge, it’s made of ugly-looking interlocking metal spikes.
四个恶棍拖着一条生锈的金属链横跨桥面,这条链由丑陋的相互连接的金属尖刺构成。

185 EXT. OPPOSITE RIVERBANK - CONTINUOUS
185 外景,对岸河岸 - 连续镜头

Meanwhile Feng powers his MOTORBIKE along the road bordering the river. Up ahead; the DISTANT BRIDGE is getting closer.
此时,冯骑着摩托车沿着河边的路飞驰而过。前方,远处的桥渐渐靠近。

186 INT. TRUCK CABIN - CONTINUOUS
186 卡车驾驶室 - 连续场景

At the BOTTOM OF THE HILL Yingzi doesn’t slow down. She screams as she flies over the narrow road, bouncing her truck ON TO THE BRIDGE while Ren pushes the terrified Xiaoyu to the floor. YINGZI’S AIR HORNS BLARE A WARNING as she surges ahead.
在山脚下,英子没有减速。她尖叫着飞速驶过狭窄的道路,跳跃着将卡车开上桥面,任则则把惊慌失措的小雨按倒在地。英子的空气喇叭响起警告声,她迅速冲了过去。

187 EXT. ON THE BRIDGE - CONTINUOUS
187 外景。桥上 - 连续拍摄

Baoliang speaks softly to his Thugs.
宝良轻声对他的手下们说。

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Stand firm! She won’t see this through.
坚持住!她撑不到最后的。

(smiles)  (笑了)
After all, she doesn’t have the balls. Remember?
毕竟,她没那个胆量。还记得吗?
His THUGS smile. Though once he turns away their confidence seems more shaky. And who can blame them, with a forty-ton truck hurtling their way?
他的手下们露出笑容,但当他转身离开时,他们的信心似乎开始动摇。毕竟,一辆四十吨重的卡车正朝他们飞驰而来,谁能责怪他们呢?
Seeing that Yingzi has not slowed down Baoliang shouts…
看到英子没有减速,宝良大声喊道……

BAOLIANG  宝亮

Believe me, she wouldn’t dare. This ends here. Close ranks!
相信我,她绝不会胆敢。事情到此为止,大家团结起来!
But unbeknownst to Baoliang behind his back Feng has turned on to the opposite end of the BRIDGE and seeing his friend’s army armed to the teeth and YINGZI HUNKERED BEHIND HER WHEEL, CLOSING IN ON THE MIDDLE OF THE BRIDGE… 150 METERS AWAY, THEN 100, NOW 75…
宝良毫不知情,冯已经转到了桥的另一端,看到他朋友的军队全副武装,英子紧握方向盘,蹲伏着,正逐渐逼近桥的中部……距离 150 米,接着 100 米,现在只有 75 米……
At 50 METERS Baoliang’s THUGS glance at each other in COLD PANIC before they cut and run for safety, clambering over the BRIDGE WALL, throwing themselves into the frigid river below; anything to save their skins!
在 50 米外,宝良的恶棍们惊慌失措,互相对视后迅速逃命,爬过桥墙,跳入冰冷的河水中,拼命保命!
That’s when Yingzi suddenly realises the MYSTERIOUS BIKER racing across the bridge towards her, whom she thought was a threat WAS FENG - bearing down on Baoliang.
就在那一刻,英子突然明白,那个她以为是威胁、正骑车飞速朝她驶来的神秘骑手,竟然是凤——正朝宝良冲过来。

YINGZI  英子

(to herself)  (自言自语)
My God! I don’t believe it?
天哪!我简直不敢相信!
BAOLIANG flings himself sideways avoiding Feng’s bike attack BY INCHES
宝良侧身一闪,险险躲过了凤的自行车攻击
IN THE TRUCK - YINGZI’S SPOTS the ‘RAZOR CHAIN’ and swerves hard at the last second, missing the chain but colliding broadside into Baoliang’s precious JEEP.
在卡车里——颖子发现了“剃刀链”,在最后一刻急转方向,虽然避开了链条,却侧面撞上了宝良心爱的吉普车。
A DIRECT HIT that launches it into the air!
一击命中,将它击飞到空中!

And when the JEEP crashes back to earth - it lands on the bridge wall, teeters momentarily, perfectly balanced, as if deciding which way to fall…
当吉普车撞回地面时——它落在桥的护栏上,短暂地摇晃着,保持着完美的平衡,仿佛在犹豫着要向哪边倒下……
Before toppling into the FAST-FLOWING RIVER BELOW.
在跌入下面湍急的河水之前。
BAOLIANG HOWS IN FURY as if he’s lost a ‘brother’, while YINGZI thunders on across the bridge leaving Feng & Baoliang to scramble to their feet throwing punches.
宝良愤怒地咆哮着,仿佛失去了一个“兄弟”,而英子则像雷鸣般冲过桥,留下凤和宝良慌忙站起身,互相挥拳。
But after losing his beloved Jeep Baoliang’s heart isn’t in the fight - he distractedly allows Feng the SPLIT SECOND HE NEEDS TO LAND ONE DECISIVE PUNCH. Baoliang goes down and out.
但在失去心爱的吉普车宝良后,他心不在焉,分心中给了冯那一瞬间的机会,冯抓住机会打出致命一拳,宝良倒地不起。
At the end of the bridge Yingzi SKIDS TO A STOP. She hits her AIR HORNS and yells through her open window.
在桥的尽头,英子急刹车停下。她按响了空气喇叭,透过敞开的车窗大声喊叫。

YINGZI  英子

Feng! Stop screwing around. Get over here!
凤!别闹了,快过来!

188 EXT. END OF THE BRIDGE - CONTINUOUS
188 桥尾外景 - 连续镜头

As Feng stumbles across the bridge towards the Truck, Yingzi jumps out to inspect her shredded rear tire. And when Feng arrives…
凤蹒跚着走过桥,朝卡车走去,英子跳出来检查她那被撕裂的后轮胎。凤到达时……

YINGZI  英子

Your own daughter! How could you sell her to those creeps?
你自己的女儿!你怎么能把她卖给那些混蛋?

FENG  

I didn’t sell her, Yingzi. I swear I didn’t.
我没有卖掉她,英子,我发誓我没这么做。
She glares at him, shakes her head, full of contempt.
她怒目而视,摇头表示轻蔑。

YINGZI  英子

It would break Guiru’s heart if anything happened to your sorry ass and it’s not safe around here - so I’ll take you home, okay? But after that we’re done.
如果你这可怜的家伙出了什么事,桂茹会很难过的,这里也不安全——所以我会送你回家,好吗?不过送你回家之后,我们就算完了。
She walks back and opens the truck’s huge loading doors. Feng hesitates, staring into the cavernous empty space.
她走回去,打开卡车那扇巨大的装货门。冯犹豫地盯着那空荡荡的巨大空间。

FENG  

Where am I supposed to sit?
我应该坐在哪儿?

YINGZI  英子

On your ass, Feng. After you change that shredded tire. At least you’re good for something.
冯,快点动手,先把那个破轮胎换了。至少你还有点用处。

(Feng still hesitates)  (冯还在犹豫)
Unless you’d prefer to walk?
除非你想走路?

189 ext. Chang family house - much later that night
189 外景。张家大院——深夜时分

Ren tucks a blanket around Xiaoyu, sleeping in his bunk.
任给睡在他铺位上的小雨盖好毯子。

He gently closes his cab door & climbs down into the road. After a brief glance at his BADLY BANGED UP RIG he heads inside…
他轻轻关上驾驶室的门,走下车进入马路。看了眼自己那辆严重受损的卡车后,他便走进了屋里……

190 INT CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - CONTINUOUS
190 室内 张家住宅 - 连续镜头

YINGZI  英子

…stop lying to me, Feng! People saw you getting paid off in the street.
……别再骗我了,冯!有人看到你在街上收贿赂。
Ren enters from outside & stands in the shadows. Listening.
蓮从外面走进来,站在阴影里,静静地听着。

FENG  

That’s bullshit! Maybe they saw cash changing hands, but that was money I paid Baoliang to look after her.
那完全是胡扯!也许他们看到了现金的来往,但那是我付给宝良,让他照顾她的钱。

(ruefully)  (懊恼地)
There was always a price; he was never a ‘something for nothing guy’.
总是要付出代价;他从来不是那种不劳而获的人。

(ashamed)  (感到羞愧)
I didn’t sell her, Yingzi. I was hiding her. From you.
我没有卖她,英子。我是在帮她躲着你。

REN (O.S.)  伦(画外声音)

That might be true, Yingzi. He said the same thing to me.
也许是真的,英子。他对我说的也是一样的话。
Hearing Ren’s voice, Feng’s head spins. Totally confused.
听到任的声音,风感到头晕目眩,完全糊涂了。

REN  人名(音译)

Hi, Feng.  你好,冯。
(turns to Yingzi)  (转向英子)
She’s sacked out in the bunk. She won’t stir 'till morning.
她已经在铺位上睡着了,直到早上都不会醒来。
Barely controlling her anger, Yingzi turns for the door.
英子几乎控制不住自己的愤怒,转身朝门口走去。

YINGZI  英子

Can we please get out of here? I can’t stand the sight of him.
我们能不能赶快离开这里?我实在看不下他。
But then, as she turns to go…
就在这时,她转身准备离开……

FENG  

As far back as I remember, nothing I did around here was enough for my Dad. And when Xiaoyu was born; yeah, I was angry. If she’d been a boy, maybe I could’ve have put a smile on his face. Just once.
从我记事起,我做的任何事在爸爸眼里都不够好。小雨出生的时候,我真的很生气。如果她是个男孩,也许我能让爸爸哪怕露出一次笑容。

(to Yingzi)  (对英子)
I won’t forgive myself for the way I let her down. But can I, will you let me see her once in a while?
我无法原谅自己辜负了她。但你能让我偶尔见她一面吗?

YINGZI  英子

The time has long passed when you get to ask me for favours. Y’know what I just don’t get? You had it all. Three women in your life; your Mom, your kid… and me.
你早就没有资格再来找我帮忙了。你知道我一直不明白的是,你本来拥有一切——你生命中的三个女人:你的妈妈、你的孩子……还有我。
Yingzi shakes her head in despair, turns her back on him and heads outside, followed by Guiru who’s unable to disguise her heavy heart.
英子绝望地摇头,转身背对着他走向外面,桂茹跟在后面,心情沉重难以掩饰。
Only Ren lingers in the doorway. Feng looks at him…
只有任还站在门口,冯望着他……

FENG  

Can I ask you something? If things had worked out different. Could you and me have been friends?
我能问你一个问题吗?如果事情当初不一样,你我会成为朋友吗?

191 ext. STREET OUTSIDE ChANG FAMILY hOUSE - NIGHT
191 号外景。昌家住宅外的街道 - 夜晚

Out in the empty street Guiru and Yingzi shiver in the night air, both gazing at Ren’s SEVERELY DAMAGED TRUCK.
在空旷的街道上,桂茹和英子在夜风中瑟瑟发抖,目光都投向任那辆严重受损的卡车。

GUIRU  贵儒

Did you do that?
你做那件事了吗?

YINGZI  英子

(nods)  (点头)
All me.  都是我做的。

GUIRU  贵儒

You should be proud of yourself.
你应该为自己感到自豪。

YINGZI  英子

For wrecking Ren’s truck?
是因为把 Ren 的卡车弄坏了吗?

GUIRU  贵儒

For saving your daughter.
为了救你的女儿。

YINGZI  英子

Perhaps I will be. One day. But first I need to get away from all of this. You should come too.
也许有一天我会的。但现在我得先离开这里。你也应该一起来。

GUIRU  贵儒

(shakes her head)  (摇了摇头)
I’ve got a broken son to mend. You never get to stop being someone’s Mom…
我有一个受伤的儿子需要照顾。作为母亲,这份责任永远不会结束……

192 INT. CHANG FAMILY HOUSE - LATER
192 室内。张家 - 稍后时间

Feng still sits where they left him. Motionless and spent. He hears FOOTSTEPS. And when he sees Yingzi he begins to speak…
冯依旧坐在他们留下他的地方,静止不动,疲惫不堪。他听见脚步声,看到英子时,便开始开口……

YINGZI  英子

Not a word, okay? This is hard enough as it is.
一句话都别说,好吗?这已经够难了。
Then after a difficult silence.
然后经历了一段沉默的时刻。

YINGZI  英子

You can visit her on her birthday. We’ll start with that.
你可以在她生日那天去看望她。我们就从这开始吧。

FENG  

Will you tell her? What I did.
你会告诉她我做了什么吗?

YINGZI  英子

(shakes her head, no)  (摇头,表示不)
You’re still her Dad. She’ll have to make up her own mind about you. Just birthdays, okay?
你依然是她的爸爸。她会自己决定怎么看你。就只在生日那天见面,好吗?

193 EXT. FAST FREIGHT DEPOT - DAWN
193 外景。快运货站 - 清晨

Ren’s banged up TRUCK pulls to a stop across from the DEPOT already bustling with activity. Yingzi climbs down and turns to WATCH REN HUGGING XIAOYU.
任那辆破旧的卡车停在对面正热闹非凡的车站旁。英子下车后转身,看着任和小雨相拥。

REN  人名(音译)

See you around, kiddo!  回头见,孩子!
(re: Lamby)  (关于 Lamby)
Look after this guy, okay? He’s one tough lamb that’s for sure.
照顾好这个家伙,好吗?他可是个非常坚强的人。

XIAOYU  小雨

Promise we’ll see you again?
你答应我们会再见面吗?

REN  人名(音译)

You and your Mom can talk about that.
你可以和你妈妈谈谈这件事。

YINGZI  英子

Come on, Sweetie. Jump. I’ll always catch you.
来吧,宝贝,跳下来,我永远都会接住你。
Xiaoyu confidently jumps into Yingzi’s arms and as she holds her daughter close, she & Ren exchange a bittersweet smile before he nods goodbye.
小雨自信地跳进英子的怀抱,英子紧紧抱着女儿,她和仁相视一笑,带着些许不舍,仁点头道别。
As Yingzi & Xiaoyu walk hand in hand towards the Depot, Ren blasts his AIR HORNS; his signature farewell - one last time.
英子和小雨手牵手走向仓库时,仁吹响了他标志性的空气喇叭,作为最后一次的告别。